Deleting DHCP lease fails

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
DIRtyDen
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 0:55    Post subject: Deleting DHCP lease fails Reply with quote
Am running v24 sp2 (build 15778) std on a D-Link DIR615 D2. Recently added an Epson SX435W WiFi printer to the mix. I now want to replace the DHCP with a static address but clicking the Delete trashcan on Status-LAN-DHCP clients-Delete ('Click to delete lease') does nothing in spite of auto-refresh being on. I have repeated this exercise with printer on, off and cycled and with USB lead dis(connected).

I have admin rights - I couldn't be on that page without them, I guess.

I understand from a kind response to my earlier post to the wrong (Broadcom) sub-forum that DHCP leases timer is inoperative... If this inoperation refers to more than the timer display, can I cancel the lease by other means to let my DD-WRT-registered static lease take hold?
Sponsor
PrimPast
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 18:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just set the static lease. While the webgui display may still show the previous lease, every time I have done this, the proper IP goes to the device I set the static lease on.
DIRtyDen
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 14:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm not so lucky my DHCP-ed IP address has not changed since I wrote the post. I have just switched the printer off and will turn it on and look at it in 1440 minutes time.

Thanks for the input, PrimPast.
DIRtyDen
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 23:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
I certainly did! I've worked on a help desk too!

1440+ minutes later I turned the doofus on and the DHCP-ed address is still holding. Away for the weekend, so I'll turn off the router and the printer and see what happens I'll try forcing that address on another device while the printer's off, too...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: