How do I move a paid license key?

jarek7714
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 20:14    Post subject: How do I move a paid license key? Reply with quote
I have purchased license DD-WRT Professional + Superchannel Activation for x86 hardware I fell and I would like to transfer it to another product, can I make such a maneuver? (Air-live WL-9000AP >RSPro Ubiquiti) Question
Sponsor
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 17:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
you cant. the licence is bound to the hw.
&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 23:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
what hardware is it bound to? the compact flash card or the ethernet mac address or something?
jarek7714
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 13:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sad
jarek7714
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 13:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sash wrote:
In this case, I spent 25 euros senselessly senselessly installing DD-WRT licenses for the equipment in which the software was totally kicked from the beginning and who has never worked reliably, despite many updates. It is a pity that the shop is not so unambiguous information about this product. Yours! Jareq Evil or Very Mad
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
slybunda wrote:
what hardware is it bound to? the compact flash card or the ethernet mac address or something?

it bound to the ethernet mac address

jarek7714 wrote:
Sash wrote:
In this case, I spent 25 euros senselessly senselessly installing DD-WRT licenses for the equipment in which the software was totally kicked from the beginning and who has never worked reliably, despite many updates. It is a pity that the shop is not so unambiguous information about this product. Yours! Jareq Evil or Very Mad

dont blame us for your useless posts on your problem. i never saw needed information even when i gave u the links to read 1st. other useres have this unit up and running...

&
RTFM/STFW
&

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 20:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sash, why are you always a colossal prick in these forums?

Here we have paying customers asking for support on an issue, and you are nothing but rude and dismissive to them.

I just purchased three Superchannel licenses myself - a feature which is broken on every build for the last 6 months it should be pointed out - but knowing it is non-transferable if my hardware were to fail, and that support here is so horrid, I will be sure to take my business elsewhere next time around. I hear Ubiquiti devices work nicely, and they don't even make you pay to enable features...
mcmadpete
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 13:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
deweyhewson wrote:
Here we have paying customers asking for support on an issue, and you are nothing but rude and dismissive to them.

I just purchased three Superchannel licenses myself - a feature which is broken on every build for the last 6 months it should be pointed out...

We did do a lot of work integrating ath9k into dd-wrt. Because ath9k is not supporting SuperChannel we had to develop this feature. I'm not sure which builds you were using, in case these have been ath9k based it's likely that not everything was working.

The matter of moving a license is technically not trivial - especially when somebody claims that a device is broken. How to prove? We have been discussing several options but did not find something yet that's really working... In case of a broken device that falls under warranty we provide a new license when we get some RMA proof...
j911
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
Could you not add some code into pro builds that dials home to check with a server if the key is already in use. If it hasnt been for lets say over 48 hours then a new key is issued.

If the old router does come back online same time as new key is being used then. Send command to old router to disable pro features and display license violation instead of trial message.

This should tie in to rma proof requirements if under warranty but most of us use old systems no longer under warranty...
j911
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
Could you not add some code into pro builds that dials home to check with a server if the key is already in use. If it hasnt been for lets say over 48 hours then a new key is issued.

If the old router does come back online same time as new key is being used then. Send command to old router to disable pro features and display license violation instead of trial message.

This should tie in to rma proof requirements if under warranty but most of us use old systems no longer under warranty...
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
this would be easily hacked by blocking the device calling home. this is no option
&
RTFM/STFW
&

Navigation

Jump to: