Reset Cable Modem from HTTP

muntja
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:33    Post subject: Reset Cable Modem from HTTP Reply with quote
Please forgive me - first time I've posted here; I've searched on google for this over the past year or so but now I want to get serious with it. I just searched on google and this forum for about 2 hours... couldn't find really what I was looking for, maybe I'm just searching wrong.

My problem - I have Charter in the United States - which is a Cable internet based system. My internet comes in through Cable to a Cable Modem, which is then hooked up to my router (running DD-WRT v24-sp2) through ethernet;

I'm looking to Change my IP automatically without having to physically reboot my modem/router; In the past to change IP i just change the mac address on the router, save, and then power cycle both devices. This method works fine - but the downside is that I physically have to power cycle. The way my setup is (with how the cable was run) is that it is very difficult to do this time and time again.

If I change the MAC on the router and use the reboot router function - my IP never changes because the modem needs to reboot as well;

I've read of ways to do this but they are all overly complex and are years old (such as setting up a linux box that is connected to an old lamp to power cycle....); Is there just a simple way to reset both my modem and router from a web interface after I change the MAC so that I get a new IP?

Again, please forgive me for asking this on a first post... I have searched and just cannot find anything. If I had DSL this would be simple... but since it's Cable I'm having a rough time.
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: