e2000 firmware upgrade problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
jared872
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 23:02    Post subject: e2000 firmware upgrade problem Reply with quote
Hello everyone, I am trying to upgrade the firmware on my e2000 to dd-wrt to no avail.

Everytime I try to flash the router it says "The values you entered are invalid, please try again"

I always do the 30/30/30 reset before every attempt.

Any suggestions?

Edit: I have tried wired and wirelessly, I also tried the cisco firmware but it gives me the same error.
Sponsor
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 23:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
Welcome...

How you beez trying to upgrade & what exact dd-wrt bin are you using..

You do have your AV & firewall software disabled correct?

Some browsers have a problem.. I use IE

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 23:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
I was trying to use the dd-wrt.v24-16785_NEWD-2_K2.6_std_usb_nas-e2000.bin

I did have AV and firewall disabled, even went so far to uninstall my AV which did not work.

I switched to my laptop and everything worked fine, so now my router works great as always with dd-wrt but I still want to know why my desktop wouldn't update the firmware, this is what I want to use to further upgrade the router but I'm not sure if I will be able to.
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
The steps for how to upgrade properly are in note 1 of the peacock announcement. Wireless upgrades are a "no no".
LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
jared872
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 18:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
Murrkf wrote:
The steps for how to upgrade properly are in note 1 of the peacock announcement. Wireless upgrades are a "no no".

Yes I know your not supposed to, that has nothing to do with the problem I am having, not my first dd wrt flash.
NetTech
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sounds like there's a difference somewhere in the setup of the two. Operating systems??
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: