DHCP with Static Leases is not working

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
franc
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 17:35    Post subject: DHCP with Static Leases is not working Reply with quote
Hello

I installed on my WRT54GL the dd-wrt Firmware Revision 18687 "dd-wrt.v24_std_generic.bin" from:

ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2012/03-08-12-r18687/files/broadcom/dd-wrt.v24_std_generic.bin

All is working but the static lease is not working.
When I set a lease, other computers won't get any IP from DHCP anymore.
DHCP is only working if there is not any static lease in the list. With e.g. this:

http://img1.uploadscreenshot.com/images/orig/3/7204292054-orig.jpg

it is not working at all.
I tried a lot of things. Only one IP, the DHCP Lease on 5 Minutes, the static lease on one year.
All the time, as soon as there is a static lease, other computers won't get an IP and won't connect.

Is this wellknown or am I just doing something totally wrong?

How do I use static leases then?

Kind regards, franc
Sponsor
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 17:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
im running the same build, std_nokiad on my tm and I have no problems with static leases. I have 4 static on the router, some devices set up static on the device (xbox for instance), and the rest dhcp. I use no client lease time on the static leases and I am using uDHCPd for the dhcp demon (not dnsmasq).

what is your dhcp pool? your static leases are all over the place.. 20, 30, 110, 120, & 150??

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 22:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
barryware wrote:
... I use no client lease time on the static leases and I am using uDHCPd for the dhcp demon (not dnsmasq).

what is your dhcp pool? your static leases are all over the place.. 20, 30, 110, 120, & 150??

Ah, I didn't know that, maybe this is the problem, I have the DHCP pool only from (192.168.0.)201 to 240.
Do the static leases need to be in the pool?
It sound logical though, I think I mixed it up with static IP (instead of lease).

So then I need to put the pool from 30 to 150, if I still want to use these IP addresses?
crashfly
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
franc wrote:
Ah, I didn't know that, maybe this is the problem, I have the DHCP pool only from (192.168.0.)201 to 240.
Do the static leases need to be in the pool?
It sound logical though, I think I mixed it up with static IP (instead of lease).

So then I need to put the pool from 30 to 150, if I still want to use these IP addresses?

No, your static leases *do not* need to be in the "pool". Likely your problem is that you have specified a time on the leases. I am not sure why that option got added, but I have never had a time specified on a "static" lease. Try removing the lease time and see if that works.

Try Dropbox for syncing files - get 2.5gb online for free by signing up.

Read! Peacock thread
*PLEASE* upgrade PAST v24SP1 or no support.
franc
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
I wondered too why there is a lease time, this gives not much sense. First I tried a very long lease, about a year.
I will try without any time tomorrow.
thank you.
franc
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
Are these other (default) settings OK?

Quote:
DHCP Client

Set Vendorclass:
Request IP:

DHCP Server

Use JFFS2 for client lease DB: (Not mounted)
Use NVRAM for client lease DB: no
Used Domain: WAN
LAN Domain:
Additional DHCPd Options: none

DNSMasq

DNSMasq: Enable
Local DNS: Disable
No DNS Rebind: Enable

(here comes my static leases)

Additional DNSMasq Options: none

When I try all these settings the internet is possibly not working but I an not the only user Wink
franc
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 13:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
I found it!!!
At least!
It has nothing to do with the lease time but with the "+" in one of the name fields, as I showed above in the screenshot!

One of my static leases was called "Defy+" as name, without the "+" all works well.
I guess the parsing of the fields is buggy.
I should be able to name it however I want, because this is just a personal name-field!

I had this + already earlier in unconscientious suspicion, but I didn't followed it, so silly I was.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: