Non-bricked WAP54G v3 Unreachable.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
laurensdejong
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:17    Post subject: Non-bricked WAP54G v3 Unreachable. Reply with quote
My WAP54G v3 has been successfully running dd-wrt for some time now. I decided to make some changes, and somehow I made two crucial mistakes:

1. I must have forgotten to nvram wapver=3 after the last 30/30/30 reset.
2. I messed up a static route.

When 2) happened, I couldn't reach my router anymore by IP address. And I assume 1) happened as there is no amount of 30/30/30 resetting that brings it back to the default IP address.

Now, strangely, everything else is still working. I'm connected to the router right now. So it's not bricked, and I don't want to do anything drastic yet. There must be hope, right?

The WAP54G is running as a repeater bridge, and the base router reports its MAC address as an active client, but without an IP address. The base is 192.168.1.251, the WAP54G was 192.168.1.253, and the computer I'm on right now is 192.168.1.10. I'm thinking, all I have to do is tell someone in this chain that WAP54G is 192.168.1.253 and I'm back in business. But how? I have no idea, mostly because I'm baffled -- I can get from 192.168.1.251 to 192.168.1.10 through this WAP54G, but it has no IP address itself?

So, is there anything I can do before I JTAG the thing? Thanks!
Sponsor
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Read the wiki guide for that router. You might try setting a static IP, but Redhawk has a possible solution in the wiki.
LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
laurensdejong
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Murrkf wrote:
Read the wiki guide for that router. You might try setting a static IP, but Redhawk has a possible solution in the wiki.

You mean the tftp solution? I've done that in the past with this router. I'm capable of bricking the router doing that -- is there anything safer?

I tried netsh to "set neighbor 192.168.1.253 <mac-address>" and arp -a confirms, but I still can't ping (let alone telnet).

ADDED: Actually, if I can't get arp to behave, tftp won't work, either, will it?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: