Tp-link WR841ND v7.2 client mode not function

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2
nebbia88
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
2of1 wrote:
Could anyone give some details on how to get client bridge working with OpenWRT?

you're in the wrong forum :P
Sponsor
Steelborn
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
2of1 wrote:
Client mode works perfectly for me (I've got a v7.2).
However client Bridge does not at all (it seems to be connected to the AP - just like in client mode - but seems unable to route the traffic, provide dhcp, etc. to connected clients).

I couldn't get either to work on my v7.0 against a Vodafone EasyBox 802.

As this issue has apparently been around for some time - should I just get forget about the 841 and get a 1043?

Quote:
Could anyone give some details on how to get client bridge working with OpenWRT?

http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/recipes/relayclient

Had no luck with that either, though.
Steelborn
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 23:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
Steelborn wrote:
As this issue has apparently been around for some time - should I just get forget about the 841 and get a 1043?

That's what I did, and it works like a charm. The 841's fate will now probably be that of a repeater (once I get it back to DD-WRT from OpenWRT).
teprac
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 16:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
I guess I'm blind because I can't find the OpenWRT firmware anywhere and the steps to set it up???

rrgalvao wrote:
rrgalvao wrote:
Exactly the same problem here. WR841ND V7.2
Everithing works fine except client and client bridge (routed) mode. Build 17201.

Installed OpenWRT on this AP and worked perfectly (ecxcept only for a little jitter) on client mode. I recommend it for everyone with WR841ND V7.2 trying to use it on the client repeater mode.
bierbrauer
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 23:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
I installed gargoyle (easy to configure, based on open wrt) on my 841nd by following this instructions

But watch out, that the openwrt image you have to flash first, comes without an webinterface! so you need telnet and winscp to connect to the 841nd.

With gargoyle client bridge mode is working for me. I used the 841 as a repeater for a fritzbox 7270. But I didn't test it for long (around 2 hours), connecting to the 841-repeater worked on 2 different laptops, another laptop wasn't able to get an ip by dhcp (assigning a static ip worked).
abogangster
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:48    Post subject: client mode working on wr841nd v7.2 Reply with quote
Hello everybody

I have 2 tp-link routers, one is the wr741nd v4.3 (no DD-WRT support yet), and the other is a wr841nd v7.2, this last one does not work in wireless client mode with firmwares from r17967 to r18024, the config appears to be ok, even wireless status is reported as connected, but WAN IP is always 0.0.0.0

However with firmware r17201 is working ok as client (not client bridge), the only thing that aint working is the DDNS, it reports a perpetual "conecting to server".

To get client mode working, reset your router, flash it with version r17201, wait for it to reset one more time, login and define user and password, go to the status tab, wireless, and do a site survey, select the desired AP, click join, the page will change to the basic wireless settings, the SSID will be changed accordingly, select client mode, press save (not apply settings), go to wireless security, select the appropiate security mode and enter WEP or WPA key, click save, go to basic router settings and select DHCP automatic configuration (sometimes it's disabled), save and reboot router.

I haven't tried client bridge mode with this build, only wireless client mode.
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: