GURU's Netgear wndr 3400 update - test build page 7

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
ERamseth
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 15:31    Post subject: Re: tx power? Reply with quote
ldmelo wrote:
Is anybody experiencing shorter wifi range with dd-wrt?

I have a v1 and mega 17990 installed. DD-WRT is great and I now have some nice features I didn't have before.

But... When I place the notebook on the very same table I use to work every day, I get a very weak signal, while with stock firmware it was pretty decent.

Also, using my galaxy S (captivate) with android gingerbread (cm7) things get even worse. In a line of sight situation, 5 meters from the router, I get a signal quality of about 30%.

Already played with tx power, from 71 to 84 and even 250mW, but I didn't notice any difference.

I didn't use the stock firmware on these hardly at all once I found out they wouldn't bridge with encryption.

I will say that I noticed drastically reduced range with this router on the 2.4 ghz band when compared to my Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH. Not sure if that's just because the Buffalo is a "high-power" router or if there's is something going on with DD-WRT.

FWIW I noticed the lack of range on my old EVO 4G (rooted stock GB), my new Galaxy Nexus (stock ICS), my HTC Flyer (rooted stock HC), and my Transformer (stock HC)... yeah I'm kind of an android nerd...
Sponsor
ERamseth
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 19:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
ERamseth wrote:
Trunks118 wrote:
Has anybody tried getting WDS working between two of these routers? I have two of these routers with 17990 on them. One has mini and one has mega. I can get the WDS link working, but it seems to disconnect after only a few minutes, which requires a reboot of the devices.

The odd part is that both routers will still show a signal for the other router instead of showing 0%. I have tried WPA2 + AES encryption as well as no encryption and still having the disconnect issues. I have also tried using the same SSID while using WPA2 as well as trying both different and same SSIDs when using no encryption with the same disconnect issues.

Anybody have any ideas?

I'll check when I get home, but I have had 2 of these units running as a wireless bridge on the 5ghz band and it has been very stable and robust. I think I have them running via WDS (but it might be by client bridge... that's what I'll have to check when I get home)

In the meantime, I am sure they are both on the 17990, both are using WPA2 AES, both are only operating on the 5ghz band.

I would suggest a 30-30-30 to start just to be sure there isn't some residual stuff left over.

I'll come back and update with what my full setup is... I basically bought 2 of these expressly to use as a 5ghz wireless-n bridge and they have been working flawlessly in that respect.

OK so actually I have the two routers configured as AP-Client Bridge mode, not set up in a WDS (did this so I can get full speed over that WDS connection).
CompGuy284
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is there anything that is still needed to get the WNDR3400v2 working?
dominosboy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 0:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've been on the board for a while but just decided to register so i can take part... What can i do to help get the wndr3400v2 supported. Ive been monitoring this thread for months and haven't seen any updates or indications of progress. I have seen a lot of interest in getting this hardware supported even if it disables the 5ghz band. Brad
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
Perhaps a donation to eko would get the support for this unit.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
sollord
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
buddee wrote:
Perhaps a donation to eko would get the support for this unit.

Well if anyone wants to pick up a donation unit for eko they can pick it up from http://1saleaday.com/ today for $35 with shipping
dominosboy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
There's nothing there stating its a v2
jaganra
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 0:07    Post subject: N750 WNDR3400 - DDWRT load not working Reply with quote
I tried ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/V24-K26/svn17990/dd-wrt.v24-17990_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini-WNDR3400.chk and it did not load correctly. I am not a newbie and already went through the 30/30/30 steps.

My router says its a N750 - model WNDR3400.

Am I missing something here.
N4Speed
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have a WNDR3400 I am new to dd-wrt however nothing is hard for me but I am looking for the files that I need in order for me to install dd-wrt on my Netgear WNDR3400. Thank you.
N4Speed
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Alright,so after reading the posts on this thread I have found the file question do I have to do a 30/30/30 before installing dd-wrt? I am guessing yes?
N4Speed
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you Eko and thanks to all those who have contributed. I did it it was easy !
N4Speed
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
Why would there be an option for "Rest Factory Settings in dd-wrt? shouldn't be related to dd-wrt? It completely erased my router!
jtsurfs
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
The Reset Factory Settings only restores the configuration back to DD-WRT default. Does not reset the router back to Netgear default. Once you flash dd-wrt, the netgear software is gone.
Mr.Scarface
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Mr.Scarface on Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:37; edited 3 times in total
Mr.Scarface
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
NVM
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22, 23, 24  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 17 of 24
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: