WHR-HP-G54 Installation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
phillipk22
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 21:59    Post subject: WHR-HP-G54 Installation Reply with quote
We have installed two of these (for maximum range) and installed DD-WRTv23sp2 on both. The issue we are having is that once connected, getting a DHCP address is spotty (most of the time it works; but sometimes not) and the internet connectivity is awfully slow. Any idea what would cause that? I'm hoping it's a settings issue (since we are new to DD-WRT) and that we won't have to revert to the factory firmware for these units.

Any insight that can be given would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Here are some settings from the primary unit:

Router Model: Buffalo WHR-HP-G54
LAN MAC 00:16:01:7F:49:14
WAN MAC 00:16:01:7F:49:15
Wireless MAC 00:16:01:7F:49:16
WAN IP:10.50.50.219
LAN IP:192.168.1.1
Wireless Radio
Radio is On
Mode: AP
Network: Mixed
SSID:NYI
Channel:1
Xmit:50
mW Rate: 54 Mbps

DHCP Server: Enabled
WRT-radauth: Disabled
WRT-rflow: Disabled
MAC-upd: Disabled
Samba Mount:Disabled
Sputnik Agent:Disabled
Sponsor
im_electronic
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
set the txmit pwr to 10 mw

how are these units being used?
phillipk22
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
we'll try that...

They are being used as a primary and an access point; so basically the second unit repeats the signal of the first unit so that they can cover more ground. I believe we have set this up properly...but i'm not necessarily confident at this point since we have had such an issue with the connectivity....
im_electronic
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
phillipk22 wrote:
...They are being used as a primary and an access point; so basically the second unit repeats the signal of the first unit so that they can cover more ground. ....

WDS or v24 repeater? did you follow a guide?
Kingdomcome
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
Not sure if Im reading correctly, but if you have the transfer rate set to 54mbps that would be my first suspect. maintaining 54mbps requires a lot of signal strength which is not likely over a long distance. Yes the HP is considered the best for long distance speedy links, but there are limits. Try leaving the transfer rate set to auto and see what happens. As with any debugging, start from Factory Defaults and apply settings one at a time until you run into a problem. If you are running security, it has been noted that allowing the link to be established without security and then enabling the security will solve some problems with initial connection. The repeater function is still under development and does have a few bugs left in it, but with help from us, I believe it will soon be working flawlessly. Good Times

Navigation

Jump to: