Validity of TRAFFIC by MONTH graph

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
echomaster
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 0:53    Post subject: Validity of TRAFFIC by MONTH graph Reply with quote
A newbie here... my ISP says I had overage last month (Jan 2012). They say 35GB over, my DD-WRT graph says 18GB over.
Who is right and why?
I have not tweaked DD-WRT (no special scripts) - the installation file is straight from dd-wrt.com

Also is there a simpler instruction than http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/MyPage to get MyPage to work for me.

For the life of me I can't figure out how to 'write' scripts into the router.

Router Model Linksys WRT160N
Firmware Version DD-WRT v24-sp2 (04/23/10) std - build 14311
Sponsor
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
traff data is saved to nvram everyday at midnight (or there abouts)..

if:

you reboot your router, any traff data will be lost unless you either commit nvram before the boot (reboot), or save traff data before the reboot, then restore it after the reboot.

so... traff is saved at midnight.. lets just say that for some reason you reboot your router, or the router reboots cuz of config changes.. lets say at 4:00pm.. all traff data will be lost from midnight to 4:00pm.

I have monitored mine from what it says, to what my isp says.. I would say it is right on but I'm not gonna argue over a couple of mb's.. Close enough for me though..

Also.. depending on what type of connection you have, some data flies back and forth between the router and your isp that is not your data. well it is, but it has nothing to do with your actual data you are downloading (uploading).. network stuff.. At&t (dsl) in the US has a class action ready to get filed over this very issue.

Navigation

Jump to: