DIR-300 wireless modes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
rema
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 19:17    Post subject: DIR-300 wireless modes Reply with quote
Hi,

i've been struggling for hours now trying to run my D-link dir300 (rev B1 / Ralink based) as a repeater (or at least as a Client).

So the question is simple: will my device provide such a service, or it can only run as AP ?
(or, and I hope this is the case, I'm just doing it the wrong way :p)

I'm running this version of the firmware, found on this thread: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=57606
Sponsor
rema
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
and another question: is it normal that I don't have the "Client Bridge" mode displaying ?
not that I particulary want to set this one but I'm wondering because I see it in many tutorials.

I have these:

- AP
- Client
- Adhoc
- Repeater
- Repeater Bridge
DoesItMatter
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think any of the RaLink chipset based routers don't currently have client bridge mode.

I use repeater bridge on my WHR-G300N (RaLink) chipset based

From other posts, what you're possbily able to do is hookup the router as a client,
and then setup a virtual access point.

Lookup the tutorials for Repeater Bridge, pretty easy to setup and works well.

Linksys EA8500 - OpenWRT IPQ806x Trunk R16375 5.4 Kernel

TP-Link Archer C7 V3 - OpenWRT Build R16290 5.4 Kernel
Linksys E3000 - FreshTomato Build MIPSR2 2021.2
ppeter
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:26    Post subject: wl client mode settings question.. Reply with quote
Hello,

I configured my dir-300b1 as a wireless client, and it works fine, but there is a setting that makes no sense for me at least for the first sight: on the wireless tab, if I select client mode and unbridged, an IP address and a netmask must (?) be supplied, that doesn't seem to me to have any effect. Can someone pls. explain me the meaning of this IP ?

Another question : is it functional if I select "bridged" mode on this tab ? To be honest I did not try it as I've read that the ralink chipset does not support client bridge mode.

Thanks in advance,
Peter
ppeter
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 13:56    Post subject: Re: wl client mode settings question.. Reply with quote
any hint please ?
npaisnel
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ream
I am totally new to this as well, have had a pair of these Dir 300b 1 versions for a few days now

But Client Bridge is not available, only Client or Repeater or Repeater Bridge.

I got a bridge working for a day with mine, then the LAN ports all died. I cna access it via WiFi but no LAN connection, Can't even access teh Emergency Room restore function

I have a second one, but that is flaky in similar ways.

I was given a third one too, but I am not going to bother with it..this hardware just seems very prone to failure.

Do Like i am going to do, find another unit, these seem very un reliable.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: