Revert DIR 615 E3 Factory help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
niKon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 20:03    Post subject: Revert DIR 615 E3 Factory help Reply with quote
Trying to Revert back to Factory firmware tried to restore the Shipping firmware of 1.00 stayed there loading for over 30 mins and never did anything.

So i tried using the firmware for the router which is the E3 firmware DIR615_revE_FW_510NA.bin its telling me Incorrect Hardware ID image Please Check.

Any idea why i can't factory restore from DDWRT back to factory?

The router is a D-Link DIR 615 E3 F/W Ver: 5.10 but when i go to the 192.168.0.1 and try to upload that firmware version i downloaded from dlink it gives that Incorrect Hardware ID image.
Sponsor
joecop67
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 20:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
This is how I got the stock firmware back on my dir-615.
http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=15521.0

I followed those steps but with the appropriate firmware.

Last edited by joecop67 on Sun Apr 01, 2012 21:08; edited 1 time in total
niKon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 21:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
joecop67 wrote:
This is how I got the stick firmware back on my dir-615.
http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=15521.0

I followed those steps but with the appropriate firmware.

You my good friend have been great help thank you much got it factory restored !

Looks like Google Chrome and IE don't work simply downloaded Firefox and the bin file from that topic you gave me and it restored my dlink 615 E3 F/W 5.10 back router is working fine thanks again man!
greilark
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've tried everything. I cannot even change my version on my dd-wrt and I am at a loss. I've spent countless hours trying to figure it out and still coming up with nothing. I want to go back to stock to see if there is something wrong with my router, however it keeps hanging or failing. I don't know what I am doing wrong. I cannot downgrade either on versions that seem like they are better or more stable than the one I am using now.
Help?

Firmware: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (06/23/14) std
Time: 06:53:33 up 4 min, load average: 0.24, 0.12, 0.05
WAN IP: 76.115.18.164

Thank you!

UPDATE *** I managed to get my router working. I set the channel mode to Auto from my channel 11 selection. Seemed to fix everything. I don't know why. I still cannot update the router for whatever reason, or roll it back, but I guess it is working now so I'm going to leave it alone after the recent update. Hopefully it holds itself true and won't have anymore issues...

Ahhh. Thanks Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: