Cannot connect to a Thomson DWG875 modem

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions
vitoco
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 21:05    Post subject: Cannot connect to a Thomson DWG875 modem Reply with quote
For years, my Linksys WRT54GL with DD-WRT v23 std was connected to my ADSL modem, an Arescom 1000 that provides NAT, so my router was used just as a miniswitch with 4 physical ports and wifi router.

Now, I changed to a cable operator's pack (TV+Phone+Internet), so I got a new modem: a Thomson DWG875, which includes 4 lan ports, wifi access and a phone line (VoIP I think).

The documentation says that this modem provides NAT and many other features, but what I really got is 4 IP addresses directly exposed to the net and none of the features from the docs. I can connect to the web interface of the administration module, but the firmware is not the same as the one showed in the docs, so I guess that it was replaced by the cable operator.

Then I decided to use the dd-wrt router to provide NAT features, but it cannot get a WAN IP from the modem. I used "Automatic Configuration - DHCP" connection type, but WAN IP keeps showing 0.0.0.0, even when "Internet" light from the panel shows activity!

If I connect a WinXP box to a lan port of the modem, it does receive an IPs address by DHCP, and I can surf the net.

I tried many setup options in DD-WRT without success. I also upgraded the firmware to v24-sp2 std without luck.

What am I missing? What's wrong?

What I cannot do is to reset/restart the modem, as it provides home phone line, and includes a backup battery to operate for 6 hours without power, so I cannot do everything that note 14 of the peacock announcement sais.

Thank you...

++Vitoco
Sponsor
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 22:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
See the wiki on wireless access point. Your LAN IP is wrong for your setup if you want to plug into the WAN port. This is really not a dd-wrt issue, but if you need further assistance on configuring your router, you need to follow what is stated in the first post in this forum.
LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: