The DD-WRT3700 Project

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
ehgpdantas
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 19:52    Post subject: Builds later than v17201 on WNDR3700 v2? Reply with quote
Hi,

I flashed my WNDR3700v2 through the regular process using the images provided and from stock fw 1.0.0.8. Everything went fine and I have v17201 build running on the device.

I am now trying to disable the web gui access through the WLAN and cannot find where to set up this functionality. In other DDWRT builds this functionality was under Wireless-->Advanced Settings-->Wireless GUI Access. On the build I flashed there is no <Advanced Settings> tab under <Wireless> but an [Advanced Settings] checkbox under <Basic Settings>. However the -Wireless GUI Access- feature is not there.

Are you aware if this feature was put somewhere else?

Thanks in advance.

Eduardo
Sponsor
Jonny_doe
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 20:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Has an-one tried Build 18687 , with a version 1 ???
just wondering if i should try and update or not

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 19:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Jonny_doe wrote:

yes, no problems here Smile

but TX POWER is only 17 dBm and I can't change !! Question Sad

tried everything ..
eweri
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 20:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
Someone tried with WNDR3700 V2?

Here is a bad result: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=152079&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=21

Anyone had luck with V2?
Graphite
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks Nat Mr. Green

I tried leaping in part way as I already had DD-WRT on my WNDR3700 v1 - but I got the blinking green power light syndrome... Embarassed

Followed your instructions to the letter Wink and it all worked fine Laughing

Thankyou so much for taking the time to write this walkthrough...

I look forward to the next recommended update to our systems Cool
swhetsel
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 23:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
Jonny_doe wrote:

I am using r18687 on my WNDR3700v1 and the only issue I had was with port forwarding. After I got all the ports set how I wanted them, I ran this command and all was well. Otherwise very nice.

iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -j MASQUERADE
odjazdowy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 21:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
hi guys
I need some dd-wrt for my wndr3700 v1 to be used as repeater bridge, I've check few verions already and it was no this option, /why?
Could someone give a link to any version suitable 4 wndr3700 v1 where will I have repeater bridge option?
many thanks
edit
I found info that is no repeater option on routers with this chip, however I should be able to use it as a repeater bby setting client mode with virtual network,
no matter how many times I've tried to set it, it doesn't work:(
My primary router is some cisco from upc, working in mixed mode, with WPA personal encryption
any ideas?
many thanks
Juggler
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm now running 18777 with a WNDR3700v1. I web-flashed from build 18024. Port forwarding worked "out of the box". I was hoping to see SNMP included, but still don't see it here.
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Juggler wrote:
I'm now running 18777 with a WNDR3700v1. I web-flashed from build 18024. Port forwarding worked "out of the box". I was hoping to see SNMP included, but still don't see it here.

This would depend, where are you looking for the option at, which webgui tab?

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
Juggler
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 14:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've looked through all of the web tabs; no mention if SNMP anywhere. Is it something I need to turn on through the CLI?
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 15:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
Juggler wrote:
I've looked through all of the web tabs; no mention if SNMP anywhere. Is it something I need to turn on through the CLI?

SNMP is a service and should therefore be found under the Services tab.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 17:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
Double-checked, no SNMP on the Services tab. The only services I see are:
- DHCP client
- DHCP server
- DNSMasq
- IP over DNS Tunneling
- PPPoE Relay
- SES / AOSS / EZ-SETUP / WPS Button
- Secure Shell
- System Log
- Telnet
- WAN Traffic Counter

Is anyone seeing different?[/list]
qrkourier
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 5:17    Post subject: WNDR3700v2 Reply with quote
The wiki for this model appears to be inaccurate, but I was able to flash the advertised "Web Flash BIN" (r31924) on the Netgear WNDR3700v2 with the steps below. The firmware build advertised in Router-Database (presently r21061) can not be flashed via the factory default firmware (Netgear v1.0.0.12). The non-viable firmware has filename wndr3700v2-factory_NA.img and is organized under the heading "Netgear WNDR3700 / WNDR37AV v2". Flashing with the prescribed steps in the wiki reliably produces a failure mode characterized by a blinking green power LED and continual boot loop. ICMP echos have TTL=64 indicating that something other than the bootloader is running (that would have TTL=100 according to another user), but no SYN-ACK is received when attempting to open TCP:80 to request http://192.168.1.1/.

1. Downgrade Netgear stock firmware to v1.0.0.12
  2. Flash an older, beta DD-WRT build specifically for revision 2 of this model by entering recovery mode and putting file wndr3700v2-factory_NA.img via TFTP as described in this wiki. It is possible that it would have also worked to flash this build via the Netgear firmware GUI, but I was already in the habit of using TFTP at this stage of troubleshooting.
  3. Perform the 30/30/30 reset described in the wiki
  4. Using the newly flashed DD-WRT GUI, upgrade the firmware again and select "After flashing, reset to: Don't reset" with the latest supported "Web Flash BIN" from the wiki.

GOTCHA: after flashing any firmware you must allow somewhere around five minutes for opaque internal processes to complete or you'll soft-brick the device. It can be restored by entering recovery mode and flashing again via TFTP.
JerDoggMcKoy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 21:28    Post subject: Help please :) Reply with quote
Noob, haven't been able to get into router after flashing through gui.

Started following these instructions precisely. Everything has worked as stated so far.

I've made it all the way to Step 5: The Waiting Game. I flashed using the TFTP, but the power led light remains orange after about an hour. Onve in a while all lights come on like it's installing or loading or resetting or something, but still never turns green.

Should i keep waiting?

Any advice is appreciated!
dwain_pipe
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 0:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry for reopening this old chain but I'm confused and am hoping for a bit of direction please.

I've got an old wndr3700 v1 with latest (but old) stock firmware.

I want to use this router as a repeater to my Linksys wrt3200acm, so understand I should flash to the right version, which I've downloaded.

Going through the stock firmware GUI I found error messages when using the wndr3700-webflash.bin or wndr3700-factory.img files.

Then I found info on TFTP for flashing from the stock firmware to a dd-wrt version. I've got TFTP running, with my laptop on a fixed IP, then I try to get the wndr3700 into recovery mode... but it doesn't want to know.

The power light goes from steady red to steady green... no flashing and no amber?????

I've tried the 30/30/30 but the same thing happens. Either a red (that turns green as the router boots) or green then then boots.

I get no reply (destination unreachable) when pinging 192.168.1.1 (although the default address for the router is 192.168.0.1, which gives General Failure).

If I try to flash with TFTP (to either address) it just waits for a bit that gives a failure error message.

I think the issue is I can't get it into recovery mode.

Again, this is a stock version 1 wndr3700.

Any advice appreciated, thank you.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 4
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: