Asus RT-N12/B1 repeater disconnects from AP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
backwoodsman
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:17    Post subject: Asus RT-N12/B1 repeater disconnects from AP Reply with quote
Running build 17990 in repeater mode. Frequently, but not always, when I make changes to various settings via the GUI, it disconnects from the AP and won't reconnect to any AP until it's rebooted. Is this a known problem? Is there a different build I can use that doesn't have this problem? Is there any other solution?
Sponsor
backwoodsman
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 18:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
No ideas on this? No one else has ever encountered this problem?

I guess I'll try some older builds and see if I can find one that works.
backwoodsman
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 19:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
I haven't got around to trying other builds yet (just got back to this router today) and this problem is still happening.

I've since discovered that it's all wireless connections, not just the connection to the AP. And rebooting isn't always enough; sometimes I have to cycle the power before any wireless will reconnect.
backwoodsman
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
Today I tried 17084 and 16785; can't find any other builds for this router. Both have the problem. 17990 seems stable except for this issue, but 16785 seems a little flaky. 16785 sometimes act like ACK timing works, but more often like it doesn't work. 17990 always acts like it doesn't work.

So I guess DD-WRT isn't an option for the RT-N12/B1. No one seems interested in this problem, so I don't suppose it'll ever be fixed.

Tomato, on the other hand, works great. ACK timing works, and not a single problem, except of course it has no wireless repeater mode.
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
I believe the Rt-n12 uses k2.6, this is probably what you are facing...

http://svn.dd-wrt.com:8000/ticket/2253

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
backwoodsman
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
buddee wrote:
I believe the Rt-n12 uses k2.6, this is probably what you are facing...
http://svn.dd-wrt.com:8000/ticket/2253

I don't think so. Repeater mode works fine.
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
If you are changing non-crucial settings, and it is not re-connecting till reboot, i am not so sure i would call that working fine. Albeit, you are not having the exact problems in the ticket...

I can change settings on any of my k2.4 broadcom units and they re-connect without needing a reboot. I haven't tried it on any k2.6 broadcom units because i don't use any of them as repeaters.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
backwoodsman
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
buddee wrote:
If you are changing non-crucial settings, and it is not re-connecting till reboot, i am not so sure i would call that working fine. Albeit, you are not having the exact problems in the ticket...

It's not related to repeater mode, it happens the same in client mode. Didn't try AP mode. Both repeater and client modes work fine except for this problem. So unless I'm missing something, my problem is nothing like that ticket.
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:09    Post subject: Re: Asus RT-N12/B1 repeater disconnects from AP Reply with quote
backwoodsman wrote:
Running build 17990 in repeater mode. Frequently, but not always, when I make changes to various settings via the GUI, it disconnects from the AP and won't reconnect to any AP until it's rebooted. Is this a known problem? Is there a different build I can use that doesn't have this problem? Is there any other solution?

Perhaps i am reading this incorrectly? Like i said, you may not be having the exact problems in the ticket, but the ticket in general lets you know there are problems with repeater mode..

backwoodsman
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:20    Post subject: Re: Asus RT-N12/B1 repeater disconnects from AP Reply with quote
buddee wrote:
backwoodsman wrote:
Running build 17990 in repeater mode

Perhaps i am reading this incorrectly?

When I wrote that I hadn't yet tried client mode. When I got back to that router today -- 9 days later -- no one had replied, so I didn't see the point in bothering to add more details.

Is there another build I can try on this router, that might work right? I couldn't find any but those 3.
backwoodsman
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 23:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
I see 18946 is now available for this router. Does anyone know if it solves this problem?

Anyone have any input on the most stable build for this router?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: