No internet connection after installing DD-WRT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Alex Finlay
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:40    Post subject: No internet connection after installing DD-WRT Reply with quote
Basically, i bought a netgear WNDR3400 about 3 weeks ago, but couldn't find a WRT for it, found one yesterday installed, followed every step 30-30-30 etc etc.

But now the netgear doesn't give me any internetz lol.

i know its not my modem because im currently talking to you from it.
I have no clue what could be wrong, guessing at IP's but i don't know any help would be appreciated.
its acting like its not getting any connection though

*if i click on internet access and trouble shoot it just says no cables are attached*

when literally 5 minutes before i swopped to it the same setup of 1 router to it worked. Just with the netgear firmware

Any help is appreciated!
Sponsor
danieljay
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 13:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
Did you do a hard reset after the flash to dd-wrt?
Can you access the dd-wrt web interface on the router?
Does your router show any WAN IP on the Status > WAN page? If not try power cycling your modem and the router, modem first.
If it does show you have a WAN IP, when you go to Administration > Commands can you ping any websites on the internet like google?
Alex Finlay
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 22:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
danieljay wrote:
Does your router show any WAN IP on the Status > WAN page? If not try power cycling your modem and the router, modem first.
If it does show you have a WAN IP, when you go to Administration > Commands can you ping any websites on the internet like google?

I did a hard reset, before, After and while to see if i did it again it would fix the issue.

30-30-30
yes i can access DD-WRT web interface.
i have tried power cycling the modem.

Yes it does show a Wan IP 192.168.1.4
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
Please read the peacock announcement. Look in particular for information you need to provide to get meaningful assistance, but be sure to carefully read all of the REQUIRED READING sections.
LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
Fractal
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
Alex Finlay wrote:
danieljay wrote:

I did a hard reset, before, After and while to see if i did it again it would fix the issue.

30-30-30
yes i can access DD-WRT web interface.
i have tried power cycling the modem.

Yes it does show a Wan IP 192.168.1.4

this is a simple easy fix

dd-wrt defaults LAN IP to 192.168.1.1 and gives out 192.168.1.100-XXX the problem is you have the same net as your upstream...

so the fix is change your LAN settings, LAN IP on the main page.... to 192.168.5.1 save/apply settings... then reboot the router then reboot your pc... all fixed.

-Fractal
Alex Finlay
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Cheers Fractal. reverted back to the custom firmware for now when i get some free time thursday i'll swop back.
College and work so no time, *hense the long response time yesterday lol*
niranpsk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 13:16    Post subject: wow dd-wrt Reply with quote
Fractal,

Thanks for saving my time. I almost revert back to original fw. Lucky seen your reply.

changed IP range. works great...

Niran Very Happy
SlickJ83
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:32    Post subject: Some Devices won't connect after flash Reply with quote
I just flashed my tp-link Archer C9 with a DD-WRT. Got everything setup and most of my devices online. But for some reason my Samsung S9 cant get any network connection. I can connect to the router fine and it is assigning me a 192.168.1.111 address. What should I look for as possible reasons for not being able to connect.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: