AR670 not working in Repeater-Bridge with RT-N56U.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
crehder
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 15:40    Post subject: AR670 not working in Repeater-Bridge with RT-N56U. Reply with quote
my router:
Airlink101 AR670W
FCC ID: RRK-WRGN16
IC: 4833A-WRGN16
SN#:15050508289171

I bought an Airlink101 AR670W with the sole purpose of installing DD-WRT on it and using it as a repeater-bridge for my home audio/video system.

Firmware Versons I have tried: 14144, 14311, 16214, 14896. N-only and Open security on all. Version 14896 does not give accurate site survey anytime.

What I find so far:
Router in Repeater-bridge mode - No devices show in site survey. Client mode connects, repeater-bridge does not connect. When I "join", the router reverts back to the wireless setup page and client mode.
I've also tried WDS mode with no success. I can get the router to Client easily but I don't think Client will allow my devices to see LAN and internet so that doesn't help.

I have followed the instructions in these threads and many others to setup the router in Repeater-Bridge mode. I was not able to get the routers to associate or work
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=60458&highlight=wds
I also tried this method to get Repeater-Bridge mode to work as well.
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Repeater_Bridge

Can anybody walk me through getting my AR670 into a working Repeater-bridge? I've spent about 70 hours so far messing around with different settings/firmwares. I'm not a programmer but I will do whatever it takes including router commands if necessary.

I've seen several posts where people could not get this router to work in Repeater-Bridge mode so I'm hoping to figure it out and offer help with my solution. I'm willing to invest the time and effort necessary.
Sponsor
jorric
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:50    Post subject: Same problem Reply with quote
My airlink 101 ar670w only works in AP and Client Mode i've use build r13069 r15778
crehder
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 16:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
I read in a post regarding DIR-615 repeater-bridge that somebody else had success in adding a bridge to fix their problem. It was in regards to setting up DIR-615s.

In Version 16454 and probably many other versions, It appears that the DD-WRT dashboard thinks it has the bridge set up and shows the bridge but its not really bridged. I performed the following step on both routers (WDS on 2ea. AR670W): Setup => Networking => Assign to Bridge => Add => Select "br0", Interface "ra0" => Apply Settings".

This alleviated the need for the any extra VAPs.

I will also add that I was able to get WDS to work with the RT-N56U -AR670 but security had to be disabled. Perhaps if I had known about the bridging problem I would have been more successful in getting the AR670 to work on my network. Now I have given it to a friend.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: