WRT54G CPU Hits 100%, reboots.. why?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
paulh430
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 18:37    Post subject: WRT54G CPU Hits 100%, reboots.. why? Reply with quote
Running V23 SP3 (02/01/07) on WRT54G v6. I know it sucks. However, when I first installed DD-WRT and ran bittorrent, it was fine (after modifying max ports). I didn't run bittorrent for a period of time. The past few days, I have been using it again and my CPU on the router keeps hitting 100% and rebooting. It reaches about 700 or so connections around the time it hits 100%. Is there any settings I can modify on the router to lower CPU usage? I know my $50 linksys isnt a $600 router, but I might as well put Linksys firmware back on the way its constantly maxing out and rebooting.
Sponsor
paulh430
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 15:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
*Bump*
sonarman
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 0:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Its all about the memory. You can not have that many connections in the linksys firmware either. Each connection takes a certain amount. For the CPU, if you are maxing your wireless connection at 22-30Mbps, then you will see it max out. So will linksys, you just cant see it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: