Any plans for DD-WRT on La Fonera? Source code is out!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 36, 37, 38  Next
Woeka
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Finaly took the time to setup dd-wrt on my LaFonera.
Also edited the wiki a bit for newbies like me who think that tftp = ftp.

I could not get a command prompt with putty, tried all other options of connecting besides telnet. Normal windows telnet had no problems.

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
lelem wrote:
Hello guys, great work with Fonera! :P

I have flashed my Fonera with these bin, but I think I made something wrong Rolling Eyes
But after reboot I'm not able to connect to Fonera.
The serial output show:

Code:

+PHY ID is XXXX:YYYY
Ethernet eth0: MAC address xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
IP: 0.0.0.0/255.255.255.255, Gateway: 0.0.0.0
Default server: 0.0.0.0

RedBoot(tm) bootstrap and debug environment [ROMRAM]
Non-certified release, version v1.3.0 - built 16:57:58, Aug  7 2006

Copyright (C) 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 Red Hat, Inc.

Board: ap51
RAM: 0x80000000-0x81000000, [0x80040450-0x80fe1000] available
FLASH: 0xa8000000 - 0xa87f0000, 128 blocks of 0x00010000 bytes each.
== Executing boot script in 1.000 seconds - enter ^C to abort
RedBoot> fis load -l vmlinux.bin.l7
lzma_decode failed. res=1
RedBoot> exec
Now booting linux kernel:
 Base address 0x80030000 Entry 0x80041000
 Cmdline :

I think the problem is "lzma_decode failed."

Do I flashed the Fonera in the right way? Or may I have swapped out kernel and fs Question
Is there a way to debrick my Fonera with serial?
If I hit ctrl-c I can stop boot script, but I don't know how to flash from redboot.

***EDIT***[/code]

Thank you i advance.
Regards
lelem[/code]

I have the same issue; I get this on my serial console.
Code:

+PHY ID is XXXX:YYYY
Ethernet eth0: MAC address xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx                                         
IP: 0.0.0.0/255.255.255.255, Gateway: 0.0.0.0                                             
Default server: 0.0.0.0                       

RedBoot(tm) bootstrap and debug environment [ROMRAM]                                                   
Non-certified release, version v1.3.0 - built 16:57:58, Aug  7 2006                                                                   

Copyright (C) 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 Red Hat, Inc.                                                       

Board: ap51           
RAM: 0x80000000-0x81000000, [0x80040450-0x80fe1000] available                                                             
FLASH: 0xa8000000 - 0xa87f0000, 128 blocks of 0x00010000 bytes each.                                                                   
== Executing boot script in 1.000 seconds - enter ^C to abort                                                             
RedBoot> fis load -l vmlinux.bin.l7                                   
stream version is not supported.                               
lzma_decode failed. res=1                         
RedBoot> exec             
Now booting linux kernel:                       
 Base address 0x80030000 Entry 0x80041000                                         
 Cmdline :         

One difference is I am unable to press Ctrl-C to get to the RedBoot prompt. I'm not sure if it might be my cable though. I will keep working at it.

I also saw this interesting post with the same error and issue, though I am unclear as to the explanation.
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=49860#49860
Ubu
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 13:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
"One difference is I am unable to press Ctrl-C to get to the RedBoot prompt. I'm not sure if it might be my cable though. I will keep working at it. "

Use Putty as your telnet client. It works when others don’t for some reason.
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 16:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
the errors shows that the binary which was flashed is no lzma image or was not completelly flashed

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 19:55    Post subject: Fonera Cannot Be Accessed if Connected to Buffalo WHR-HP-G54 Reply with quote
Fonera cannot be accessed if connecting to Buffalo WHR-HP-G54 using original firmware. It's somehow cannot get an IP address. Fonera works fine when connecting WRT-54GL using DD-WRT firmware. Could anyone confirm this?
alcuin
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 22:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ubu, I did try that as well, but am unable to get a response from the Fonera using Putty either. I'm not sure if it's a timing thing, where I'm not pressing ctrl-c at the right moment; or if the router's timeout which seems to be set at 1 second is going too fast, or most likely if the config files are just too screwed up and the router is just bricked, period.
Woeka
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 23:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
alcuin wrote:
Ubu, I did try that as well, but am unable to get a response from the Fonera using Putty either. I'm not sure if it's a timing thing, where I'm not pressing ctrl-c at the right moment; or if the router's timeout which seems to be set at 1 second is going too fast, or most likely if the config files are just too screwed up and the router is just bricked, period.

I had the same problem until I changed some settings in putty.
Make sure you select under Terminal>Keyboard>Function keys and keypad> Linux
(mine was ESC|n~)

If that's not working get angry ip scanner and check if your fon is using the 192.168.1.254 ip, you can also check if port 9000 is open. As soon as you are able to ping it you can telnet to it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 15:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi Woeka,
I had some hopes for your suggestion, but I just attempted those steps, but with no progress. I've also tried using some DOS terminal software, and rebooted to DOS mode from a floppy, but those don't interrupt the boot sequence either. I tried connecting the RX and TX from my serial, to confirm I can submit and transmit data, and indeed it is working; I can see a local echo of whatever I type. So it seems to me the fonera is currently in a locked mode that ignores user input.

I forgot to note that I'm using a serial cable; I am unable to connect to the router via ethernet on any ip address.

It looks like those of us with bricked routers will have to resort to waiting for JTAG software.
alcuin
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 0:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just got another fonera delivered. This one is a v0.7.1.1/0.7.1.2. Sticker on the bottom says 0.7.1.1. I immediately hooked it up to the serial console, and it gave me all the proper redboot mesgs, but when it asks to press ctrl-c to get to the redboot, I am unable to do so on this fresh new router. So perhaps there is something wrong with my setup; maybe my machine's serial port is wonky or the speed settings are incompatible, or my max202 ttl converter isnt working properly, or my terminal software(putty) isn't setup right.

So perhaps my first bricked isn't in such bad shape, if I can find a way to ctrl-c in redboot and xmodem a fresh image.
Woeka
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
alcuin wrote:
I just got another fonera delivered. This one is a v0.7.1.1/0.7.1.2. Sticker on the bottom says 0.7.1.1. I immediately hooked it up to the serial console, and it gave me all the proper redboot mesgs, but when it asks to press ctrl-c to get to the redboot, I am unable to do so on this fresh new router. So perhaps there is something wrong with my setup; maybe my machine's serial port is wonky or the speed settings are incompatible, or my max202 ttl converter isnt working properly, or my terminal software(putty) isn't setup right.

So perhaps my first bricked isn't in such bad shape, if I can find a way to ctrl-c in redboot and xmodem a fresh image.

You can try frist to get ssh access (but that will not work for 0.7.1.2 firmware) and then use a lan connection to flash it to a new firmware. A hack for ssh access on the 0.7.1.2 firmware is going to be released soon.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 14:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Unless they just changed (I got my Fon about 10 days ago) you can reset the R2 firmware to R1 by holding in the reset button for 15 seconds.
You can’t be connected to the Internet when doing this or it will just update itself to R2 again.
alcuin
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 19:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
I forgot to mention I did Ubu's suggestions before I hooked it up to the serial console; I had read about the 0.7.1.2 reset hack; and used the reset button before I turned it on for the first time. So when I hooked it up via ethernet and serial, it was at v0.7.1.1. I successfully enabled SSH and saved the setting to do so. Despite this, I still have issues accessing redboot via ethernet, or stopping at the redboot prompt via serial.
mr.mace
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 19:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
use the programm putty. it works for me fine to get into redboot
Dravor
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 23:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
My attempt worked great.

Just wanted to note something curious. The first time in flashing after the Fis Create for vmlinux.bin.l7 about a minute into it I lost my connection and the Fonera rebooted.

So I opened putty, connected via telnet on 9000, saw the RedBoot prompt, but then it booted.

I was so happy to see the DD-wrt screen. I set everything up, saved it, brought it home.

Plug it in, and all my settings were erased. Tried everything including reflashing, updating, nothing would get it to save the settings.

I ended up resetting the fonera, and start from scratch from connecting to RedBoot, tftp'ing the files over, set create, etc, and it fixed the issue.

Weirdest damn thing I ever saw as it would boot up fine before, just not keep any saved settings. So finally it's fixed and working :)

Great job on the turorial and the firmware, can't wait for client bridge to work :)

-D
harminoff
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:03    Post subject: ... Reply with quote
Ok so I get my fonera all set up. Just a small problem. It seems that the only way to get into the dd-wrt menu is wirelessly. Is that correct?

If so then this is a problem. I can access it just fine, but if I try to update anything (port forwarding..)pretty much anything that calls update, I just get a blank page and the action never really happens.

Is there a way to get this working so that I can open some ports?

edit:I guess it just hates mozilla.

Another question though. If I connect it directly to my modem it works great, but I can't seem to get it to connect to the internet through my linksys router. Do I have to set anything up besides just plugging it in?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 36, 37, 38  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 37 of 38
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: