Keebox W150 support

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
cminyard
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 21:08    Post subject: Keebox W150 support Reply with quote
The Fry's by me has a bunch of Keebox W150 devices for $25. And they have a removable antenna with a standard connector. From the pictures in the FCC filing it appears to have an R3050 chip, so it might be supportable by dd-wrt. I couldn't get a good view of the FLASH or RAM chip, though.

Anybody have any info on this? I searched and I couldn't find anything.

-corey
Sponsor
cminyard
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 12:44    Post subject: Re: Keebox W150 support Reply with quote
I went ahead and bought one of the keebox routers. It has 4MB flash and 32MB of RAM and a R3050, so it's certainly feasible to get support for this router. There is a header with 4 pins, one obviously ground, one looks like power. I'm guessing it's a serial port, time to get the scope out and check it out. Maybe tonight.

No obvious jtag jumper, unfortunately.
cminyard
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 12:52    Post subject: Re: Keebox W150 support Reply with quote
Well, with a little poking around, I found that this appears to be the same as a D-Link DIR-300vB. The board looks exactly the same. Since there is support for that already, it looks promising.
cminyard
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 1:03    Post subject: Re: Keebox W150 support Reply with quote
I was able to flash the device using "Emergency Room Web Interface" as described on the dir-300vB web page.

Note that, at least for me, the IP address of the Keebox from the factory was 192.168.10.1, not 192.168.0.1. Beyond that, everything else was the same.

I could not flash using the standard interface; it wouldn't take the image. Probably some magic number in the header that didn't match.
Cholly
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:29    Post subject: Confirming that this method worked for me Reply with quote
Grab the 2 bin files for the D-Link DIR-300 version B. On the emergency page load the bin with "factory" in the name, once you've got a dd-wrt interface, flash the second bin file. Nice little router once it has dd-wrt firmware on it.

I did have to use the 192.168.10.1 address for the "factory" flash but the normal dd-wrt 192.168.1.1 worked after that initial flash.

Thanks cminyard!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: