{NOW SUPPORTED} - Hardware Request (NETGEAR WNR2000 v2)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
haggismn
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 22:26    Post subject: Re: OpenVPN install Reply with quote
rlindsley wrote:

Thanks a lot for your help! It looks like there's no way to get openvpn on this router, unless somebody knows a trick Smile

Thanks!
Robert.

The files you are trying are quite old. You should just get the most recent one. I am using this file. Just flash the initial chk and then put this on and you're ready. I have 2 of these routers running remotely with identical configurations and they are excellent. The 300mhz CPU copes very well, 5mbps (max my DG834PN CPU can manage) gives about 50% usage according to top. Plan on getting more of these as they are easy to find 2nd hand.

Also I recommend using a tun interface and setting up a routed openvpn, it is slightly more difficult to set up but one there its a good bit faster than using the tap interface.

Also do a 30/30/30 after flashing. I had problems on both of mine where the nvram wasnt getting cleared properly.
Sponsor
sergoreg
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:37    Post subject: revert to stock Reply with quote
Can anybody post a file to revert to stock fw from
DD-WRT on Netgear WNR2000 v2, please?

BTW, does SIP ATA work with dd-wrt on this router?

==
Sorry, could not find 'search in this thread' function
in the forum, would be nice if admins add it.
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:07    Post subject: Re: revert to stock Reply with quote
sergoreg wrote:
Can anybody post a file to revert to stock fw

Try the netgear website. This forum software does not allow search threads, so the admins can't just add it.

LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
sergoreg
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 17:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think stock firware have to be modified
in order to be flashed via dd-wrt gui interface.
There is a thread with with revert to stock
images for TP-LINK

http://dd-wrt.ca/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=85237&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=135&sid=559a9e48b09ef857ab34db93bd6d5786

but for WNR2000v2 I only found a long way
via telnet.
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=78872
stevec5000
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:49    Post subject: Netgear WNR2000V3? Reply with quote
Is there a version of DD-WRT that works on the V3?
stamasd
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 14:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
I flashed the WNR2000v2 successfully using dd-wrt.v24-16785_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini-WNR2000v2.chk

However it is impossible to upgrade from that to any other later build. I have tried dd-wrt.v24-17201_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini-nv60k.bin and dd-wrt.v24-17598_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini.bin among others.

When I go to the firmware upgrade page, I select the file from my hard disk, select reset to defaults (or not, it doesn't matter because the same thing happens afterward), and start the upgrade. The 300s counter starts, but after 2 seconds the page resets and the upgrade fails.

I have waited over 30 minutes after the last successful upgrade (the initial flash), then done the 30/30/30 reset twice for good measure. I did several other 30/30/30 resets since, but I still can't upgrade the current firmware to any other build. I have used the same builds that other people in this thread have had success with, but I can't flash them.

Am I stuck with 16785 forever?
joecop67
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 15:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
deleted

Last edited by joecop67 on Wed Aug 29, 2012 23:55; edited 1 time in total
stamasd
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 16:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
joecop67 wrote:
Try a different browser. I always seem to have trouble with Firefox when upgrading so I use IE.

Wow! Incredible. You have actually found a use for IE. Very Happy

All joking aside, thank you - that worked. Running 18024-small-openvpn now.

It's funny, in all the years I've been running DD-WRT (6-7 or so) I've never run into a browser issue before for upgrading/flashing.
knownchild
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 19:55    Post subject: What versions are compatible? Reply with quote
When i search for dd-wrt compatible versions i only get one version, i need something with a hotspot portal that i can charge guests for; for free.
buntya
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 20:37    Post subject: What's latest build(mini .bin) file? Reply with quote
I have like a more then year old build and I feel like I should upgrade. I have this : dd-wrt.v24-14536_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini-WNR2000v2.chk. What is the latest .bin small file I should be using for upgrade?

Does this seem ok for upgrade?

dd-wrt.v24-18946_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini.bin
joecop67
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 21:08    Post subject: Re: What's latest build(mini .bin) file? Reply with quote
deleted

Last edited by joecop67 on Wed Aug 29, 2012 21:18; edited 1 time in total
buntya
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:53    Post subject: Re: What's latest build(mini .bin) file? Reply with quote
joecop67 wrote:
buntya wrote:
I have like a more then year old build and I feel like I should upgrade. I have this : dd-wrt.v24-14536_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini-WNR2000v2.chk. What is the latest .bin small file I should be using for upgrade?

Does this seem ok for upgrade?

dd-wrt.v24-18946_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini.bin

Are you having problems?

Big time. dd-wrt.v24-18946_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini.bin - bricked my router. Sad

Now back to initial flashing 16785 after I unbricked it.

Finally dd-wrt.v24-17598_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini.bin worked. I won't try an newer builds for now. Smile
joecop67
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
deleted

Last edited by joecop67 on Wed Aug 29, 2012 21:17; edited 1 time in total
jonathanm1978
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 3:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have several of these that I use (well, i've slowly had to replace / buy routers over the past 2 years that i have been using WNR2000 v2 for DD-WRT purposes)...

I started out with 3 of these as repeaters...1 at my home, repeating my DSL connection (using an Asus RT-N15 that was stock firmware, the WNR2000 was a repeater of the Asus wireless, used at my neighbors house about 100-150 yards away from my house to give him internet)...I had one that I used with a business customer, he runs a tax/pawn shop and acquires my services to fix his computers/fix network problems/and help with general PC issues..and a 3rd WNR2000 at this same customers other office that was used for a tax office as well..

I'm wondering, in my experience in using mostly DDWRT for repeating wireless signals, does this purpose have any detrimental effect on the wireless radios or chips/processor in the router itself? I ask this because I'm seeing a significant number of my repeaters that suddenly stop working, or slow down (internet speed) to a point where the internet barely works, or even times out when waiting for a page to load...but nothing changes on the network to cause the repeater to quit functioning. Normally, if the repeater loses the connection to the repeating device, it just loses it...it doesn't slowly get worse over time..

One of the repeaters at the business customers' place, i went and reset it to factory default, still had DDWRT, but was going to use it as just a router instead of using it as a repeater. I couldn't get the stupid thing to work as a regular router after it had been a repeater for over a year...I reset (30/30/30) and put all the stuff in the router for it to be an AP instead of Repeater Bridge....and it would never connect to the wireless...the wired connection would let me access the router, but no internet. And the router wasn't doing the PPPoE handshake..his DSL modem was...so it should've been no strain on the WNR2000 at all to just simply route internet traffic.

I just reloaded and backed down with firmware on the last WNR2000 that I have (the last one that I bought brand new with Broadcom chipset in it)...I had a newer 18647 loaded, but I backed off to an older version of DDWRT (still in the 18*** series) to see if this makes any difference.

I'm connected to it as I type, and using it as a repeater of my Buffalo HP-G300N wireless...and it's blazing...so I don't know for sure that I wasn't encountering software glitches instead of what I presumed to be hardware faults.

Also, I read somewhere when using a repeater that you sacrifice 1/2 the bandwidth, like 1/2 the download speed/upload speed to use the repeater..but I'm doing speedtests on this router and I'm hitting the same thing I hit when I'm connected straight to my Buffalo HP-G300N...

so does using a repeater cut the speed...or does it make a difference?
jonathanm1978
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 12:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anyone wanna take a whack at my questions above?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 24, 25, 26  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 17 of 26
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: