Linksys WRT54G v6, wont hard reset

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
nojo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 17:28    Post subject: Linksys WRT54G v6, wont hard reset Reply with quote
I posted this yesterday but it looks like it was deleted??

I've tried the search function and could not find any help.

I'm tryign to upgrade the stock firmware, When I do the 30/30/30 hard reset (tried several times) I still have to use my password to login to the router and my wifi security settings are still there. Is it safe to assume the Hard Reset did not work? What should I do?

Thanks!
Sponsor
fggs
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 17:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
You can "Reset to Factory Defaults" in the webgui instead. But for me, either you are not doing it right or your reset button is broken.
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 18:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
30-30-30 reset does not work with stock firmware. Just do a factory reset and follow the steps in the wiki.
LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
nojo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 22:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
Murrkf wrote:
30-30-30 reset does not work with stock firmware. Just do a factory reset and follow the steps in the wiki.

Thanks! I am now on dd-wrt! Thanks again!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: