Bonjour Sleep Proxy Server

Goto page Previous  1, 2
bazzoola
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 0:14    Post subject: Should be added Reply with quote
+1
Sponsor
Adelscott
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 18:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
+1 , I need this too ! Please make my dreams come true !
slev
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 21:00    Post subject: I'd like to see it implemented Reply with quote
Apple's routers aren't at the level of their other hardware; it'd be great to see this in DD-WRT. +1
eleqsis
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 23:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
If I get you guys right, you're asking for something that's already built in. If I didn't get a thing, please excuse my poor english skills ;)

We're talking about 'wake on demand' aka waking up a Mac while on wifi, right? I own a MBP connected to a Linksys Router running DD-WRT v24 SP2 from 2009 and I am able to wake it via wifi from anywhere with SleepOver App on my iPhone, even on 3G.

It worked for SnowLeo and so it does for Lion.
Unfortunately I don't really have a clue about bonjour and any too deep computer-dude background stuff, so I really do wonder if I got the topic right in this thread.

Feel free to tell me whether to go learn english or to post some settings..
Sander81
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 13:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
+1 !!!
chris230291
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 19:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
eleqsis wrote:
If I get you guys right, you're asking for something that's already built in. If I didn't get a thing, please excuse my poor english skills Wink

We're talking about 'wake on demand' aka waking up a Mac while on wifi, right? I own a MBP connected to a Linksys Router running DD-WRT v24 SP2 from 2009 and I am able to wake it via wifi from anywhere with SleepOver App on my iPhone, even on 3G.

It worked for SnowLeo and so it does for Lion.
Unfortunately I don't really have a clue about bonjour and any too deep computer-dude background stuff, so I really do wonder if I got the topic right in this thread.

Feel free to tell me whether to go learn english or to post some settings..

You have misunderstood. We DONT want to have to wake the machine with software or whatever. Apples WOD does everything automatically for you. Shared folders or whatever are ALWAYS visible (even when that machine is sleeping) on other machines. then when you actually try to browse or whatever, it wakes up the machine for you.

This is different from WOL...

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3774

Please add this feature. Even if it's a stand alone firmware, separate from DD-WRT.

Chris
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: