EOC-5611P and F5d8235-4 v3

Nate769
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 17:49    Post subject: EOC-5611P and F5d8235-4 v3 Reply with quote
Hey everyone, just joined dd-wrt.

I'm having some setup problems between my two routers.

Firstly I need to get a wireless signal to a house that is about 100ft away. I have a Belkin f5d8235-4 v3 at my current house. I did the dd-wrt update on it so I am running firmware version 17305 or something around there. I had an old engenius ESR-1220 that I wanted to use but its unsupported by dd-wrt. So I was looking into the Engenius EOC-5611P, LONG RANGE router. Figuring that maybe I could set it up and it would go more that 100ft. (via lan to my belkin, because I still need the belkin for several lan ports)

That is my first issue, if someone has got the EOC-5611P to go more than 100ft, what settings to I have to enable? I am using a d-link 12dbm external antenna and it does not go much more then my belkin!

Second thing that I tried was to set up EOC-5611P as a client to the belkin. Did the whole site survey thing, it found the belkin and I hit join. It says it joined successfully and I changed the SSID and security to the same as the host. I can't get any internet on the client router. I also understand that this makes it unable to broadcast a wireless signal out of the client, unless you go with a "virtual" signal. Am I doing something wrong?

Then I tried linking them together via WDS. I followed this walkthrough http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/WDS_Linked_router_network.
whatever I do I cannot get them to link! On the belkin it shows my client router as a WDS node just with no signal. And on the EOC-5611P it does not show anything!

Anyways, if someone could help me find a way to get my wireless signal to my other house that is again 100ft away, anything is appreciated. If you need any screenshots of what I set up on either tries let me know and I will post them! Thanks in advance!
Sponsor
Nate769
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 17:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
I failed to mention that the EOC-5611P is also running dd-wrt firmware. (the latest version)
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
wds will not work. do dint read the wiki link carefully
&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 16:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
I know it was not guarenteed to work, just thought maybe I would try, thought I was doing something wrong.

Is a AP to Client possible? As I started in the first place?
Nate769
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 20:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
**UPDATE**

I have been working steady on this...I followed this guide http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Wireless_Bridge

I got the two routers talking now, everything is working, HOWEVER. I have to set a static IP, as well as static DNS servers in order to connect. I thought you could set it up so that the client router would just forward the ports from the host, am I wrong?

Also I have to connect via LAN in order to get it to work. I tried enabling a "virtual" wireless network and everything stopped working. So I assume that that is not possible?

In that case I have the ESR-1220 that I could connect via Lan to this router, but again I just want it forward the ports from the host. Is this possible? Any more info is great. I am slowly starting to understand everything but ANYTHING is useful to me! Thanks!
Nate769
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 21:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nevermind, I got the virtual AP to work with internet, and everything is good on that part of things. Now I am broadcasting wireless off the same client-bridge. Only one more problem...

I have it set up as a client bride right now, and my only issue at this point is the client router is not forwarding any IPs or DNS servers. I have to manually input them in my computer to connect. Both on LAN and WAN. Which REALLY is not that big of deal for me, but for the rest of the clan they have no idea what those addresses are. They just want to connect and have it work! Which is not possible without an automatic DHCP.
crooked
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 17:01    Post subject: EOC-5611p and Universal Wireless Repeater Reply with quote
I was able to get v24 sp2 (10/10/09) onto this device, but it doesn't seem to be going well.

I am trying to configure it according to the Universal Wireless Repeater, however, as soon as I enable the DHCP on the wan link, the device provides my laptop with a new ip address and then goes incommunicato.
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Universal_Wireless_Repeater

Do these devices support the UWR?

If I don't enable the WAN link and continue to the next step which is to change the wireless mode to "repeater", I don't find that in the drop down list.

I am looking for someone who has gotten the UWR mode working with this device. Am I using the best firmware? Is there an updated set of instructions to configure the UWR?
Nate769
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 19:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
I don't know how to figure yours out crooked.

But I ran into a snag on figuring out my issue with DHCP on my client router.

The iphones, seem to get an IP with being on DHCP but nothing else. My laptops, desktops, android phones, None of them get an ip address on DHCP mode.

So is there something about the iphones that are so much different from everything else? OR am I still missing a setting somewhere?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Senao Devices All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: