Problems Creating Repeater Bridge With DIR-615 To DIR-655

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
karlywarly
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 14:09    Post subject: Problems Creating Repeater Bridge With DIR-615 To DIR-655 Reply with quote
Hi Everyone,

I am trying to create a wireless repeater bridge to extend my wireless signal on the second floor of my house due to the wireless signal being weak there.

My main router is a Dlink DIR-655 that is connected to the internet and i am trying to transform my DIR-615 (H/W Version: D4)into a wireless repeater bridge.

The Dlink DIR-615 is currently running dd-wrt firmware V24-sp2 build 15778 and i have used the following tutorial: http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Repeater_Bridge .

I cannot for the life of me to get this router working as a repeater bridge. The Dlink DIR-615 will simply not connect to the internet.

I am using static IP addresses, WPA2 AES security with my main router IP address as 192.168.1.1 and my client router IP address as 192.168.1.2.

Does anyone know if there is any problems with my current version of dd-wrt or have a solution to this?

I can provide more information if it helps

Help would be greatful as i am beginning to pull my hair out with this as its driving me crazy.

Thanks.
Sponsor
ranko
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 16:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
show Routing Table
CTXSi
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 17:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Make sure you set the same wireless channel on both routers. I found with build 17xxx on my Asus that setting them to "auto" did not work, I had to pick a specific channel.
karlywarly
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 13:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
ranko wrote:
show Routing Table

Routing Table:

The thing i dont understand is why the gateway is 0.0.0.0 and destination lan net is 192.168.1.0 when im pressuming they both should be 192.168.1.1 ?

In the network setup, i have the gateway as 192.168.1.1 and local dns as 192.168.1.1 as this is my primary router that accesses the internet.

Any ideas?
karlywarly
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 13:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
CTXSi wrote:
Make sure you set the same wireless channel on both routers. I found with build 17xxx on my Asus that setting them to "auto" did not work, I had to pick a specific channel.

Have both routers on channel 2 Smile
ranko
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 13:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
missing line
lan 0.0.0.0 mask 0.0.0.0 getaway 192.168.1.1 interface LAN & WAN

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Repeater_Bridge

carefully read Troubleshooting ->> Edited by Ralf
karlywarly
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 18:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
ranko wrote:
missing line
lan 0.0.0.0 mask 0.0.0.0 getaway 192.168.1.1 interface LAN & WAN

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Repeater_Bridge

carefully read Troubleshooting ->> Edited by Ralf

Tried this and it still doesn't work.

Ive also tried without any WIFI security on both routers to no avail.

It seems that once ive done everything to make my DIR-615 into a repeater bridge my router that is connected to the internet (DIR-655) seems to stop responding like the internet stops working or cannot connect to the routers settings etc.

The DIR-655 has stock firmware to V1.35NA.

Does anyone have any ideas on whats going on?

Could there be an issue with the current build of DD-WRT im using?
karlywarly
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 18:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ive upgraded the firmware on my DIR-615 to DD-WRT build 16214 which will be my repeater bridge and also downgraded my DIR-655 which is connected to my internet to official firmware of 1.21EU (as reported on other forums this could be an issue).

Clients can connect to my repeater bridge and copnfig page etc but they still cannot access the internet through this and also i still cannot connect to my DIR-655 config page so there is still some issue with both routers communicating together.

Routing Table update can be found below:

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/5783/routingtable.jpg

I have also tried this with and without wireless security enabled on both routers with no luck.

Im beggining to pull my hair out with this now.

Does anyone have any idea on what ive maybe done wrong?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: