DD-WRT on Belkin F5D8235-4 v2 (N+)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
homestead_us
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 14:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is it safe to say that I cant jsut take this router and smash it to pieces since we cant get anything done for it?
I was one of the unfortunate ones who flashed it, and it didnt work correctly. Then after I flashed it back to the original firmware, its never worked the same. It always drops connections when it feels like it and can be a pain in getting it to connect back to internet for some reason. I don't know what happened but it has affected it permanently.
Sponsor
Blake7
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 0:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
Iam currently using r16785 and it seems quite stable.
Is it just me but is the wifi throughput abit too low, also has anyone tried the latest r18687
j0hnnyr0tten
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 16:59    Post subject: 03-08-12-r18687 works! Reply with quote
I can confirm the 03-08-12-r18687 firmware works on this router. I have had it up and running for 3 days without any reboots. So its the best of the new firmwares. I always had issues with rebooting after the 16785 build. The throughput seems about the same as the previous firmwares. There is a newer firmware released today (3-18-12) so i will check that out too. Finally, this firmware has gotten better for our routers; THANKS Brainslayer!! Now i can dust of my other one and use it as a repeater.

Last edited by j0hnnyr0tten on Tue Apr 03, 2012 15:56; edited 1 time in total
vjackoza
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 22:41    Post subject: Any other ideas to get WAN PPPOE working? Reply with quote
Tested all the 2012 versions... PPPOE still not working Sad
Still hopeful though... Anyone else having any luck with this?
PS. tried all suggestions listed in this thread, br0 setting works... just don't reset the router afterwards. :/

Kudos to the Slayer of Brains for getting this far though!

Holding thumbs for a PPPOE solution soon...
Blake7
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 15:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
Tried 18740 and seems as good as r16785.
Also had a mess with gpio,

gpio disable 5 blue internet
gpio disable 6
gpio disable 9 blue router
gpio disable 13 blue security
gpio enable 13 security off
gpio disable 22 blue storage off
gpio enable 23 amber storage
gpio enable 22 blue storage
gpio enable 11 blue modem off
gpio disable 11 blue modem
Hambone68
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 18:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
Does anyone know if the newest build supports the 8366SR chipset yet? Has anyone tried it?
sonikki
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just wanna report that also the v2034ed seems to work like a charm. I don´t use PPPOE so I don´t know that but everything else has been working nicely so far Very Happy Thanks for the developers once again, I love u guys (not in that way) Laughing
rickg8
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 22:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
Been trying this the last few days. Works fine, tried the version on this thread and also the latest version posted on FTP. Only problem is that if you turn logging on, high, the cpu load on the router increases over time until it hits 100%, eventually becomes unresponsive you have to reboot it. If I turn off logging, it works reliably.

Unfortunately, I installed DD-WRT to get Wallwatcher working, so this router heads for the bin... Confused
kb0n
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 23:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
Finally! I remember when I got this device over a year ago, frustated about the Belkin interface and disappointed that this thread appeared to be dead ^^

I tried latest version (03-19-12-r18777) on v2000 router, and it works like a charm!
Haven't teste PPPoE though, as I use it as a bridge.

I was just disappointed that there is no "Client Bridge" mode, especially when the more complex "Repeater Bridge" is provided, but I found a workaround.
Just make configurations for "Repeater Bridge" mode as described in the wiki (virtual interfaces are optional). Then, in order to prevent your client to connect to Belkin instead of the 1st Router (repeater mode works exceptionally well), simply hide the SSID in wireless settings. Surprisingly it works, and behaves the same way a "Client Bridge" would do. WLAN clients won't connect to Belkin (thus not reducing bandwith due to repater), only LAN clients accepted (with full bandwidth).
hunter99507
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 19:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
So I would like to flash DD wrt to my router. Where can I go to find instructions on how to flash ddwrt? Is it as simple as loading up the belkin GUI and upgrading to " original-to-dd-wrt.bin " and then once that loads open the ddwrt GUI and upgrade to " Belkin-F5D8235-4v2-webflash.bin " firmware?

Also another question is there a way to revert from ddwrt to belkin firmware?
deansouth8
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
hunter99507 wrote:
So I would like to flash DD wrt to my router. Where can I go to find instructions on how to flash ddwrt? Is it as simple as loading up the belkin GUI and upgrading to " original-to-dd-wrt.bin " and then once that loads open the ddwrt GUI and upgrade to " Belkin-F5D8235-4v2-webflash.bin " firmware?

Also another question is there a way to revert from ddwrt to belkin firmware?

Hopefully I can save some folks some time here...

How to install BrainSlayer's DD-WRT firmware for the Belkin F5D8235-4 v2.

Download here Belkin web GUI flash original-to-dd-wrt.bin if you don't have dd-wrt on there already.

ftp://dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2011/02-17-11-r16214/Belkin-F5D8235-4_v2/

Future updates with in DD-WRT with the other download only!

How to revert DD-WRT on Belkin F5D8235-4 v2.

(Note to noobs: you have to have log onto the forums to download. Otherwise you just wont see it. #$%@*%!!)

Look at post by LOM on this thread on page 7 and download LOM's f5d8235v2_webrevert.rar file.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=53235&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=90

Web GUI flash Lom's download in DD-WRT & yer back again.

That is what it's like as of now and they post a lot of disclaimers. I did it just fine and I'm back to OEM firmware.

Thanks BrainSlayer!
Thanks LOM!
Your work is appreciated.
hunter99507
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the help. I sucessfuly put DD wrt on my router. I have a couple of issues though.

The first is there is no option for client bridge. Is that because the router currently doesn't support it?

Also I followed the tutorial of how to set up a repeater bridge but when I got to site survey to find my router nothing was there. Its weird because if I put the router in client mode it sees all the access points. Am I doing something wrong or is that another bug in the belkin firmware?

Thank you
butain
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 22:07    Post subject: 2133 Reply with quote
Yet another person here with a 2133 SR chip. Would love to see a firmware with the drivers for this lan to be implemented. Thank you.
SpeedFreakDad
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 8:38    Post subject: F5D8235-4 v2000 Reply with quote
I have a question, maybe a stupid one. I have been using dd-wrt on other routers in the past from D-Link and Linksys, but never a Belkin.

I have a the above model at home, purchsed for the USB functionality, which really works even with a USB Hub and multiple hard drives attached.

I am though getting some very poor wifi performance, granted some for the usual reasons of traffic saturation and I plan to go knocking on my neighbours doors and getting them to reconfigure so we can spread the channel usage as well as possible.

My hope is however that by switching to dd-wrt I can have more control over the wifi settings on the router as the Belkin interface is pants.

edit: It is aldo important for me that the gigabit LAN works as I have cables running all over the house, I have been under the floors and all over, to limit the use of wireless to the Wii, 3xlaptops and mobile phones. everything else, blu ray, tivo, xbox, pc, tv all use hard lan.

If anyone can help what I need to know is :
a will it work? and
b what version is best for this router and where to download it.

Cheers
wildcheese
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 7:51    Post subject: Re: F5D8235-4 v2000 Reply with quote
SpeedFreakDad wrote:
I have a question, maybe a stupid one.

(cut)

If anyone can help what I need to know is :
a will it work? and
b what version is best for this router and where to download it.

Cheers

a : you can only find that out by opening the router and see which chip is in there. if u see sr...it doesnt work. Alternatively you can try and error or succeed. Im running for a couple of months dd-wrt. its more the increased possibilities what is great. you can increase wifi power but with me that doesnt improve coverage.

b: go to download,find eko and then brainslayer. there are links in this form too.

If it works on your device i would install it cause it much better then the stock firmware. But the hardware stays the same. In general my Belkin has a great wifi coverage btw.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 26, 27, 28  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 20 of 28
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: