Linksys E3200 Here - see page 2 for test build!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
betz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 18:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
OK, it seems the port forwarding problem is with my modem.
I ordered a new modem, wil let know here if everything works afterwards.
Sponsor
mikefairbanks
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 22:14    Post subject: Re: Linksys E3200 Reply with quote
mikefairbanks wrote:
Have you tried using an * in the source net field?

Also, I've installed the load on page two of this thread, but would really like to have SNMP. could I use one of the other 60K loads like..

dd-wrt.v24-17201_NEWD-2_K2.6_big-nv60k.bin or
dd-wrt.v24-17201_NEWD-2_K2.6_mega-nv60k.bin

I don't really care whether the 5 GHz radio works or not, I don't need it.

Well I just went ahead and tried loading the mega file from above... and while the router booted just fine, and I was able to navigate the software just fine... only the LAN and WiFi worked... right. I showed that I connected to the WAN, and got an IP address fine... but I could not access the Internet at all from either the LAN or WiFi.

For now, I've loaded the Linksys software back on there and am using it like that.
Pharaoh
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 21:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
On another note linksys updated the stock firmware with bug fixes/stability fixes and support for 3tb drive and ipv6.
mattplaybass
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 15:13    Post subject: USB Services Reply with quote
Does the firmware for the E3200 support the USB services for cell modems? If I wanted to hook a Verizon USB 3G/4G data stick or even a Mi-Fi directly in via USB, will it work on the 3200?

I'm testing my setup with a Linksys WRT160N v1.0 as a repeater, but since the 160N doesn't have a USB port, the option for "Cell for WAN" is not available under the services. Before I flashed the 3200, I was curious.

I found the info to set it up on this thread: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=521453

Thanks.
Gadget85
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 15:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
With the larger Flash size is there any way to get a Std version to work on the E3200?
radicaltangent
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 0:22    Post subject: no openVPN support on Linksys E3200!!!! Reply with quote
I just bought the Linksys E3200 router after making really sure that DD-WRT supports it and has openVPN capability. Surprise surprise, I found the PPTP configuration options in the firmware but NOT openVPN!!! Mad

This is so uncool. Not only were explicit instructions for installing DD-WRT on the E3200 not posted on this site (I ended up interpreting and applying the relevant parts of the instructions for the older E3000), but there wasn't a link to some release notes on the supported devices page (http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Devices) which could have at least mentioned a specific list of DD-WRT features that aren't implemented! The ONLY reason I purchased this router was to get openVPN using DD-WRT! My current router (a Netgear FVS318v3) isn't supported by DD-WRT.

So now I'm stuck with a $150 solution that can only do PPTP (which doesn't handle UDP packets). I really wanted to route all of my internet traffic through a VPN tunnel which is established between the router and the service provider without depending on any configuration/software on the local client PCs. Someone please tell me this is being worked on!
Engel
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 16:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Currently I am thinking about buying the E3200. Reading radicaltangent's comment made me a bit unsure. Because a router without a properly working DD-WRT is a no-go for me. Meaning I won't buy this type of router.

So my question is. Will my E3200 work properly when using DD-WRT?

After reading some posts it seems I should use "dd-wrt.v24-17201_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini-e3200.bin" for my initial flash (source http://dd-wrt.com/site/support/other-downloads?path=others%2Feko%2FBrainSlayer-V24-preSP2%2F2011%2F06-14-11-r17201%2Fbroadcom_K26%2F).

After that, is it okay to use general one? Like: ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/V24-K26/ or from http://dd-wrt.com/site/support/other-downloads?path=others%2Feko%2FBrainSlayer-V24-preSP2%2F2011%2F06-14-11-r17201%2Fbroadcom_K26%2F.
radicaltangent
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 17:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi Engel. I am no more experienced than you in regards to using DD-WRT, but from the various guides (which are all over the place!) it *appears* as though you should not install ANY currently available version of DD-WRT after installing the "trailed build" (dd-wrt.v24-17201_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini-e3200.bin). Even attempting to install the trailed build on top of itself could brick the router! I can confirm that you can switch back to the Cisco/Linksys stock firmware without a problem. I even installed DD-WRT yet again after that successfully.
Pharaoh
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 17:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok alittle clearing up here.

You can use the test build in this thread without any worry .
You can flash fractal builds after the test build, just be sure they are the nas-nv60k ones.

Don't use any of the builds in the firmware section since they haven't been updated since june.

Two warnings....There is always a risk of bricking your router with these builds since they are still being worked on . So i would wait for feedback on each build before you flash if you dont know how to recover from a brick.

Sec warning...There is no 5ghz yet and may never be since they are waiting for info on the 5ghz driver for this model...its wait and see if they get it.
Engel
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 20:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
@radicaltangent, yeah sometimes it's hard to find out what is the best approach. The outdated db doesn't help much. I have been using DD-WRT on several routers for some times now. Bricked some (just now a DIR-615 Razz) and some are working great for a long time. But as i learn more everything makes more sense. I guess gathering as much data from the forums is the best way to go at this time. And any help from others is always awesome.

@Pharaoh, thanks for the clarification. So to confirm (and for future use):

Getting DD-WRT on your Linksys E3200
- Flash you router with the tailored test build "dd-wrt.v24-17201_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini-e3200.bin" (Most recent one: http://dd-wrt.com/site/support/other-downloads?path=others%2Feko%2FBrainSlayer-V24-preSP2%2F2011%2F06-14-11-r17201%2Fbroadcom_K26%2F older one from this thread: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=609343#609343)
- Updating with any other fractal builds is okay. As long as they are nas-nv60k. like: "dd-wrt.v24-17598_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini-nv60k.bin".

Note:
- No 5ghz support yet
- More real world test results are welcome. So be carful when installing DD-WRT on this device.

@Pharaoh, I still have some doubts. I tried to find the answers but the more I read the more choices present themselves. I am looking for a powerful Linksys/Netgear/D-Link device to handle a lot of peripherals. I have in mind to create a separate VLAN with separate internet. What do you think would be an okay choice. The Linksys E3200 seems fine. Or is there a better choice?

Edit: Updated the build info/link to a newer build.

Edit 2: Ignore my question about what router is better. There are other threads where this question belongs.

Last edited by Engel on Sat Dec 03, 2011 18:49; edited 2 times in total
radicaltangent
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 21:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
@Engel

The link you provided is to an older release of DD-WRT which lists "dd-wrt.v24-17084_NEWD-2_K2.6_openvpn-nv60k.bin". I followed this link:
http://dd-wrt.com/site/support/other-downloads?path=others%2Feko%2FBrainSlayer-V24-preSP2%2F2011%2F06-14-11-r17201%2Fbroadcom_K26%2F
On that page I downloaded and successfully flashed "dd-wrt.v24-17201_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini-e3200.bin". On that same page there is a file called "dd-wrt.v24-17201_NEWD-2_K2.6_openvpn-nv60k.bin". It seems to me that this would be a safer flash choice. If I need openVPN support would it be a good idea to flash this?
Engel
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 22:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the heads up. I edited my post and updated the info.

About your question, I think it's okay to update your firmware after the initial flash with "dd-wrt.v24-17201_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini-e3200.bin". You may even use a newer build like "dd-wrt.v24-17598_NEWD-2_K2.6_big-nv60k.bin" or "dd-wrt.v24-17201_NEWD-2_K2.6_openvpn-nv60k.bin" because of the OpenVPN. If you already flashed your E3200 with an initial build you're okay to update.

Note: I am not the right guy to ask. I only got little experience and it's just my guts saying it could work. So please be careful and you may want to wait on someone else's view on this matter.

Edit: If you do want to take a leap of faith please let us know how it went! Smile
zgoldberg
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
Engel wrote:

Edit: If you do want to take a leap of faith please let us know how it went! Smile

I tried to build a slightly custom of the mini-e3200.bin using the firmware modification kit. The build_firmware.sh generated files had no effect (the upgrade seemed to just not go through and nothing would change). I generated a .bin using build-ng.sh, tried uploading that through the web-gui in dd-wrt and ended up bricking the router.

Been attempting to tftp various things for the past 20 minutes... not looking good for my poor e3200 :/

EDIT: All i did in my custom firmware was install the wifidog IPK using the provided ipk_install.sh script.
munir
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Does this firmware allow dual band as the original? I can only see wl0, no sign of wl1.

Running DD-WRT v24-sp2 (06/14/11) mini
r_heliman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi,

Tested the latest build given in this thread. And it works great. I am new with this dd-wrt software but like it a lot.

I am using 2 e3200 routers where one is placed directly after the modem, and the other 10 meters away as a WLAN BRIDGE and connected to my server and mediabox.

- But i found some issues:
1) in a night the connection to my server was closed and only a hard reset (power on off) at the router solved it. No other configuration was changed. It only happend now one time!
2) can not find how the test port trunking. My server supports port trunking. But need te read more info about it because there are to many options for port trunking.

Thanks a lot guys, this is really great work. Looking forward to see the "final" build!

Roel
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 30, 31, 32  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 4 of 32
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: