Help 54Gv4 will not obtain IP(DHCP)/Connect to Net

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Senton
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 17:34    Post subject: Help 54Gv4 will not obtain IP(DHCP)/Connect to Net Reply with quote
ok so last week in installed tomato onto my WRT54Gv4 from Linksys 4.21.1 firmware. yes like many i forgot(did not know at the time) to clear the NVRAM before and after, yet i did not have any problems i rebooted it a few times and everything was fine. i decided to play around with client wifi mode yesterday after turning it on everything still worked but when i shut client mode off there when my internet connection. the DHCP-automatic config would not renew my ip,dns nothing. my internal network still worked fine but the router was constantly trying to renew my ip. i did some hard and soft resets and NVRAM clear with no luck(static configuration did not work aswell), i went back to 4.21.1 tried the same again with no luck. now its on DD-WRT WRT54g V23 Sp2 after first going to mini-generic of course. on all firmwares the "internet" LED does go on when the Ethernet cable is in, but never will it receive an ip or connect with static config. iam willing to try and short pins 15-16(i believe) if anyone thinks that might work. any help is much appreciated.

btw even though the problem began on tomato firmware they don't seam to have as large or as knowledgeable community.
Sponsor
Senton
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 19:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
so iam not sure why it works now but after enabeling and disabling static and auto config a number of times it finally connected with auto DHCP. iam not going to change anything iam just happy it works.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: