TP-Link TL-WR1043ND Bricked ,Can not write flash memory.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
durib
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 17:41    Post subject: Adam86 Reply with quote
I have the first one and it works. But I can not tell you, that the another one will not work.... To be sure I would buy the first (red) one.
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 0:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks I ordered that one hopefully it will come tommorow.

Is there any tips you can offer?

I have just spent some time soldering some pin headers to GND/RX/TX points as I understand I only need these 3 when using the USB -> TTL adapter from some previous posts.
durib
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
Here is all, you could need. I did a unbrick package (http://kickload.com/file/383056/1043ND_Debrick.7z). It is in my native language, but I think it could help.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 20:27    Post subject: Unreadable text from console Reply with quote
Hello. I bricked my TL-WR1043ND by
Code:
mtd -r erase rootfs
and can't restore it by using Siemens C55 cable (on CP2101 chip) - I'm using only Tx and Rx output. I'm getting unreadable data and router don't accept tpl cjmmand from keyboard. Therefore LAN's LED's is working, but router not pinging and not accessing. I'm using PuTTY with 8N1 and 115200 speed. What I'm doing wrong? Before it I was already recovered my router, but using Siemens C55 cable on another chip.

Maybe it's wrong font settings on PuTTY? Any suggestions?
checho
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 21:46    Post subject: Re: Unreadable text from console Reply with quote
andr-04 wrote:
Hello. I bricked my TL-WR1043ND by
Code:
mtd -r erase rootfs
and can't restore it by using Siemens C55 cable (on CP2101 chip) - I'm using only Tx and Rx output. I'm getting unreadable data and router don't accept tpl cjmmand from keyboard. Therefore LAN's LED's is working, but router not pinging and not accessing. I'm using PuTTY with 8N1 and 115200 speed. What I'm doing wrong? Before it I was already recovered my router, but using Siemens C55 cable on another chip.

Maybe it's wrong font settings on PuTTY? Any suggestions?

Do you see the router rebooting in loops when you watch the leds or do you see them steady on? If the second, and no prompt is received on putty, the router might be for warranty. Why did you need to erase rootfs?
andr-04
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 22:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
Router's LED's workink - when I connect a cable it's light. But not pinging and not answering. And router do not rebooting in loops - after it have booted no text printing from serial.

I erased rootfs, because of using before it OpenWRT with jffs2 which is not support settings reset (but I've found it very late). Is it possible to restore router in this situation?
cinemaniarota
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 20:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
durib wrote:
Here is all, you could need. I did a unbrick package (http://kickload.com/file/383056/1043ND_Debrick.7z). It is in my native language, but I think it could help.

Hello, durib. Please, could you tell me what is your native language? I wanna translate your pdf to spanish.

Thanks.
durib
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
andr-04 wrote:
no text printing from serial.

That means, you have only black window in Putty? Has it ever work?

cinemaniarota wrote:
your native language?

It is "Czech", but I just translated something from this guide: http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl-wr1043nd , added utilities and ideas from this forum Smile Nothing of that is my idea...maybe soldering wires through the vent Smile

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 18:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi everybody,
I have tried to debrick my router following hvandrie's guide but I haven't managed to obtain access on putty. When GND is not connected (only TX-RX and RX-TX) weird symbols appear on the terminal, while router is booting. If i connect GND-GND, the terminal window remains black.
My usb-ttl interface is this:http://www.ebay.com/itm/370532286388.
I have tried almost every baud rate available starting from the suggested one (115200) using following settings:
Data bits:8
Stop bits:1
Parity:None
Flow control:None
both in device and putty settings, with the same result.
I think that GND soldering is well done because, although it doesn't work, the result changes whether connected or not.
I don't know what's wrong so any help is appreciated.
comandline
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just want to say thanks because i finally got the Soldering done (probably the badest solderingjob in the World Wink) an debricked my Router!
But with to differences:
I needed to connect tx-tx and rx-rx. With tx-rx rx-tx i got no output via serial console.
And i got an error with the Firmware image contained here (http://kickload.com/file/383056/1043ND_Debrick.7z).
I got a bootloop and the Serialconsole put out something like "Bad Zipped".
After Downloading anotherone everything went fine Wink

1000 Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
durib
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
rendilo wrote:
I haven't managed to obtain access on putty. When GND is not connected (only TX-RX and RX-TX) weird symbols appear on the terminal, while router is booting. If i connect GND-GND, the terminal window remains black.

Have you soldered it right? Take a pic of that and mark TX RX GND.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
fixed
http://svn.dd-wrt.com/changeset/18493

&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 18:07    Post subject: unbricked and rebricked Reply with quote
Hi, just wanted to warn about connecting the VCC cable while using the normal 12 V power adapter. I read here that only 3 (rx/tx and ground) is *needed*. My new experience say: either all four, which will also power the router OR only three and the 12 V adapter.

The long story is that I finally managed to brick a tp-link tl-wr1043nd by uploading the image to /root and then did 'mtd -r write <image> firmware' which effectively bricked the router (the boot loader was not damage though). so ALWAYS upload the image to /tmp Smile

I then used my new FTDI FT232RQ 3.3 V ttl cable connecting VCC (which is 5V from the cable), RX/TX and gnd. When I connected all four of the cables (no external 12 V power) the router started and I saw the boot process. But since I didn't solder the cables to the router, but simply connecting them by pressing against the connector of the router I though that I should also connect the 12 V adapter to not loose power while unbricking it. And soon after I connected the external power adapter it started to smell like fried electronics Sad So I unplugged the external power adapter and continued to unbrick the router by typing 'tpl' to get the boot prompt and then erase, tftp, copy and boot the new firmware successfully. But now the router don't work with the external 12 adapter, only by 5 V internal connection...
Cisko
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 16:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello,
can i use this adapter?
http://www.ebay.de/itm/PL2303HX-USB-to-TTL-Converter-Module-/180734359719?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a149b78a7

I've bricked my 1043DN V1.8 with dd-wrt 18000.
Power LED glows, all other blink all 3 seconds.
THX
cullons
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 19:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello, I have 2 1043nd bricked after a bad firmware update, if I buy the USB adapter - ttl, I can recover routeres? It is very hard??, Is there a manual for it?

Sorry bad inglish!! )))

Thanks!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 7 of 13
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: