Linksys E2500 keeps rebooting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
davidll1974
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:11    Post subject: Linksys E2500 keeps rebooting Reply with quote
I have just flushed my E2500 with dd-wrt.v24-18625_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini-e2500. It got into the rebooting cycle as mentioned in other thread. I had also done 30/30/30 but it didn't solve the problem.

Strangely enough, I detach everything from the router for an hour, and they it seems to work, i saw the dd-wrt webgui, i was able to change the user/name password. I was able to reboot the router within the webgui without a problem.

However, when i detach the power cable and plug it back in again, it seems to get into the rebooting cycle again....

Any advice?
Sponsor
Fractal
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:49    Post subject: Re: Linksys E2500 keeps rebooting Reply with quote
davidll1974 wrote:
I have just flushed my E2500 with dd-wrt.v24-18625_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini-e2500. It got into the rebooting cycle as mentioned in other thread. I had also done 30/30/30 but it didn't solve the problem.

Strangely enough, I detach everything from the router for an hour, and they it seems to work, i saw the dd-wrt webgui, i was able to change the user/name password. I was able to reboot the router within the webgui without a problem.

However, when i detach the power cable and plug it back in again, it seems to get into the rebooting cycle again....

Any advice?

Flash with the latest bin in the E2500 thread on page 9, that has the updated fixes.

-Fractal
z8491
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:58    Post subject: Re: Linksys E2500 keeps rebooting Reply with quote
davidll1974 wrote:

Any advice?

I have a problem
It got into the rebooting cycle as mentioned in other thread.
I just ask for help, tftp does not work, does not work 30/30/30
qu3becker
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 0:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have the same issue as z8491.

I'll try the same thing the OP did that got his temporarily working and than flash back the lastest Linksys firmware.
Fractal
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
qu3becker wrote:
I have the same issue as z8491.

I'll try the same thing the OP did that got his temporarily working and than flash back the lastest Linksys firmware.

You will need to recover via serial console.

Do not flash with bin on page 4, you need to use the one on page 9,

I am working on other builds as well.

-Fractal
z8491
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Fractal wrote:

You will need to recover via serial console.

-Fractal

instructions please
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: