TP-LINK TL-WR740N v4

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 50, 51, 52  Next
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 21:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
i spoke to BS. in this case we need a donation
&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

Last edited by Sash on Mon Dec 19, 2011 22:23; edited 1 time in total
Sponsor
regnets
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 20:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
What kind of donation?

Brainslayer is german? I could send him the router via amazon, or what i have to do? I buyed 3 of this kind :/.
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
of cause can devices bw sent via amazon (germany).
read:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/community/donations
but how will u be sure they will send a v4?

&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 15:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
By serial no.?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ive just received 2 of these (wr740n v4.2) from amazon.de , price is currently ~17 euros.

Someone would like to share costs and we will send the ddwrt team a sample directly from Amazon.de ? Ship time was very fast, ~3 days. The box UPC code indicates the hardware revision.
mitza97
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 18:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have buyed same version 4, which is not working good (loose connection to ISP provider, DHCP not working after restarting router). Maybe firmware it's the problem ? I have upgraded to latest version found on TP-LINK site. What can i do ?
checho
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 19:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
You have to wait for DD-WRT to get ready for that device. I will arrange it so that a piece is mailed to them for donation in the first days of the new year.
by the way hardwaredonation@dd-wrt is not responding Smile
mitza97
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!
Waiting news about TL-WR740N v4. Shocked
Osvit
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
jimbeans83 wrote:
Ive just received 2 of these (wr740n v4.2) from amazon.de , price is currently ~17 euros.

Someone would like to share costs and we will send the ddwrt team a sample directly from Amazon.de ? Ship time was very fast, ~3 days. The box UPC code indicates the hardware revision.

I've just received my wr740n from amazon.de (ordered on 29th of December). And it was version 2.5. Therefore it is not guaranteed that you will get version 4.
Rocozaur
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 17:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thx for the info @checho.
Having in mind that my Asus will end up in service tomorrow and I don't know when it will come back, I decided to search for the TP-Link TL-WR740/741N.

With your help I choosed the V4 hardware version that has the Atheros AR-9331 chip. I can confirm that it is one hell of a router. On a 50M connection I get 5.6 Megabytes download speed on wireless. Haven't tested it on 100M but I suppose it can go higher with transfer speeds.

Also, it was quite cheap[23 euros]. In stores, it is actually cheaper than the Asus with the Ralink, and it works better.

Until DD-WRT comes out, I recommend buying it. Wink
P.S. If possible go to a store where you can see and check the box up for sale. From where I bought it, there were v4.2 mixed with v2.5.
checho
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 19:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
23 euro for that piece of HW... how could it be so expensive, I am taking it for an end-price of EUR 15, and the dealer is making profit out of it. Dealer price if I take hundreds is about EUR 12,- in my place.
Rocozaur
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 19:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well then, we live in a country where electronics are more expensive than usual[Romania]. I am not denying the right price is almost half of what we have here.

I would have liked to get this router for 15 euros. But this as cheap as it gets here. Online stores offer it for 20 euros. But there is the risk you might not get v4 hardware Smile
checho
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 20:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Rocozaur wrote:
Well then, we live in a country where electronics are more expensive than usual[Romania]. I am not denying the right price is almost half of what we have here.

I would have liked to get this router for 15 euros. But this as cheap as it gets here. Online stores offer it for 20 euros. But there is the risk you might not get v4 hardware Smile

I am from your southern neighbours and here you may find it for 15 EUR (BGN 30). TL-WR1043ND costs about EUR 40 end-user.
jimbeans83
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 15:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
Osvit wrote:

I've just received my wr740n from amazon.de (ordered on 29th of December). And it was version 2.5. Therefore it is not guaranteed that you will get version 4.

Yep, my #3 (first 2 v4.2) èdit: all three via same amazon.de reseller] is also v2.5. Strange! This is not replacing the initiative, but I've had no problems running OpenWRT on the v4.2 hardware. Not used a lot, but only broken feature was lack of LAN port indicator lights.

Last edited by jimbeans83 on Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:25; edited 1 time in total
checho
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am ready to go to post office and mail the device to developers as soon as hardwaredonation@ answers some details about shipping.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 50, 51, 52  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 52
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: