Asus RT-N13U B1 support

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
bintoito
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 16:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
hy all

i'm quite the noob but a few months back i somehow managed to get amitg0123 firm working on my b1.
Now i saw that build r18687 is out which natively supports usb pens/modems (?), so, this new build now has the same support as the one modded by our great contributor amitg?

another question: being on build v5, to flash this one, can i just go to admin tab and flash "d.bin" directly (6.45 MB) or do i have to use asus firmware restore utility again, and the all hocus-pocus 30.-30 reboot procedure?
sorry for the basic questions, but i really don't have much time to quest for the answers for myself rightnow(...), and every once in a while, the router has to be forced restarted...

if you could point me to a tutorial on what to do in my situation, it would be really great Wink

many thanks for your help,
best wishes
Sponsor
martyres
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 21:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've installed the latest oficial firmware build 18687, and I received this error:
--- /dev/sda
Block device, size 0 bytes
Status: Not mounted - Unsupported file system or disk not formated

I have 3 partitions on my pendrive, first and third with ext3, second with swap.

does anyone has some clue?
facsi
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 0:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
ext3 drivers are not included. Set Opt to ext2 and save the ext3 drivers there. Then mount partition 3 after opt is mounted.

EDIT:
Actually they are. I just flashed and could mount with ext3. But only using automount. Did the commands for mounting has changed in this newer version?

EDIT2:
Yeah, they changed. Its same as doing on ubuntu now.
jimmyok
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:18    Post subject: commands not working after installing optware Reply with quote
Hi

New to the forum but searched and didnt see an answer to this anywhere, i have the RT-N13u-B1, i installed amitgs firmware and have a usb hard disk connected formatted as per the wiki.

Unfortunately various commands sometimes work when logged in via ssh,

sort seems to be missing
chown is missing

ls throws errors about invalid arguments ( ls -l ), i have the latest build.

weird behavior all round.

DD-WRT v24-sp2 std (c) 2012 NewMedia-NET GmbH
Release: 03/15/12 (SVN revision: 18740)
Enhanced with OTRW
kioske
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:39    Post subject: Build 18777 fixes what for B1 Reply with quote
There's a new build 18777 ftp://dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2012/03-19-12-r18777/Asus-RTN13UB1/. And apparently it includes a Native USB Support fix (http://svn.dd-wrt.com:8000/ticket/2110#comment:13)

Can someone tell us what exactly this might have changed and make our lives easier for USB flash/hdd drive support?
facsi
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
Kioske, latest version is awsome! Thanks to amigtgsomething for his customs while the original firwmare was not fixed.

I was using amig version and updated to original via webbrowser. Its working fine. Most of usb drivers included. Im having trouble to mount the drives myself. Using automount is ok.
EXT2 and EXT3 both tested by me are fine.
It just dont handle swap.
But something has improved in this version because i use tranmission and there is 30mb of ram free while using it. Before there was almost none.
Also, 300Mbit wireless is fixed!

Im on 18740.
NorthFear
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
sooo..how should we mount the drives now..? simple mount -t ext2 /dev/sdaX /mountpoint doesn't work anymore Mad
facsi
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 18:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
automount works for me. Startup script mounts other partition with that command u said. I dunno why it works after...
bintoito
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 22:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
the other day i upgraded to the newest stock firmware (from amitg0123) and I lost the ability to access my usb fat32 pen. (never really understood why it worked 'cause it used to say - not mounted, even though it was..). anyway, since then it only detects the 16 GB pen, but not the fat32 drive, only a NTFS with a folder saying sda_part1, that apparently is empty, but this 20 MB partition is fully occupied...?!?

as i don't understand squat of programming, running scripts, etc. what should I do to "regain" access to the 16 GB pen and all the stuff in it?
Should I upgrade again with the newest amitg release?
Could you point me to a tutorial for the Asus webflash utility and the all 30-30 stuff that I think it's necessary to flash amitg's firm?

Many thanks to any kind soul who will help me Wink
facsi
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
there are no fat drivers. You can format one partition with ext2 and set as opt. Save your fat drivers there. Then after mounting opt you could mount fat.
Or just use ext2/3 instead of fat. There is a wiki page about this device. There you will find all necessary info. Search on google will be the first result on dd-wrt.ca
NorthFear
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
facsi wrote:
automount works for me. Startup script mounts other partition with that command u said. I dunno why it works after...
The stupid thing about it is that automounting works fine(at least for 1 of my partitions). But not manual mounting. And there's no way to find out why manual mounting isn't working for me (usb stick is ok. my gentoo mounts it perfectly)
srbellare
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
NorthFear wrote:
facsi wrote:
The stupid thing about it is that automounting works fine(at least for 1 of my partitions). But not manual mounting. And there's no way to find out why manual mounting isn't working for me (usb stick is ok. my gentoo mounts it perfectly)

You need to insert the module first, say ext2, then mount.

# insmod ext2
# mount blah blah

It seems the file system support is not built into the kernel like amitg's version but are available as modules.
NorthFear
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
srbellare wrote:

You need to insert the module first, say ext2, then mount.

# insmod ext2
# mount blah blah

It seems the file system support is not built into the kernel like amitg's version but are available as modules.
Thx for the tip. Really forgot about that one Smile
yutoon
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 18:31    Post subject: Mounting File System With Latest Firmware Reply with quote
Just checked in and finding some bad info here! Shocked

File System (FS) Mounting
Many of the driver files that anyone could want are included in the firmware! Very Happy

While it should be possible to let the partition(s) automount and then bind the system-given mount point(s) to whatever is desired (Ex. /opt), it is better (BEST) to:
    ¤ Disable Automatic Drive Mount (on Services | USB page), and
    ¤ Insert the modules and mount the drive(s) in the startup script.

For example, let's say the first partition (referenced in K2.6 builds as '/dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part1', now (K3.2) just '/dev/sda1') is to be mounted at /opt. The startup script (Administration | Commands, paste the following and then click Save Startup) could read:

Code:
sleep 15
cd /lib/modules/3.2.12-rc1-svn18774/kernel/fs
insmod jbd
insmod mbcache.ko
insmod ext3
sleep 10
mount -t ext3 -o noatime,nodiratime /dev/sda1 /opt

Done. The first partition should be accessible as normal.

See under subtitle 9 of Mount FS by Direct Access Method in the wiki for the list of modules needed for FAT and NTFS, and note:
    ¤ In the FW, the mbcache.ko file has the ".ko" extension; the others have none.
    ¤ Only one of three files needed for the FAT/32 FS is provided. (Haven't tried to mount one of these yet.)
    ¤ Among other driver files included are:
      btrfs
      cifs
      exportfs
      ext2
      ext3
      ext4
      fat
      fuse
      isofs
      udf
      xfs

Just to be clear, no access to external files is needed in order to mount at least some of these file systems. (Time to convert the v1 to a repeater.)

So a wiki update is in the works. But first, going to poke around with this thing and see what else has changed. (Only one item left with trouble: SSH.)

~u2n
alexchoi88
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 10:53    Post subject: help on repeater bridge Reply with quote
Need some urgent help on turning my RT-N13U B1 into a repeater bridge. I believed i have successfully flashed r18777 and have followed the steps in this wiki (http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Repeater_Bridge) up to point 8 (putting in ip address, mask and gateway, etc). The problem is that after I press save, and try to log back to the router at 192.168.1.2, I could not get into the router settings page. Browser simply showed an error page

I try to revert back to ASUS stock firmware, the asus recovery utilities said that my router is not in the rescue mode.

I believe my router is not yet bricked. I still can get connected to its wireless network.

Any suggestions are very welcome, either to revert back to stock firmware, or to locate the ip address of the router.

Alex
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21, 22, 23  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 15 of 23
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: