Asterisk Installation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
astrakid
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
hi,
i am using 1.8 as well, but since there is no native fax-support i try to compile with spandsp since weeks - unsuccessfully... Sad

the GUI is not working for me either. i had comparable problems. sometimes i could see the interface, but when trying to open a menu or to login (don't remember it completely) nothing happened... it was loading forever...

regards,
astrakid
Sponsor
okki
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
Okay, thanks. Then I know my setup is not at fault here. Can someone more experienced than me give their view? I'm guessing there is some dependency missing for the GUI's page generation. How are they generated anyway?

For faxing with T.38 gateway, maybe you can apply a patch for version 1.8:
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/T.38
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+T.38
The second page links to the patch...
astrakid
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
thanks, but the patch is only for gateway-capabilities. i "simply" need the res_fax_spandsp compiled for asterisk1.8 on tomato / dd-wrt / openwrt, to get fax working...

regards,
astrakid
ShakyUser
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can somebody please tell me whether Google Voice is currently working?

If so I might take a stab at this. . .
okki
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
astrakid wrote:
thanks, but the patch is only for gateway-capabilities. i "simply" need the res_fax_spandsp compiled for asterisk1.8 on tomato / dd-wrt / openwrt, to get fax working...

regards,
astrakid
Ah, so that's the audio to image module...
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/spandsp
So faxing doesn't even work on DD-WRT's Asterisk currently! Okay, now we need a compilation expert too. (And one for the Asterisk-GUI as well!!!!)
yutoon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 16:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
ShakyUser wrote:
Can somebody please tell me whether Google Voice is currently working?

If so I might take a stab at this. . .

GV is working, but with Giggle now varying the protocol randomly, service is not reliable. Why Digium didn't incorporate the patch (which is quite small) into that last release is...unknown.

A temporary work-around (until the patch gets built in) is to use the GV client in a browser. Regular phone then works for dialled incoming call.

An immediate fix is to compile your own (see recent thread).

Trying now to find a good instruction set for building Asterisk in Ubuntu on AMD/64 machine. Anyone with a good link?

EDIT:
Good news!
v1.8.7.1-1 is now available. Just installed and tested. My results:
    Outgoing calls have returned to working 100%. Very Happy
    Incoming are same as before, not connecting about 80% of the time.Sad

Apparently there's a ('nother) patch that wasn't included in this release...

Last edited by yutoon on Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:33; edited 2 times in total
cedriclille
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:38    Post subject: Asterisk Web UI after K26 Reply with quote
Asterisk and the Web UI worked fine till I update to :

DD-WRT v24-sp2 (09/09/11) big - build 17598M NEWD-2 K2.6 Eko
(I also updated OTWR once router upgraded)

Asterisk still works fine but when I want to access to the UI, I get :

Erreur 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE) : Le serveur a mis fin à la connexion sans envoyer de données.

Any idea ???

Many tanks
okki
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 22:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
You mean you got the web UI working in the past (not the FIVN one)?

About the compiled module res_fax_spandsp that is missing for faxing, here http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/nslu2-asterisk/messages/1192?threaded=1&m=e&var=1&tidx=1 some people are working on it, I believe.

What is also needed is the ability to detect faxes once a call has been answered. Is Asterisk on Optware able to do that? For example, for a SIP channel this is done with faxdetect = yes, which detects a fax by the fax tone, or when it sees a T.38 codec. Anyone knows if this should work already?
cedriclille
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
@okki : No, I got FIVN UIworking before K26 update.
(I think it was the only UI working with Optware ... Am I right) ???

But I cannot access anymore FIVN web UI since the K26 update Evil or Very Mad ...

Any solutions are welcome Very Happy
okki
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
cedriclille wrote:
(I think it was the only UI working with Optware ... Am I right) ???
Read back a couple of posts. We are trying to get the official web UI from Digium working, part of the AsteriskNOW project:
http://www.asterisk.org/asterisknow/developers/gui-guide

The old FIVN one is not included in Optware anymore, I believe. The asterisk-gui - 2.0.4-1 package in Optware is the official Digium one:
http://downloads.asterisk.org/pub/telephony/asterisk-gui/releases/
Chances are you installed that one after an Optware reinstall. I hope we can get it to work too; the official UI is actually useful, in comparison with the FIVN one.

Then about `that other broken part': can someone give us a reminder if someone compiled the fax module. Smile
ShakyUser
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 14:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
yutoon wrote:
GV is working, but with Giggle now varying the protocol randomly, service is not reliable. Why Digium didn't incorporate the patch (which is quite small) into that last release is...unknown.

A temporary work-around (until the patch gets built in) is to use the GV client in a browser. Regular phone then works for dialled incoming call.

An immediate fix is to compile your own (see recent thread).

Trying now to find a good instruction set for building Asterisk in Ubuntu on AMD/64 machine. Anyone with a good link?

EDIT:
Good news!
v1.8.7.1-1 is now available. Just installed and tested. My results:
    Outgoing calls have returned to working 100%. Very Happy
    Incoming are same as before, not connecting about 80% of the time.Sad

Apparently there's a ('nother) patch that wasn't included in this release...

Thanks Yutoon, I hadn’t seen your reply first time around.

Another question; I live in the UK and as such can not use Google Voice directly. My idea was to host asterisk on a friend’s router in the US then configure a remote handset locally (to me).

Does anybody have a good cookbook style guide on this they can point me to?
yutoon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 20:49    Post subject: DISA? Reply with quote
Have only read about this, but I think you want DISA, one example here. Doesn't seem very hard to setup, especially with direct access to the router (to alter config files). If successful, please post what worked.

BTW, the touted workaround for incoming GV calls (until the next release) is to send through SIPGate, to which the second line of the ATA can be registered. Then having outgoing and incoming calls on separate lines is the only annoyance -- everything works reliably. And it's all still free. Smile
camal
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 0:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
cedriclille wrote:
@jjgarciasp : Did you just remove asterisk14 and install asterisk16 . When doing this I always have "segmentation fault"...

Did anyone succeed in installing and using a WebGUI ???

Many thanks

--------------------
This is how I solved the problem:
I use WinSCP and I edit /opt/etc/asterisk/asterisk.sh and replace the first line with #!/bin/bash
dumdedumda
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:37    Post subject: Locating Asterisk IP Address in RT-N16 Reply with quote
I've installed Asterisk on my RT-N16 via DD-WRT and configured its files respectively. Question is: I'm attempting to connect my IP Phone to my Asterisk box, how should I go ahead and locate the IP address of Asterisk? Thanks.
dumdedumda
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:42    Post subject: Tried using IFConfig to locate Asterisk IP Reply with quote
After some searching, I tried using IFCONFIG to locate the IP Address of Asterisk. Data displays on eth0, however, it does not display any sort of inet addr. Is there a configuration process that I did not perform? Any advice would be appreciated.

eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr BC:AE:C5:XX:XX:XX
UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
RX packets:44487581 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:43608174 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
RX bytes:4024095740 (3.7 GiB) TX bytes:3370258533 (3.1 GiB)
Interrupt:4 Base address:0x2000
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 26 of 29
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: