Linksys WRT320N

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Hardware DIY / Hardware Mods
Allard86
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:16    Post subject: Linksys WRT320N Reply with quote
Hi All,

I have an request.

I have an Linksys WRT320N, but have black spots in my house (new building).

I want to extend the range with antenna's.

I did some research and I think that I know what need:

Upgrade the firmware to DD-WRT;
2x Antenna

Can I use these?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/7dBi-Antenna-Mod-Kit-Linksys-WRT320N-No-soldering-/110763065977?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19c9fe4279
Sponsor
Allard86
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:20    Post subject: Re: Linksys WRT320N Reply with quote
Allard86 wrote:

Can I use these?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/7dBi-Antenna-Mod-Kit-Linksys-WRT320N-No-soldering-/110763065977?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19c9fe4279

Or maybe these?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pair-9dBi-High-Gain-Dual-Antenna-Linksys-WRT320N-Router-/250790204527
Allard86
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anyone?? Crying or Very sad
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 23:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
First link yes, second link no.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
Allard86
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 13:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
buddee wrote:

And what is the exact difference between those? (except for the dBi)
Allard86
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can someone please tell me what I can to extend my range with my router? Are the things as above the right method to extend my wireless area?
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
Allard86 wrote:
buddee wrote:

And what is the exact difference between those? (except for the dBi)

Read and compare what the 2 sellers are providing, buddee is right that only the 1st one is ok.

If you can't understand the difference between them then you shouldn't even think of modding the router.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
I was just asking to be sure. I know what I'm doing, but I don't have the knowledge of all the terms.

I see that the stuff (on the link I send) is only shipping to the USA. I live in the EU. Someone any options?
mandoholic
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 16:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
Since you haven't gotten a reply; I think what the previous poster is avoiding telling you is that your second link doesn't have the UFL to RP-SMA adapters included so you can't attach them to the WRT320n. Not only does the first link include those, but it looks like it would a easy for anyone who can handle a screwdriver to install them. That said, I haven't done this mod to my WRT320n yet so I can't vouch for its performance, but given my experience with this wireless router's internal antennas I don't see how it could hurt. I hope if I'm overlooking something, someone will step forward instead of saying "if you don't already know I'm not going to tell you"... it's not helpful.

If you can find the UFL to RP-SMA adapters as in that kit, then you can use the 9dbi antennas or even a better YAGI or home-grown antenna. I think this would work... but do your research before taking my word for it: http://www.sparkfun.com/products/662

Let us know how it works for you.
Paul
Allard86
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi all,

Sorry for my late response.

I still don't have the kit, because they can't send it to the EU. Someone any advice about this how I can get this kit?

Many thanks.

Allard
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Hardware DIY / Hardware Mods All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: