Internet connection through PPTP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
the_seven
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 16:17    Post subject: Internet connection through PPTP Reply with quote
Hi,

I recently bought a WRTG54L because my old Netgear router didnt support QoS and already had a few malfunctions.
The QoS offered from the original linksys formware did not function, there was no real improvement compared to no QoS.
So i flashed dd-wrt NEWD_MINI build generic 12548 according to the instructions on http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linksys_WRT54GL. The first time i didnt do the second hard reset because in the instructions it said that if you want to keep mini you are done -> after the change password dialog didnt came i searched the wiki and found out that i had to do a second hard reset. The password change page came and i started configuring the internet connection.
I have a ADSL-Connection over normal telephone cable. My provider uses PPTP.
On the old firmware i had to configure:
username, password
Gateway: 10.0.0.138 (the ip assigned to the modem)
IP: 10.0.0.137 (i assumed that this is the ip of the router to modem interface)
And basically that was it and it worked.
On DD-WRT it was not so easy, i tried configuring like in attachment dd-wrt.png.
But this didnt work so i tried many variations (dhcp yes as i dont have i fixed wan-ip, but the i wasnt sure how the router configures the ip on the router-to-modem-interface) and after a few tries (and restarts) the router suddenly displays:
DHCP: No
Wan IP Adress: <an internet ip adress assigend dynamically from my provider>
Gateway: <another internet ip>
The problem is when the lease from my provider is renewed it stops working because the adress is no fixed as DHCP is set to No. But when i set DHCP to yes it doesnt work.
I didnt thought that the configuration is so much different from the other firmwares.
What did i wrong?

Thanks for your help

dd-wrt.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  43.22 KB
 Viewed:  2571 Time(s)

dd-wrt.PNG

Sponsor
derchris
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
Obviously you are missing the PPTP server IP here.
the_seven
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
But it is there:
Gateway: 10.0.0.138
I never had to configure any other gateway-IP than that.
The field Gateway(PPTP)Server doesnt seem to need an IP, as it is has not the style (1 textboxe instead of 4) like the other fields.
Despite of that should i fill in 10.0.0.138 in the Gateway(PPTP-Server) field?
Sorry if this seems a stupid question, but as i said configuring pptp on dd-wrt is quite different than on the vendor-firmwares of linksys or netgear which i used till now.
Thanks for your help
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: