Synchonize DHCP leases from a CSV-file to a dd-wrt router

dkuenzel
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 22:51    Post subject: Synchonize DHCP leases from a CSV-file to a dd-wrt router Reply with quote
Hello Folks!

First I would like to thank the Forum for the numerous suggestions in learning how to work with my dd-wrt router (wrt54). There are a lot of valuable Threads here!

I thought it would be time now to return something to the community and maybe help some people out there simplifying their management of the dd-wrt router. Smile

My Quest:
Since I manage my DHCP-leases and MAC-adresses in a OpenOffice Table I tried to find an easy way to synchronize that table with the router's nvram. It should prevent me from entering all the data manually into the dd-wrt's gui. Additionally it should synchonize my MAC-Adress filter with the Table, so that new Adresses are added to the Filter, and unused ones are removed.

My Solution:
I found it to be comfortable to export an CSV-file from my OpenOffice table, which then could be parsed into the router's nvram by an BaSH script.
The creation/activation of the MAC-filter is optional, so the script can also be used if only IP-leases should be transfered to the router.
It doesn't matter if you use OpenOffice for IP-adress organizing, the only thing that is important is, that the resulting CSV-file is in the right format

Usage
Syntax:
wrt-leases+macs.sh CSVFILE ROUTERIP

The CSV-File's tuples should be in the following format:
Code:
"MAC=NAME=IP",VLAN

--> Starting with build 13832 the format has changed to the following:
Code:
"MAC=NAME=IP=LEASETIME",VLAN

MAC = MAC-Adress of device
NAME = System Name of Device (be careful, don't use special characters, etc.)
IP = DHCP IP-adress for the Device
>>>OPTIONAL<<<
VLAN = If number equals MACFILTER variable, include the MAC-adress in the MAC filter.
This is thought to automate the process of adding devices in a WLAN-VLAN to the Mac filter List. By default the tuple's MAC-adresses with VLAN=2 are added to the MAC filter list. If there are no matches or the parameter is empty no MAC-list is transfered to the router.

Example (With VLAN parameter):
Code:
"02:41:E3:5D:66:D7=testdevice=192.168.1.7",2

Example (Without VLAN parameter):
Code:
"02:41:E3:5D:66:D7=testdevice=192.168.1.7"

I added the script, an example OpenOffice-table and an example CSV-file to this post.
To get the CSV from the OpenOffice-table you have to save the sheet "leases.csv" to an CSV-file.
The default number of the VLANs which should be added to the MAC-filter, by default the router is configured to allow only IPs in the list. The options can be customized in the script.

Defaults:
VLAN=2
wl0_macmode="allow"
wl0_macmode1="other"

If you have annotations to my approach or find any bugs in this script, I would be greatful to discuss them.

Kind regards,

David

EDIT 05.05.2011: Fixed a Bug in the Script and simplyfied the Process a bit. Uploaded a new version of the script.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Contributions Upload All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: