TEW-673GRU GPL Available from Trendnet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
vijayadik
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 19:08    Post subject: Display time Reply with quote
Is there a way to display time on the LCD of TEW-673
Sponsor
l0stnyc
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 19:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
deleted

Last edited by l0stnyc on Fri Jan 13, 2012 21:51; edited 1 time in total
krizzz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 21:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
All, first off thanks for all the hard work and good info. I'm trying to flash my new 673 and I can't get past the first step of uploading the "factory-to-ddwrt_NA.bin" file to the router.

I am running Win7-64bit.

So far I have done the following:

Edited the last byte of the firmware file from 30 to 31 and saved the file.
    Manually set my NIC to 192.168.10.2/24
    Manually set my speed and duplex (tried both 10 and 100 for speed, half and full for duplex)
    Reset the router using the 30/30/30 method
    Browsed to the "Firmware Upgrade System v1.0.0.2" page.
    Selected the "factory-to-ddwrt_NA.bin" file and clicked Send.

When I do this, nothing appears to happen. The browser activity icon spins a bit and that's it. Sometimes, it knock the router offline where I can't get to it at the 10.1 or 1.1 address and requires a reboot.

I've tried uploading using:

IE9
    Firefox 9
    Chrome 16.0

I've also tried the following files:

factory-to-ddwrt_NA.bin (which I modified per the forum instructions)
    factory-to-ddwrt_TWmodlastbit.bin (also downloaded from the forum)
    openwrt-ar71xx-tew-673gru-squashfs-backup-loader.bin (mentioned for another poster to try)

I'm kind of at wits end here. Any ideas?

TIA
Neozen21
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
krizzz wrote:
All, first off thanks for all the hard work and good info. I'm trying to flash my new 673 and I can't get past the first step of uploading the "factory-to-ddwrt_NA.bin" file to the router.

I am running Win7-64bit.

Manually set my speed and duplex (tried both 10 and 100 for speed, half and full for duplex)

When I do this, nothing appears to happen. The browser activity icon spins a bit and that's it. Sometimes, it knock the router offline where I can't get to it at the 10.1 or 1.1 address and requires a reboot.

IE9
    Firefox 9
    Chrome 16.0

openwrt-ar71xx-tew-673gru-squashfs-backup-loader.bin (mentioned for another poster to try)

TIA

I just flashed my TEW-673 with the latest DD-WRT, using Win7 32-bit (doesn't matter if 32 or 64bit) and IE9. Used the factory-to-ddwrt_NA.bin.

The important thing is to make sure to put IE9 into IE8 mode, by pressing F12 to bring up the Developer Tools, then change the Browser Mode to IE8! Don't close the browser or you'll have to change it again.

If you don't change the browser mode to IE8, IE9 will just sit there and nothing will happen.

Also, make sure you match the signature with the Trenent firmware. It doesn't have any leading zeroes.

Good luck!
doug80638
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 17:22    Post subject: DD-WRT firmware unable to apply changes Reply with quote
I'm hoping someone in here can steer me in the right direction.

I've installed DD-WRT as recommended by zivan56. The firmware appeared to install OK.

The problem I am having is that I am unable to apply any configuration changes. Any attempt to save or apply changes and the DD-WRT web page is replaced with an IE page stating it could not display the webpage 192.168.1.1/apply.cgi

I can walk through the DD-WRT webpages; I just can't make any changes to them, and even the firmware update page will not work to try to revert back to the original firmware.

I can go back to the original web page and walk through the various other pages without a problem.

I've seen the term "recovery mode" but I can't seem to find a description of just what that is.

Any advice you might find useful would be greatly appreciated by this novice.
bandoba
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 19:32    Post subject: Re: Upgraded successfully almost Reply with quote
pcsd wrote:
Thanks for all the information on here. I think I just finished setting my TEW-673GRU with the latest DD-WRT.

I used zivan56's first (thank you!), then the latest here (http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/D-Link_DIR-825).

This is my first taste of DD-WRT, so I'm hoping that I did it correctly. It shows up correctly when I log into the router. Shows build 18024.

However, I can't get out to the internet. The networks look fine, I can see both the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz ones. But when I connect, I can't get out.

Anyone have the same issue? Any thoughts?

I could use zivan56's original instructions and get DD-WRT on the router. But I am not able to upload latest from theDIR-825 link. I used HexEdit and updated last byte. Also made sure the signature matches by removing "00" in the beginning but the Firmware upgrade fails with error "Upgrade failed!".

Using Firefox from Mac and since it has always worked I believe this is not related to browser. BTW, do I need to use ethernet when I upgrade DD-WRT? I even tried that but no luck.
pcsd
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 21:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
ciris wrote:
Did you try doing a hard 30-30-30 reset after flashing the firmware?

I've done the 30-30-30 reset. No difference.

What I'm seeing is that there is no WAN IP. It's 0.0.0.0. Compared to my old WRT-54G which shows the proper IP. So I'm thinking it may be something to do with my ISP (Cox). I'm going to call them to see if they could assist.
bandoba
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 21:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
Neozen21 wrote:
krizzz wrote:

I am running Win7-64bit.

IE9
    Firefox 9
    Chrome 16.0

TIA

I just flashed my TEW-673 with the latest DD-WRT, using Win7 32-bit (doesn't matter if 32 or 64bit) and IE9. Used the factory-to-ddwrt_NA.bin.

The important thing is to make sure to put IE9 into IE8 mode, by pressing F12 to bring up the Developer Tools, then change the Browser Mode to IE8! Don't close the browser or you'll have to change it again.

If you don't change the browser mode to IE8, IE9 will just sit there and nothing will happen.

Also, make sure you match the signature with the Trenent firmware. It doesn't have any leading zeroes.

Good luck!

Still struggling to upload latest DD-WRT. Can you explain how to match signature?
bandoba
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 21:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
pcsd wrote:
ciris wrote:

What I'm seeing is that there is no WAN IP. It's 0.0.0.0. Compared to my old WRT-54G which shows the proper IP. So I'm thinking it may be something to do with my ISP (Cox). I'm going to call them to see if they could assist.

I saw the same issue yesterday after putting DD-WRT. I'm with Comcast. I had to power cycle cable modem and router one additional time and it worked.
pcsd
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 21:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
pcsd wrote:
ciris wrote:

That was it. I called Cox and they had to reset my modem. Everything is working now.

Thanks.
undertaker2k8
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 21:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
recca wrote:
LOM wrote:
For those of you who loaded a too big dd-wrt firmware for TEW-673GRU and now don't have wifi working:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=488243#488243

step 14, use a previous working dd-wrt firmware built for the 673..

Hi LOM, after I have reverted back to TRENDNET's firmware, I am unable to load back the DIR-825 DD-WRT fw (with last byte changed) as the adapter is always unable to identify which network it is in. I have tried to change the gateway to 192.168.1.1, 192.168.2.1, 192.168.0.1, and auto IP assignment, all with no results connecting to the router. If that is the case, I wonder how I can ever telnet into it. What is the equivalent of 30/30/30 clearing of the NVRAM on the trendnet?

How did you restore the stock trendnet firmware, any inputs will be much appreciated, thanks.
krizzz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 21:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Neozen21 wrote:

Good luck!

Thanks for the reply Neozen. Two questions:

1. When you say you used the "factory-to-ddwrt_NA.bin" did you modify the last byte from a zero to a 1 with a HEX editor or just use it as is?

2. Can explain what you mean by "matching the signature with the Trendnet firmware"? I'm not at all familiar with this process.

Thanks!!
undertaker2k8
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 21:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
Have the exact same issue above, cannot get on the internet , tried hard 30/30/30 /power cycling w no luck.

Tried to restore the stock firmware but that fails? What is the correct way, if any, to restore the stock firmware from dd-wrt?

Cycled modem too (ATT DSL/PPoE on Modem) but no luck...
undertaker2k8
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 22:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
It's a simple issue: my dlink modem and the dd-wrt both default to 192.168.1.1, haha, IP conflict so the DHCP on the modem does not work , set the router to 192.168.1.2 and you're good to go. Laughing
Hoogineer
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just got my TEW-673GRU up and running on DD-WRT today after it arrived in the mail yesterday. Big thanks to zivan56 for trailblazing this and obviously to the authors of DD-WRT.

I used the DD-WRT bin for DIR-825 that he modified and linked in his post from Apr 24, 2011. The process I followed:
0.) Change my other router's local address to prevent a conflict at 192.168.1.1.
1.) Verify computer NIC as 10/100, not 10/100/1000
2.) Plug networking cable into port 1 of router
3.) Adjust computer IP to 192.168.1.2 (by allowing IP addresses to start at x.x.x.2 instead of x.x.x.100)
4.) Hard reboot on router -- may not have been necessary; it forced me into a firmware upload only page instead of the normal TrendNET interface after I reconnected
5.) Uploaded zivan56's modified firmware
6.) Waited very patiently for router to finish accepting new firmware, reset, etc. -- I watched the network status page to see the router disappear, then reappear with DD-WRT (e.g., the 2.4 GHz wireless came back as DD-WRT)
7.) Performed another hard reboot, as recommended
8.) Set password, updated settings, etc.

I'm very happy with it so far. Now I just need to work out a permanent solution to increase airflow. I'm connected to my cable modem through the TEW-673GRU as I type this post.

Edit: I was able to enable the USB ports through the Services:USB and Services:NAS tabs in DD-WRT and shared a small thumbdrive over the network via FTP. I wasn't able to mount it, but I was able to add it as a network location with R/W, so it does show up under My Computer. At some point, I may try to change it to SAMBA, which should allow me to mount it as a shared network drive. So, this is definitely way better than having to rely on vendor software that you have to install on your computer.

Last edited by Hoogineer on Mon Jan 16, 2012 14:27; edited 2 times in total
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 7 of 13
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: