Custom scripts to use WPS button as a WOL signal ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Stewox
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 22:35    Post subject: Custom scripts to use WPS button as a WOL signal ? Reply with quote
Is it possible to make a script that uses the WPS button to activate a scripted WOL (wake on lan) message to a LAN computer that is in sleep to wake it up.

If advanced things are possible then i would make the button to be multifunctional ... for example certain amount of seconds pressed makes a certain command.

But one thing bugs me ... do i have to disable WPS wireless radio off/on switch ... probably so to avoid any possible conficts.

The whole point is to wake a PC while i do not have physical access to the PC nor the other PC around the place - and temporarily not having my own pc since it's brokend down for upgrade (not anytime soon) - but i do have access to modem and router and samsung HDTV UE40D6570 also wii - which has ethernet and wireless capabilities and also have SAMYGO extension app on, but for latest D series theres no WOL app since it's a fairly new series ... but the same exact app exists for much older B series.

Hm totally recalled that i also have homebrew channel on the wii maybe i try finding a WOL app there, but i didn't notice it before.

Firmware: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (12/24/10) mega - build 15962
Model: Linksys WRT320N (EU)
Sponsor
slobodan
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 22:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
See http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=461176

Also, that's standard available in Tomato (the Toastman builds at least).

2 times RT-AC56U running DD-WRT 45493 (one as Gateway, the other as AP, both bridged with LAN cable)

3 times Asus RT-N16 shelved

E4200 V1 running freshtomato 2020.8 (bridged with LAN cable)

3 times Linksys WRT610N V2 converted to E3000 and 1 original E3000 running freshtomato 2020.8 (bridged with LAN cable)

Stewox
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
Great thanks for fast reply!

Only thing about scripts are they safe if they fail to run ... they won't brick the router right ? some safety measures
slobodan
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 16:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Stewox wrote:

Only thing about scripts are they safe if they fail to run ... they won't brick the router right ? some safety measures

First, you can analyze the script yourself and see if it does something wrong.

Second, bricking the router would happen if they erase the CFE, the firmware or write rubbish in the NVRAM or start programs which are incompatible with your router. As far as I saw in those scripts, they don't do that.

2 times RT-AC56U running DD-WRT 45493 (one as Gateway, the other as AP, both bridged with LAN cable)

3 times Asus RT-N16 shelved

E4200 V1 running freshtomato 2020.8 (bridged with LAN cable)

3 times Linksys WRT610N V2 converted to E3000 and 1 original E3000 running freshtomato 2020.8 (bridged with LAN cable)

Stewox
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 19:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
slobodan wrote:
Stewox wrote:

First, you can analyze the script yourself and see if it does something wrong.

Second, bricking the router would happen if they erase the CFE, the firmware or write rubbish in the NVRAM or start programs which are incompatible with your router. As far as I saw in those scripts, they don't do that.

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: