DD-WRT for Netgear WNR3500L V2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
stiga77
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 18:45    Post subject: DD-WRT for Netgear WNR3500L V2 Reply with quote
Will there come a dd-wrt for the Netgaer WNR3500L v2?
I am waiting for this.
Sponsor
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 22:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
Do this..

http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/router-detection

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
manitou
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 18:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'd be happy if there will be a official version too. At the moment, I'm really disapointed from this router, as it useless for me at the moment Sad I have a V1 here since a year or so which I like, but the 2 V2s are just collecting dust.. Rolling Eyes
wats6831
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
I got it working on a 3500 v1. not sure if that helps or not.
willardthor
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 18:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
buddee wrote:
Do this..

http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/router-detection

Here is a direct link to all the files provided on this device at fcc.gov. I take it you wanted the file with the internal photos, since it shows what chipset is in this router. I attached this PDF to this forum post.

(the case the router resides in, in these photos, is different from the one I have though, as can be seen here. I guess the photos are from before the router was put on the market, and the router exterior was redesigned in the meantime)

To try to install dd-wrt on the NETGEAR WNR3500L v2, I followed the wiki page for NETGEAR WNR3500L. Both on a Linux client (browser: Chromium and Firefox) and on a Windows client (browser: Internet Explorer 9), I

1. performed the 30-30-30 reset,
  2. disabled the wireless adapter on my client,
  3. configured my ethernet adapter to have IP 192.168.1.8, subnet mask 255.255.255.0, gateway 192.168.1.1,
  4. connected my client to an ethernet port on the router,
  5. double-checked the network configuration on my client before proceeding,
  6. browsed to 192.168.1.1, logging in with the default username and password (before which I am asked if I want to use some setup wizard, to which I say no) (NETGEAR router firmware is V1.0.0.10_30.0.43),
  7. skipped cancelling the automatic update, since the option was nonexistent,
  8. tried uploading the provided trailed .chk file under "Router Upgrade",

with no success.

In the last step, if I provide this .chk file to the web interface, an error occurs when I press "upload" after about 1 second of file transfer. The error message given is "Firmware upgrade failed. Please check your file. This screen will automatically return to the previous screen in a few seconds...".

If I instead provide this .bin file to the web interface, an error occurs when I press "upload" before a file transfer commences (tested by disconnecting my client from the router before picking the file). The error message given is "Please assign the correct file. The file format is *.chk".

So it seems to me that a client-side script checks the file extension to ensure that it is ".chk". If it is, "update" starts a transfer. The router will immediately check the file header to see if the image is intended for this router. The router then sees that the image is not intended for this router (supposedly since it is intended for the NETGEAR WNR3500L v1), kills the transfer, and reports an error to the client.

It seems someone has succeeded at producing a trailed build for NETGEAR WNR3500L v2. However, I am hesitant to try it out since I do not know how reliable this source is.

NETGEAR_WNR3500Lv2_internal.pdf
 Description:
internal photos, retrieved from fcc.gov.

https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout=500&calledFromFrame=N&application_id=937703&fcc_id='PY310400153'

Download
 Filename:  NETGEAR_WNR3500Lv2_internal.pdf
 Filesize:  511.92 KB
 Downloaded:  2901 Time(s)

willardthor
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Update: I got impatient, and flashed my NETGEAR WNR3500Lv2 with the trailed build provided in the myopenrouter.com forum post I linked to earlier (download link for the archive therein containing the .chk file I used), instead of the .chk file recommended in the wiki post for NETGEAR WNR3500L.

It worked.

I then tried following the rest of the wiki entry for the NETGEAR WNR3500L, that is, to install this .bin file, to install type "big" DD-WRT on the router.

It failed; the DD-WRT web interface reported "Upgrade Failed".

I did a 30-30-30 reset, just in case, and now I have a working DD-WRT firmware on my NETGEAR WNR3500Lv2.

I do not know which features it supports, though; did the "big" firmware get installed despite the failure notification? If not, how do I see which features the current firmware supports? How do I see which firmware is currently running?

On the top of the web interface, it says Firmware: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (12/01/11). How do I read the date? YY-MM-DD, MM-DD-YY or DD-MM-YY?
Jerry2012
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 0:45    Post subject: Netgear WNR3500Lv2 works! Reply with quote
Hi Ladies,

you're all my personal SUPERHEROS!

I tried to manage to get the dd-wrt to run on the Netgear WNR3500Lv2 brought in Feb-2012.

Attached a screenshot-prove and the firmware-image I used.
I did it like willardthor in the message before.

Great job, I will donate...

Best regards & keep up the good work,

Jerry

Mod edit: Pict to large...deleted.
gordon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 13:05    Post subject: Official WNR36500Lv2 image Reply with quote
Hi,

I just bought a Netgear WNR3500Lv2 and would really like to have DD-WRT installed on it. This because I'm a big fan of OSS and DD-WRT also lets me integrate iptables and snort on my router!

I'm wondering if anyone has an estimation on if/when the offical image of DD-WRT for the WNR3500Lv2 could be expected?

I know about Building DD-WRT firmware for WNR3500Lv2 from http://www.myopenrouter.com, but would like to know if/when there be one ready-to-use version in the Router-Database.

Keep up the good work and thank you!
davidcasper
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 19:57    Post subject: Yes. Me too Reply with quote
Yes. I would like a version for the v2 too. I just bought one yesterday from Staples having read all the reviews saying how good it worked - and then I run into the problem that it will not load the .chk file because it needs a v2 header. I am new to dd-wrt so would like to use a tested build rather than make one myself.
David
MrFidget
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 21:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi Team,

How are we going with an DD-WRT team firmware.

There is a .chk firmware on the myopenrouter.org site, however it does not allow flashing of the current Broadcom K26 builds by either eko or Brainslayer.

Can anyone say what the current status of this is ?

Does anyone need some v2 hardware thown to them ?

Anything to help

Cheers all
Chris
salutuj
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 7:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi,

I am considering buying this router as well.
Is its status WIP? If not then will it be ever?

Thanks and regards
Pawel
MrFidget
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 0:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anyone had any further progress with this ?

I am happy to donate one + some incentive $$$ if that helps Wink Wink

/C
Nexion
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 16:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
Did you try this : http://www.myopenrouter.com/download/37462/DD-WRT-for-NETGEAR-WNR3500Lv2-Support-Release/
MrFidget
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 20:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
I did get a version running on it, but none of the dd-wrt.com based brainslayer or eko builds will load over the top.

Just get rejected. bad magic number on a telnet flash

I was looking at compiling my own with the options I need, OpenVPN and Milkfish, but if someone else is working on it, I'm happy to dedicate my resources elsewhere, like testing it in production or helping on the forums or IRC

/C
MrFidget
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Bump

Anyone working on this model ?

This is the 128Mb/128Mb model that has been released.
Not the original 8/64 L model.

Happy to donate one or more for a favourable result ? Can sweeten with beer / pizza $$$ if that helps.

Thanks
Chris
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 13
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: