dd-wrt r16994 loaded on Asus RT-N13U bridge mode

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
aardvarkeng
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:42    Post subject: dd-wrt r16994 loaded on Asus RT-N13U bridge mode Reply with quote
I have what I think is a strange problem. I loaded the r16994 on an RT-N13U router that I had working as a wireless bridge connected wirelessly to a Verizon Actiontec Wireless router.

The firmware load went very smooth thanks to the WIKI. I, however am having problems with the bridge functionality. I setup as per the instructions in the WIKI for bridge repeater mode. If I am plugged into (wired) the Asus I can see the gateway, as well as the rest of the internal network (on the other side of the bridge. I can even print to a network printer. However I cannot access the internet (outside).

I am thinking it must be a setting in eith of the routers, but thinking it must be the Asus as this is the only piece of the link that has changed.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Sponsor
aardvarkeng
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 14:53    Post subject: Clarification Reply with quote
Let me clarify to possibly get some assistance.

I have success in creating a repeater bridge using the DD-WRT loaded on the Asus RT-N13U. The Asus is bridged to the FiOS Actiontec router. I know this as I can print to network printers, stream media, etc... The only issue I have is the ability to access the internet (get outside of the network).

Is there a setting within the Actiontec to bridge the wireless AP to the outside?

My hair pulling has been mainly because I had a successful wireless bridge using the same stock Asus router. The problem was intermittent disconnects.

Thanks in advance...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: