how to uninstall dd-wrt

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
bhitt99
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:39    Post subject: how to uninstall dd-wrt Reply with quote
anyone know how to remove dd-wrt from your router once it is there? i have a belkin wireless g router. i have the belkin firmware downloades - it is a bin file. i am lost here...thanks for any help!
Sponsor
slobodan
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
As far as others say something about this, it would be rather simple: in firmware upgrade select "recover to default settings" and then flash the stock firmware. But I'm not sure that this applies to your router.

Don't do anything unless you are sure of what you do, otherwise you could brick your router.

2 times RT-AC56U running DD-WRT 45493 (one as Gateway, the other as AP, both bridged with LAN cable)

3 times Asus RT-N16 shelved

E4200 V1 running freshtomato 2020.8 (bridged with LAN cable)

3 times Linksys WRT610N V2 converted to E3000 and 1 original E3000 running freshtomato 2020.8 (bridged with LAN cable)

socal87
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 19:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Check the wiki for specific instructions and guidelines on your router. In most cases, you should be able to do a factory reset, then flash the factory firmware, then do another factory reset...but don't quote me on that. Again, look through the wiki; if you don't, and you screw up your router, that's on you.

>>>PEACOCK THREAD!<<<

I do NOT offer personal assistance.
Please do not PM me for help.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: