Linksys/Cisco E2500 DD-WRT WORKING -Test Build Page 9

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
noknok79
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 0:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
Eko wrote:
vpn (not small - all nv60k routers have >= 8MB flash)

sorry, but difference of nv60k to v24-newd, sorry for my ignorance. Sad
Sponsor
noknok79
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 0:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
Eko wrote:
vpn (not small - all nv60k routers have >= 8MB flash)

sorry but after the dd-wrt.v24-18625_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini-nv60k.bin then upgrade to the VPN? is that the proper procedure? not direct vpn?

thanks.
noknok79
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 0:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
dd-wrt.v24-18625_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini-nv60k.bin

attempting to upgrade to this firmware, it fails? should I upgrade to the latest Orig Linksys first before jumping to the above firmware?

upgrading to the Latest Original Linksys firmware now...

thanks!
noknok79
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
NEED HELP! my E2500 router keeps restarting and restarting... is it already bricked?

the procedure i did was

1st upgrade to the Latest Orig Linksys Firmware and it successfully done.

then, I tried to upgrade mini-nv60k but it failed and open-vpn.nv60k and it failed

once I failed to the above firmware, I always keep it to restore to factory default.

then, i tried this 2.4.newd-mini, the one with new update firmware and BOOM!

my power keep recycling, need help how restore my E2500 firmware
noknok79
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
in my E2500 router, how do I perform the 30/30/30 ? there are 2 reset button? the one with besides outlet for adaptor and the other is in the below of the unit?

need help please!
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
You need to try explaining a little more clear about what it is you need help with. Pretty much all of your posts on this page make no sense.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
noknok79
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
sorry, first I upgrade my E2500 to the Latest Orig Linksys Firmware which is posted to this board.

after upgrading to the Latest Orig Linksys firmware 1.0.04 something, i restore it to factory default.

from Latest Orig Linksys Firmware, I attempt to upgrade firmware dd-wrt.v24-18625_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini-nv60k.bin but in failed.

so reboot then, restore to factory default(Orig Linksys 1.00.04), then tried the dd-wrt.v24-18625_NEWD-2_K2.6_openvpn-nv60k.bin then it failed again...

so reboot then, restore to factory default(Orig Linksys 1.00.04) then attempt the dd-wrt.v24-18625_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini-e2500.bin

then BOOM! my router keep restarting and restarting... so how do I perform the 30/30/30?

button on below the unit? i tried it but still it keep restarting... please help.
adityaksharma
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
noknok79 wrote:

button on below the unit? i tried it but still it keep restarting... please help.

I have the same issue , I tried the dd-wrt.v24-18625_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini-e2500.bin firmware.

Selected firmware upgrade from the stock netgear webui, once the flash was done, did the 30/30/30 reset and now my router is in a continous bootloop. If I time it perfectly I can get the login screen to display but then the router resets. Is there a way to recover or do I need to go the jtag route or worse is my router bricked...
Fractal
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
adityaksharma wrote:
noknok79 wrote:

I have the same issue , I tried the dd-wrt.v24-18625_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini-e2500.bin firmware.

Selected firmware upgrade from the stock netgear webui, once the flash was done, did the 30/30/30 reset and now my router is in a continous bootloop. If I time it perfectly I can get the login screen to display but then the router resets. Is there a way to recover or do I need to go the jtag route or worse is my router bricked...

You should be able to use TFTP and ftp up the original firmware image.. I have not had either issue, however I went from factory to mini-e2500.bin as that has the correct code pattern, after that you can upgrade to any the supported nv60k build.

I would recommend putting your computer to 192.168.1.5 and then run a ping flood to the router once u get a ping from it start the ftp transfter

tftp -I 192.168.1.1 PUT FW-E2500--XXXXX.bin

once you get a successful upload then you are set, then all you need to do is wait until it boots and the power led goes solid.

-Fractal
adityaksharma
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks, I'm going to try that, could you give me a link to the FW file you're referring to.
Fractal
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
adityaksharma wrote:
Thanks, I'm going to try that, could you give me a link to the FW file you're referring to.

Someone linked the original linksys firmware in this thread on page 4 I believe... that should get you back..

I have been running mine for 3 days straight streaming netflix and not one hickup running eko's mini bin.

-Fractal
adityaksharma
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
Alright, so I uploaded the stock firmware, using tftp. Do I just wait until the power LED goes solid or do I reset it manually?

EDIT: NVM found the TFTP recovery instructions. Just need to wait till the power LED stops flashing. Should take about 3 minutes.

EDIT2 : I've been waiting for over 5 minutes the power LED is still flashing, if I manually reset the router, it is still stuck in the reboot loop, anyother ideas...

EDIT 3: Waiting for over 20 minutes, the power LED kept flashing and I could still ping the router, the TFTP recovery guide says the router should becoem unpinga-able for about 3 minutes, that never happened to me. I guess mine is bricked.
Fractal
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
adityaksharma wrote:
Alright, so I uploaded the stock firmware, using tftp. Do I just wait until the power LED goes solid or do I reset it manually?

EDIT: NVM found the TFTP recovery instructions. Just need to wait till the power LED stops flashing. Should take about 3 minutes.

EDIT2 : I've been waiting for over 5 minutes the power LED is still flashing, if I manually reset the router, it is still stuck in the reboot loop, anyother ideas...

EDIT 3: Waiting for over 20 minutes, the power LED kept flashing and I could still ping the router, the TFTP recovery guide says the router should becoem unpinga-able for about 3 minutes, that never happened to me. I guess mine is bricked.

Nope, unplug and plug back with ping flood going, once you get first ping hit Enter on your TFTP window and send the bin up, u should see the lan light blinking like mad, then you should be good in a few minutes after that... if not repeat until u catch it.

-Fractal
adityaksharma
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
Fractal wrote:

Nope, unplug and plug back with ping flood going, once you get first ping hit Enter on your TFTP window and send the bin up, u should see the lan light blinking like mad, then you should be good in a few minutes after that... if not repeat until u catch it.

-Fractal

I caught the tftp upload window. I get the upload successful message and then the power led starts blinking. but it keeps on doing so. I've tried a bunch of times, no dice.
sajjadhalai
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
E2500. ddwrt frimware. its working for me..
1. update my linksys firmwre to 1.0.0.4... latest version..
2. upgrade firmware to ddwrt.newd.mini.e2500.bin file
3. succesfully updated and restarted once..
4. upgrded to OpenVPN.bin ver
5. again successfully runnnig. no glich at ALL.
Thanx. every body..
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 25, 26, 27  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 6 of 27
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: