Asus RT-N13U B1 mod (r19519)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
japeter
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:07    Post subject: Cannot flash firmware via Asus firmware restoration utility Reply with quote
Hello, when I tried to upload this custom build to my Asus RT N13U B1, router disconnect after sending about 20% of firmware file. On router is original 18777 build. I make firmware uploading in restoration mode, via connected LAN port.

Any ideas ?
Thank you very much
Sponsor
AZERTY123
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
0. Read the wiki carefully.
1. Disable windows (or any other) firewall.
2. if fails use win xp rather than vista/7.
3. Still fails try holding reset button till flash completes (if stock to dd-wrt).
Kakao
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 13:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
This is just a Thank You!!!

DD-WRT turned my unreliable toy router, a rt-n13ub1, into a serious network equipment.
dandy_c
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:04    Post subject: WAN IP 0.0.0.0 Reply with quote
Hi amitg0123,
I'm using your latest mod (r18777) for RT-N13U B1.
Previously I'm using factory firmware v2.0.2.0.
The flash procedure run smoothly and the router is up in no time.
At first, the WAN IP is 0.0.0.0 ...Then I restart both cable modem and router. The router then detected the internet and everything runs OK.

But after several hours, the WAN IP is back to 0.0.0.0...
I tried to reset the modem and router and power it back in several order combination...but the WAN IP is back to 0.0.0.0

I already tried to connect the modem directly to my PC...the internet was connected and working fine..But somehow when its connected to my router, the internet was not detected.

Kindly advise/help on this.
Thank you
facsi
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 19:48    Post subject: Re: WAN IP 0.0.0.0 Reply with quote
dandy_c wrote:
Hi amitg0123,
I'm using your latest mod (r18777) for RT-N13U B1.
Previously I'm using factory firmware v2.0.2.0.
The flash procedure run smoothly and the router is up in no time.
At first, the WAN IP is 0.0.0.0 ...Then I restart both cable modem and router. The router then detected the internet and everything runs OK.

But after several hours, the WAN IP is back to 0.0.0.0...
I tried to reset the modem and router and power it back in several order combination...but the WAN IP is back to 0.0.0.0

I already tried to connect the modem directly to my PC...the internet was connected and working fine..But somehow when its connected to my router, the internet was not detected.

Kindly advise/help on this.
Thank you

Lol. An USB problem!

You need to set your WAN connection type. If its set to auto, your modem/router is not sending dhcp info to dd-wrt router.
LesterZhang
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 20:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
HI,

I am very new to flashing DD-WRT. I wish someone can point me to the right direction. I mainly want to use my RT-N13U/B1 as a printer server running under repeater or AP mode since I have some problem with my brother DCP-7020 printer with the stock firmware. I am not sure if it due to the firmware or the driver. It prints fine if I connect the printer to my PC directly, but if I connect the printer to the router, it prints the test page but with a horizontal black strip in the middle of the page. If I print it from a application, such as Adobe, it is not printing or printing wrongly. I am not sure flashing the DD-WRT firmware will solve my problem, but I am willing to try. So the question is the following:

-- Which firmware should I use, the original DD-WRT or the mod version?
--- Do I need to manually turn on the printer server after the flash or it is already turned on by default?

Thanks,
AbsMan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi

i'm successfully install this mod to D-Link DIR-620, but still have problem with swap support.

It's says that built-in busybox doesn`t have swap support and i must use optware. But when i try to mount swap partion (/opt/bin/busybox swapon etc...) it's say swapon applet not found.

What i'm doing wrong? Found no info on wiki about this.
LesterZhang
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 13:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
LesterZhang wrote:
HI,

I am very new to flashing DD-WRT. I wish someone can point me to the right direction. I mainly want to use my RT-N13U/B1 as a printer server running under repeater or AP mode since I have some problem with my brother DCP-7020 printer with the stock firmware. I am not sure if it due to the firmware or the driver. It prints fine if I connect the printer to my PC directly, but if I connect the printer to the router, it prints the test page but with a horizontal black strip in the middle of the page. If I print it from a application, such as Adobe, it is not printing or printing wrongly. I am not sure flashing the DD-WRT firmware will solve my problem, but I am willing to try. So the question is the following:

-- Which firmware should I use, the original DD-WRT or the mod version?
--- Do I need to manually turn on the printer server after the flash or it is already turned on by default?

Thanks,

Installed the DD-WRT firmware, and the printer works fine now.
evristow
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
For the last 5 years I've been using only Linux and don't have any Windows machines at home.

I have a RT-N13U B1 running vanilla DD-WRT and just recently bought a 2TB USB drive to be my media and incremental backup vault.

When I tried to mount the drive partitions, noticed that there weren't any FS available in the kernel. After some research I arrived here and found this mod (cudos on the work btw!).

Therefore, just a quick question, is there any way to upload the v7 mod trx file without the Asus utility? Since it is a firmware file, renaming it to .bin would work or trx files are treated different by the Asus utility than bin files are by the DD-WRT?

Regards,
Eduardo
CTXSi
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 14:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
@evristow Are you using the standard 18777 build? I thought that build is supposed to have some additional filesystem support that prior builds did not. You should be able to move to that build from any prior DD-WRT version via a simple web update, so you may want to try that first (if you haven't already) and see if it works for you.

If you want to go to the v7 mod then per the first post in this thread you need to use either the Asus tool or a TFTP client. I believe if you search around you'll find instructions for how to flash in Linux using TFTP.
asingh.usms
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 14:57    Post subject: help Reply with quote
can anyone give me the link so that i can setup my 3g dongle to access it over wifi
jerokee
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'd like to add exFAT support. I know, and I used this features on ASUS firmware MOD by Vladimir Kazakov, Russia. It's feature based on fuse-exFat. But I prefer dd-wrt.
It will be a great idea!
mmbrant
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 16:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have it installed on my RT-N13U B1. The installation started from the factory firmware. The internet connection works perfectly for the computer that connects to the router via Ethernet cable. However, the connections over wireless look very unstable. Internet connections on my other devices (computer/pad/phone) through this router keep on and off, which makes it unusable. Any idea?
Thanks!!
CTXSi
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 20:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
mmbrant wrote:
The installation started from the factory firmware.

Do you mean you uploaded DD-WRT onto your router from the factory firmware web interface? That is not the recommended upgrade path and could be the reason you are seeing odd performance.
mmbrant
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 18:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
CTXSi wrote:
Do you mean you uploaded DD-WRT onto your router from the factory firmware web interface? That is not the recommended upgrade path and could be the reason you are seeing odd performance.

No. I used asus utility to upload "asus-to-ddwrt.trx", and then updated to dd-wrt from the dd-wrt web interface.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22, 23, 24  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 16 of 24
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: