Cisco Valet M10 (ver1) test firmware

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Hellraz0r
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 14:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
I currently have a Cisco Valet M10 v1 running:
DD-WRT v24-sp2 (09/09/11) mini - build 17598M NEWD-2 K2.6 Eko

I'm looking for vpn support, could I load dd-wrt.v24-18777_NEWD-2_K2.6_openvpn_small.bin as it is only 3.3mb?
Sponsor
linuxdude2
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
yes
SoundChaser
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
oh! I'm looking to do that as well on my m20. If it works fine, can you report back to the forum please?

Thanks!
Hellraz0r
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 14:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
oh! I'm looking to do that as well on my m20. If it works fine, can you report back to the forum please?

Thanks!

A few clicks and it was done. Actually did it remotely through VNC.... was done in less than a minute and connected back to the comp I was controlling!

Now to set up some tunnels..
SoundChaser
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks Hellraz0r!
victorbones
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 19:07    Post subject: Success with ver 18777 Reply with quote
Just upgraded my M10 (v1) from 17790 to 18777 via the web GUI. (ftp://dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2012/03-19-12-r18777/broadcom_K26/dd-wrt.v24-18774_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini.bin)
It was a no-brainer and took about 2 minutes. I did NOT do a 30-30-30 reset. I haven't tested all functionality, but so far, everything seems to be working great.
(Side note: I did the same upgrade on my Netgear WNR2000 v2, also with success)
victorbones
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 16:59    Post subject: Valet M20 Reply with quote
Ordered a refurb Valet M20 from Newegg. I'll post the results after I flash with dd-wrt.
victorbones
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 17:02    Post subject: Valet M20 Success Reply with quote
Installed 18774 on to my refurb M20 (with the mini_M20 specific build) with great ease. Everything seems to be working correctly.
OwlSaver
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am new to dd-wrt. I have an M10 v1. So I:

Updated to the 2.0 Cisco Firmware
Installed the M10 Firmware
Updated to a newer version of dd-wrt

At this point, it was great but one thing I wanted was SNMP. So, I took the plunge and installed:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/others/eko/V24-K26/svn18946/dd-wrt.v24-18946_NEWD-2_K2.6_std_nokaid_small.bin

Everything went well and so far so good. This is more of an access point so I am not using all the features. But I like what I have seen so far.
gtaber
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
I got my Cisco Valet M10 v.1 (that I found on sale at walmart for $25, new) going with DD-wrt as follows:

All flashing done from web GUI
Flashed stock Firmware from Cisco Ver.2.0.03 (build 4)looks alot like the interface on early linksys routers,circa 1999
30/30/30 reset
Flashed ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/V24-K26/svn18946/dd-wrt.v24-18946_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini_m10.bin
wait 20 minutes
30/30/30 reset
Flashed ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/V24-K26/svn18946/dd-wrt.v24-18946_NEWD-2_K2.6_std_nokaid_small.bin
wait 20 minutes
30/30/30 reset
Configured as my primary internet router, WAN on a cable modem, firewall, and NAT. That is all working great, much faster than stock. Have not had a chance to test other features yet on this one, I have a TP-Link TL-WR841ND v.7 running as a client bridge on the same network, with ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2012/03-19-12-r18777/tplink_tl-wr841ndv7/factory-to-ddwrt.bin, which is DD-WRT v24-sp2 (03/19/12) std according to the GUI, but that goes in a different thread, and it's all working great for 2 days now. I hope this will help somebody out, cuz I had to do some digging to get these two routers going-OPS, notice I posted only results, not questions. Very Happy
Next project: upgrade Ubiquity picostation 2.

Edit:
I forgot the main reason I wrote this......I want to thank everyone here for all the help they have provided me-I couldn't have gotten anything working if it weren't for all the info I got lurking around this forum..... Very Happy

Last edited by gtaber on Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:59; edited 1 time in total
Smash1022
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 23:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
gtaber wrote:
I got my Cisco Valet M10 v.1 (that I found on sale at walmart for $25, new) going with DD-wrt as follows:

All flashing done from web GUI
Flashed stock Firmware from Cisco Ver.2.0.03 (build 4)looks alot like the interface on early linksys routers,circa 1999
30/30/30 reset
Flashed ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/V24-K26/svn18946/dd-wrt.v24-18946_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini_m10.bin
wait 20 minutes
30/30/30 reset
Flashed ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/V24-K26/svn18946/dd-wrt.v24-18946_NEWD-2_K2.6_std_nokaid_small.bin
wait 20 minutes
30/30/30 reset
Configured as my primary internet router, WAN on a cable modem, firewall, and NAT. That is all working great, much faster than stock. Have not had a chance to test other features yet on this one, I have a TP-Link TL-WR841ND v.7 running as a client bridge on the same network, with ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2012/03-19-12-r18777/tplink_tl-wr841ndv7/factory-to-ddwrt.bin, which is DD-WRT v24-sp2 (03/19/12) std according to the GUI, but that goes in a different thread, and it's all working great for 2 days now. I hope this will help somebody out, cuz I had to do some digging to get these two routers going-OPS, notice I posted only results, not questions. Very Happy
Next project: upgrade Ubiquity picostation 2.

Edit:
I forgot the main reason I wrote this......I want to thank everyone here for all the help they have provided me-I couldn't have gotten anything working if it weren't for all the info I got lurking around this forum..... Very Happy

Duplicated this on 3 of the M10's.
I want to test this with IPv6.
Can you suggest a stable build that has the IPv6 Tables (large) included? It would be neat to see if these will NAT public IPv6 to private and pull better security from it.
Smash1022
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 3:12    Post subject: Re: Tested with IPv6 Reply with quote
systemlordanubis wrote:
Hi All,

Just tested my Cisco/Linksys Valet M10 (v1.0) with DD-WRT v24-sp2 (12/24/10) std-nokaid-small and it's up and running no problems.

With a few script mods (below) I've got native IPv6 enabled for wireless and eth clients.

Admin > Management > IPv6 Support
IPv6 = Enable
Radvd = Enable
Radvd config:

Code:

interface br0 {
AdvSendAdvert on;
prefix ABCD:ABCD:1000:1::/64 {
AdvOnLink on;
AdvAutonomous on;
AdvRouterAddr on;
};
};

Replace the "ABCD:ABCD:1000:1::/64" with your own /64 subnet for the client side of the network.

Save the settings.

Then in:

Admin > Commands:

Put the below as the start-up script.

Code:

sleep 5
ip addr add ABCD:ABCD:0:1::5/64 dev vlan2
ip addr add ABCD:ABCD:1000:1::1/64 dev br0
ip -6 route add 0::/0 via ABCD:ABCD:0:1::1 dev vlan2
kill -HUP $(cat /var/run/radvd.pid)
radvd -C /tmp/radvd.conf

Replace the ABCD:ABCD:0:1::5/64 with the IP address for your WAN interface (in the Valet's your wan is vlan2 not vlan1 as most others).

Replace ABCD:ABCD:1000:1::1/64 with the IP for your LAN interface.

Replace ABCD:ABCD:0:1::1 with the IP of the default gateway on the WAN interface.

Save that as a 'Start Up Script', then reboot your router. Your clients should now have IPv6 enabled.

Important: There isn't any IPv6 firewall in this small build, so clients will need to be wary and have their own PC's firewall enabled. There also isn't anywhere to configure IPv6 DNS's (it needs another DHCP module for that) so your IPv4 dns's need to also be able to resolve v6 addresses for you.

Good luck.
Anubis.

Just wanted to update you on the correct IPv6 Private address Scope. Please attempt to refrain from using random prefix generation as its used might be reserved for other uses (ABCD:ABCD:0:1::5/64 - not sure what its reserved for but it could pose an issue if its some public scope) fc00::/7 is acceptable private prefix and could be used as fc00:0:0:1::5/64. If you have this working please update me as I am testing this now.

Code:
The concept of private networks and special address reservation for such networks has been carried over to the next generation of the Internet Protocol, IPv6.

The address block fc00::/7 has been reserved by IANA as described in RFC 4193. These addresses are called Unique Local Addresses (ULA). They are defined as being unicast in character and contain a 40-bit random number in the routing prefix to prevent collisions when two private networks are interconnected. Despite being inherently local in usage, the IPv6 address scope of unique local addresses is global.

A former standard proposed the use of so-called "site-local" addresses in the fec0::/10 range, but due to major concerns about scalability and the poor definition of what constitutes a site, its use has been deprecated since September 2004 by RFC 3879.

Source:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unique_local_address
g3p3nk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 15:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
hi,

i'm new to this forum..
i've been lurking on this forum for the past week to flash my cisco valet m10 v1.

yesterday i finally gained enough confidence to flash the router.
it had v1.0.0 stock firmware from cisco.
i didn't upgrade the stock firmware, and went directly with dd-wrt.v24-18946_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini_m10.bin

-) 30/30/30 reset
-) upload .bin
-) wait 5min before clicking continue (is what the installation page says to do)
-) wait for another 20min (power still on)
-) another 30/30/30 reset

those are all the steps i took.
it worked fine up to that point.
plug in cable (from modem) into WAN port.
plug in cable from LAN port to my pc, i can access internet (yay!)

now, problem comes with the WAP..
all i want is to set this router to be the central access point for internet that is connect to the modem right away..

i tried to set my WAP to be the same as my old router (which is dlink that is not compatible with dd-wrt), same SSID, same channel, same encryption, same pw.
result: my netbook was able to detect the network and tried to connect automatically, but couldn't connect to the internet at all (saying unidentified network).

so i tried another way, i reset everything to factory default (through web gui), change ssid name to something new, put in same encryption, different password.
result: netbook was able to detect, punch in the new password, client accepted the pw, and still, unidentified network..

this time around, i tried to reset again through web gui, and tried to connect right away with my netbook..
result: netbook was able to detect (dd-wrt as default ssid), but was asking for a password (which was not even set yet).. my netbook even said this is unsecured network..

anybody can help me with this?
what could that non-existent password be?

i don't think it has something to do with the old MAC addr, since i tried my client to set up new connection..
i also don't think it's from ISP, because otherwise i wouldn't be able to connect to internet from my pc (which is on LAN cable).

===== EDIT =====
since nobody had replied anyways, i thought i'd just edit the post..
in the end, i reflashed my router to
dd-wrt.v24-18946_NEWD-2_K2.6_std_nokaid_small.bin

it is working under WAP2-AES, but will not work on WEP.
it keeps saying mismatch password..
although i would still prefer WEP, so i can connect my older devices, but i guess WEP isn't supported yet on this build..
linuxdude2
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
g3p3nk wrote:
hi,

i'm new to this forum..
i've been lurking on this forum for the past week to flash my cisco valet m10 v1.

yesterday i finally gained enough confidence to flash the router.
it had v1.0.0 stock firmware from cisco.
i didn't upgrade the stock firmware, and went directly with dd-wrt.v24-18946_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini_m10.bin

-) 30/30/30 reset
-) upload .bin
-) wait 5min before clicking continue (is what the installation page says to do)
-) wait for another 20min (power still on)
-) another 30/30/30 reset

those are all the steps i took.
it worked fine up to that point.
plug in cable (from modem) into WAN port.
plug in cable from LAN port to my pc, i can access internet (yay!)

now, problem comes with the WAP..
all i want is to set this router to be the central access point for internet that is connect to the modem right away..

i tried to set my WAP to be the same as my old router (which is dlink that is not compatible with dd-wrt), same SSID, same channel, same encryption, same pw.
result: my netbook was able to detect the network and tried to connect automatically, but couldn't connect to the internet at all (saying unidentified network).

so i tried another way, i reset everything to factory default (through web gui), change ssid name to something new, put in same encryption, different password.
result: netbook was able to detect, punch in the new password, client accepted the pw, and still, unidentified network..

this time around, i tried to reset again through web gui, and tried to connect right away with my netbook..
result: netbook was able to detect (dd-wrt as default ssid), but was asking for a password (which was not even set yet).. my netbook even said this is unsecured network..

anybody can help me with this?
what could that non-existent password be?

i don't think it has something to do with the old MAC addr, since i tried my client to set up new connection..
i also don't think it's from ISP, because otherwise i wouldn't be able to connect to internet from my pc (which is on LAN cable).

===== EDIT =====
since nobody had replied anyways, i thought i'd just edit the post..
in the end, i reflashed my router to
dd-wrt.v24-18946_NEWD-2_K2.6_std_nokaid_small.bin

it is working under WAP2-AES, but will not work on WEP.
it keeps saying mismatch password..
although i would still prefer WEP, so i can connect my older devices, but i guess WEP isn't supported yet on this build..

That build must be broken

Try:
15962 or

Those build are stable
They will have the loopback bug
Find the thread for loopback bug and do as it says

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=89353
g3p3nk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 14:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
PCFreak2 wrote:
That build must be broken

Try:
15962 or

Those build are stable
They will have the loopback bug
Find the thread for loopback bug and do as it says

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=89353

cool! i have them noted.
from the patch thread, it seems like it will be just a simple copy and paste..
i'll read the whole thing first.
thanks for the recommendation!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 6 of 10
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: