Linksys WRT610N V2 v24 preSP2 14896 Droipping WAN packets

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Neotype33
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 23:12    Post subject: Linksys WRT610N V2 v24 preSP2 14896 Droipping WAN packets Reply with quote
I bought a Linksys WRT610N V2 almost a year ago that came with v24 preSP2 (Build14896) "MEGA" and I'm now experiencing some packet loss on the wan port.

Troubleshooting:
I have switched to an old B/G router and that works fine so its an issue with the router port.
I switched the wan port off and set it to be part of the 4 other ports so its a 5 port switch, tested packet loss through the port and no packet loss.

This seems to be the external WAN setting issue in the firmware. I have reset the unit both ways (reset button and in the SW) and still have the issue. I think my next step is to reload the firmware, but since this was pre-loaded I do not have access to the "Mega" version (emailed the seller to see if I can get a copy, but after a year.. not sure I'll get a response..). Anyone have any advise or suggestions?

Thanks everyone!

Last edited by Neotype33 on Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:48; edited 2 times in total
Sponsor
zebrax0r
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Oh dear.

We might be two peas in a pod...

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=658820#658820
Neotype33
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
And.. I'm a idiot. In switching to a 3rd router I started having drop paclets again and took a hard look at my wireing and found the wall jack was my issue when the cable was pulled to one side dropping and and not the other but both cables tested fine. Good times. :-/

Solid now. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: