100 pages of WRT160Nv3 posts condensed (Device thread)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
cliffboss
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
Pjotr12345 wrote:
OK, it's been almost a month now, since I installed build 15693 on my Linksys WRT160N v3.

So here's the report: no problems whatsoever! Excellent performance. Smile

Where did you find the build? I am having troubles navigating the FTP.
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
@arborend:

I answer this in the first and second posts of this very thread.

Just a friendly reminder to please read the first post before asking a question. Wink
(Also the required reading mentioned in the first post as well...)

@cliffboss:

FTP link is also in the first post of the thread, but you're right, there are some pretty random directories in there, so here are the direct links to each developer's build directory:

BS: ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/
Eko: ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/V24-K26/

@Pjotr12345:

Great to hear! Glad my "digest" could be of some help. Smile
cliffboss
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
osmosis wrote:
@arborend:

I answer this in the first and second posts of this very thread.

Just a friendly reminder to please read the first post before asking a question. Wink
(Also the required reading mentioned in the first post as well...)

@cliffboss:

FTP link is also in the first post of the thread, but you're right, there are some pretty random directories in there, so here are the direct links to each developer's build directory:

BS: ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/
Eko: ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/V24-K26/

@Pjotr12345:

Great to hear! Glad my "digest" could be of some help. Smile

Thanks Very Happy

Got build 15693 running now, and all is good Smile
ynewmarc
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello,

Anyone tried build 17598 yet ? I'm not seeing any file named with wrt160nv3 on build 17598. Does this build compatible with wrt160nv3 ? ftp://anonymous@ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/V24-K26/svn17598/dd-wrt.v24-17598_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini.bin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Posts that could be answered by reading the first post and the required reading will not get a response.

You have been warned.

If your question isn't getting an answer make sure that it needed to be asked considering all the information available in this thread and forum.

Better yet, ask yourself that before you post at all. Wink
rash.m2k
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
Quote:
rash.m2k wrote:
Anyway I also recommend you solder some external antennas into it, I've solder 2x 10dbi antennas and get really really good signal 3 floors up.

You soldered antennas where? I have a new Yagi antenna with a coax wire, and I'm not a good welder.

Hi mate, sorry about the late reply, but I didn't know someone replied to this thread! Wish it would email me!

Anyway I followed this guide:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=543103

It's not really a guide per se, but soldering is pretty straight forward and signal strength just rockets.

Currently I've set my TX to 50mw and it's been rock solid for 58 days!

If you are in the US look on ebay for 'wrt160n mod' full kit for $20.

I think thats kinda pricy because my router was only £15, I bought the connectors and antennas seperatley from china/hong kong.

On another note I'm currently running
DD-WRT v24-sp2 (11/09/10) mini - build 15704, but QoS does not work properly and and my signal is not the best sometimes in the attic.

Gonna try tomato firmware at some point!
kyjibo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 22:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well shit. I have been using a DD-WRT empowered WRT160Nv3 for the past year so I ordered a second one to use as a wireless bridge in the second half of the house. I start the process and when I plug it back in for the last 30 of the 30/30/30 reset I can smell the telltale odor of burnt electronics.

Its a dead thing! I'm going to exchange it back to Amazon(It was a refurb anyway) but does anyone have any advice for avoiding this in the future? I'm currently assuming it had something to do with me using the tail end of the power adapter and not the wall plug when plugged it in.
HLL
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 16:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'v tried a few of the recommended builds here and I still get wireless failures.
Right now using:
DD-WRT v24-sp2 (12/24/10) std-nokaid-small - build 15962
And wifi still fails after 40m - 1hr or so for 2 minutes...

I Love all the features on DDWRT, but I think I would have no choice but to revert to STOCK. :/
skoooty
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:48    Post subject: UDP proxy Reply with quote
Is it possible to set up UDP proxy on our router? Does someone has udpxy file for WRT160N v3?
svan71
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 21:56    Post subject: Same here ! Reply with quote
Flashed with this build and configure the router as repeater bridge. The wifi part does not work. Keep saying no internet access. But work when connected with Ethernet cable. Very strange indeed.[/quote]

same here setup as repeater works on lan connections fails to connect to wireless.
dougb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:00    Post subject: Success report Reply with quote
Haven't seen any recent reports of success with newer firmwares so I took a shot on ftp://dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2012/07-20-12-r19519/broadcom_K26/dd-wrt.v24-19519_NEWD-2_K2.6_std_nokaid_small.bin and wanted to let everyone know that it's working fine so far. I have a pretty basic G-only AP config, with an HE IPv6 tunnel.

hope this helps,

Doug

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 23:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
Could you try it in NG-Mixed and see if you get wireless interface drops? I'd love to know if any progress has been made since 15xxx regarding this but don't have access to an 160Nv3 any more.
helloelan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
osmosis wrote:
Could you try it in NG-Mixed and see if you get wireless interface drops? I'd love to know if any progress has been made since 15xxx regarding this but don't have access to an 160Nv3 any more.

NG-Mixed is a confirmed absolute failure on all builds. Drops every hour, etc.
jpalandra
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 0:32    Post subject: Not seeing the reported issues with new build Reply with quote
The only thing I have noticed is that with my lone wireless N laptop that it has disconnected at times, however this is specific to the client only and not the router. Been running about one week now and have not noticed any router resets, unless it has happened while I am away during the day. Just an FYI.
downloaddeviant
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 16:00    Post subject: Re: Success report Reply with quote
dougb wrote:
Haven't seen any recent reports of success with newer firmwares so I took a shot on ftp://dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2012/07-20-12-r19519/broadcom_K26/dd-wrt.v24-19519_NEWD-2_K2.6_std_nokaid_small.bin and wanted to let everyone know that it's working fine so far. I have a pretty basic G-only AP config, with an HE IPv6 tunnel.

hope this helps,

Doug

You gave me the confidence to try it. I have a v3 laying around and plan on setting it up for my uncle. I will let it run for a few weeks of his use then respond with some feed back here.

EDIT - For some reason, I cannot flash the mini build of this to get things started. For now, will go with dd-wrt.v24-18946_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini_wrt160nv3 then the same std nokaid build.

NOTES FOR THOSE WITH TROUBLES ON FOR ANY ROUTER -
I have installed DDWRT on dozens of routers. One thing I have learned is that the build might be excellent, your install APPEARS to go perfectly but you have troubles after testing it. Frustration ensues. I have learned to try the entire install process 3 or 4 times at least! I cannot tell you how many times a stable, solid build seemed like garbage only to rock and roll the router after I went back to manufacturer's firmware, then started the DDWRT install process all over again. It is not a guarantee but you will be surprised how well this works!

I have installed DDWRT once and things were perfect. Maybe the 1st went well but did not test well and the 2nd try worked. Sometimes it has taken 3 or 4 tries. My point is, do not be afraid, too lazy or overlook TRYING AGAIN. Also, if your mood is poor, walk away! Go get a beer, or maybe good night's rest then try again once refreshed.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 5 of 9
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: