WZR-HP-G300NH Help running a media server

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
evilpaul
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 18:43    Post subject: WZR-HP-G300NH Help running a media server Reply with quote
I'm running the newest firmware from Bufflo's site, build 17798. I have a harddrive connected to the router and shared to the network using Samba. This is all stock, haven't installed anything to the router. Everything works great but my ps3 and xbox don't see it cause it isn't a media server, just shared folders. I have got my PS3 to see my files through sharing the files through Windows Media Player on my PC but it is kind of roundabout.

I tried to searching but everything was based off older firmware. Is this page the best way to go about sharing? http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Ushare_uPnP_media_server

Also not sure if Optware is installed in this version or needs to be using off the previous link. I'm just looking for the best way to do this. I also saw miniDLNA but not sure if that is better.

Thanks in advanced for the help.
Sponsor
Dolm
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 0:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
I bought this same router today and I struggled with the same thing. It turns out the features for media server and all are in the User Friendly firmware version. Mine came with the Professional version installed. I changed to the user friendly version off the CD and all the media server and bittorrent features i was looking for were there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: