{NOW SUPPORTED} - Hardware Request (NETGEAR WNR2000 v2)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
dmitrykokotov
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:27    Post subject: Flashed 17201 Reply with quote
I flashed 17201 firmaware dd-wrt.v24-17201_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini-nv60k.bin everything works fine. Don't see difference from 17084. Some strange fact I flashed this dd-wrt.v24-17201_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini-nv60k.bin - 17201 version, but in router status I see old 17084 version also build date didn't changed.
Sponsor
Placemaster
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 16:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
As a lot of people I do have a Netgear WNR2000v2. Had flashed it a year ago but I noticed something went wrong. So I upgraded it to DD-WRT v24-sp2 (05/17/11) vpn-small - build 17084M NEWD-2 K2.6 Eko.
Is this the latest version for vpn-small?
It is working well except the NAT when trying to reach via WAN my local net.
I have found some "solutions". These don't work for me.
Any ideas?
fanyangto
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 22:49    Post subject: WNR2000v2 build with vpn + SSH Reply with quote
Hi, Gurus

I have successfully flashed WNR2000v2 with a Kernal 2.6 build (dd-wrt.v24-15508_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini-WNR2000v2.chk). And I am happily using SSH tunneling through this router.

Now I am looking for a build that contains VPN and SSH. I will use SSH for tunneling and VPN when possible. I think the two are an awesome combination.

However, the following wiki indicates that for K2.6 builds, OpenVPN build is too big for 4MB flash. OpenVPN small would fit but contains only VPN, but no SSH.

It seems that Kernel 2.4 (V24_pre_sp2 K24 build) is much smaller: "Openvpn JFFS small" contains both vpn and SSH, and would fit onto 4MB flash. But I am not sure if any K2.4 build actually supports WNR2000v2.

Hence my questions:

1. Is there K2.4 build that supports WNR2000v2, assuming it's already flashed?

2. If no, which build from K2.6 could support both SSH and OpenVPN on a 4MB flash?

BTW, on a build without SSH, the menu item for SSH will still be there, it just has no effect.

Much thanks.

P.S. K2.4 vs K2.6 builds comparison:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/What_is_DD-WRT%3F#Which_V24_build_do_I_flash_onto_my_Broadcom_router
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
to answer your questions

1. No
2. None

you have not bought a router which hardware specs matches what you expect to use it for.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 21:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi, i flashed my router some months ago with firmware dd-wrt.v24-14536_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini-WNR2000v2.chk
Now i want to upgrade it to the new one dd-wrt.v24-17084_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini-WNR2000v2.chk but i can't. When the upgrade proces starts, after 5 seconds i'm always receiving error message "upgrade failed".
What i'm doing wrong? I tried factory reset before flash without succes..
jackdemsey
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 13:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
mspeedo, the chk files are for the initial flashing from the netgear fw.

Then after you must use the "generic" fw. In your case it would be dd-wrt.v24-17084_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini.bin
donsadlerjr
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:21    Post subject: Question Reply with quote
So question for the people running this on a 2000 v2 does ddwrt allow this router to do IPv6 stuff?
KarmicSquirrel
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 23:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm completely lost - Is there a page that will explain step-by-step on how to get DD-WRT running on the WNR2000?

The Router Database only shows 1 file to download, a .chk file. But a post about 2 or 3 above mine says a .bin file must be flashed aswell..
Where do I get that file?
Ardex
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just to let you know that I was able to successfully flash EKOs dd-wrt.v24-17598_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini.bin to the WNR2000v2.

It's working perfectly well with no issues. Will let you know if any crop up.
Ardex
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
KarmicSquirrel wrote:
I'm completely lost - Is there a page that will explain step-by-step on how to get DD-WRT running on the WNR2000?

The Router Database only shows 1 file to download, a .chk file. But a post about 2 or 3 above mine says a .bin file must be flashed aswell..
Where do I get that file?

You need to flash the file listed on the router database page before you can flash anything else to the WNR2000. Download the CHK file from there and flash it before moving on.
rlindsley
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 23:47    Post subject: OpenVPN install Reply with quote
Hi there,

I have a Netgear WNR2000 v2 router. I just flashed the dd-wrt.v24-16785_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini-WNR2000v2.chk file onto it and it works great.

However I want to get OpenVPN functionality onto the router. I downloaded the file dd-wrt.v24-14536_NEWD-2_K2.6_openvpn. I think this is the correct version based on the supported devices page at http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Devices#Netgear.

However, when I start to flash I get the error "Upgrade Failed." I also tried the smaller version dd-wrt.v24-14536_NEWD-2_K2.6_openvpn_small, but that also failed with the same error message.

Is there a different version I should be using, or am I making a n00b mistake (this is my first time doing this). I have done a ton of research and searching the forums to get to this point -- thanks for having so much information, but now I need a little help to get it 'over the finish line.'

Thanks!
Robert.
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 0:32    Post subject: Re: OpenVPN install Reply with quote
rlindsley wrote:

Is there a different version I should be using, or am I making a n00b mistake (this is my first time doing this). I have done a ton of research and searching the forums to get to this point -- thanks for having so much information, but now I need a little help to get it 'over the finish line.'

Thanks!
Robert.

You might be running into the netgear file size limit, as explained in the peacock announcement, I believe.

LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
rlindsley
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:23    Post subject: Re: OpenVPN install Reply with quote
Murrkf wrote:
rlindsley wrote:

Thanks!
Robert.

You might be running into the netgear file size limit, as explained in the peacock announcement, I believe.

I thought I had reviewed the peacock thread but apparently I missed that section. You are correct, the "openvpn_small" filesize is 3,887,104 but the max allowed by a 4MB Netgear router is 3,735,552.

Thanks a lot for your help! It looks like there's no way to get openvpn on this router, unless somebody knows a trick Smile

Thanks!
Robert.
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sometimes older builds are smaller, but:

1. It has to be k26.
2. It has be be k26 that is subsequent to the support of that router. I am not sure when support was introduced, but it will probably say in the wiki install, or the supported devices wiki, or at the start of this thread.

But it might be impossible. The post above by LOM suggests it is.

LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
huffcs
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 21:21    Post subject: Client Bridge - need larger build? WOL work over bridge? Reply with quote
I have a Netgear WNR2000 V2 that I'm thinking of making into a client bridge (CB). I haven't found answers to two questions (at least I'm not certain of the answers, yet).

First, as long as the bridge primary router (PR) supports such things, am I correct in thinking that it doesn't matter that the dd-wrt version installed on this CB doesn't support ext2/3, IPv6, NTFS, OpenVPN, and/or CIFS/Samba client (the PR handles these for both sides of the bridge)?

Second, is WOL sent from a system on one side of the bridge going to be able to wake another system on the other side of the bridge?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24, 25, 26  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 16 of 26
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: