dd-wrt fonera flash succensful, but no internet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
noughtme
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:06    Post subject: dd-wrt fonera flash succensful, but no internet Reply with quote
i just successfully flashed my fonera, i can access the web-based config, save settings, turn on WPA, but i cannot connect to the internet. i have the fonera connected directly to my modem. any ideas?
Sponsor
Ubu
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 13:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
You probably need to reboot your modem so it can associate with the new MAC of the Fon. With some ISPs’ you need to leave the modem off for quite awhile before it will reset and others will right away.
stevenma188
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 14:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
I had the same issue, and it was solved by doing a power cycle (unplugging the router and plugging it back in).
noughtme
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 21:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
unfortunately it's not a simple assocation/MAC problem. resetting the modem and the router does nothing.
noughtme
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 23:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
reset it and reflashed it. still nothing.
dltv
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 0:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
my router required me to clone my mac address give that a shot
noughtme
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
that doesn't seem to do anything. tried reflashing with 0302 build, and that didn't seem to help either. i'm stumped.
Ubu
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 13:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
With some ISPs’, it can take a full day before the old DHCP lease is released (although it is unusual to take that long). Try calling your ISP to get them to release the old MAC. Cloning the MAC should have worked. Did you input the MAC address of the last device connected to the modem?
noughtme
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 14:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
turns out my internet connection was down when i first tried the MAC clone. tried it again, and now the strangest thing is happening. it seems to be kind of working, as my P2P client starts downloading, but i can't browse web pages. what does that mean?
Dravor
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 23:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
noughtme wrote:
turns out my internet connection was down when i first tried the MAC clone. tried it again, and now the strangest thing is happening. it seems to be kind of working, as my P2P client starts downloading, but i can't browse web pages. what does that mean?

Check to make sure the Fonera is picking up dns settings.

For instance goto a command prompt, and do an nslookup on www.yahoo.com. It should come back with 69.147.114.210. If that doesn't work, try pinging a known good external IP like 69.147.114.210. If it pings then you have a DNS issue.

The fact that P2P works, and websites don't, leads me to believe it's a DNS issue. I don't think P2P relies on DNS, just IP's, but I could be wrong.

-D
noughtme
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
thanks Dravor,

DNS was indeed the problem. i put in openDNS server addresses, and everything works now.

never had DNS problems with any other routers or computers before and i'm frequently unplugging and plugging in different hardware to my modem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: