TP-Link 703N flashing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
LOM
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 28 Dec 2008
Posts: 7164

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 12:19    Post subject: Re: 3g Support for the wr703n Reply with quote
neel007 wrote:


I am running r18777 too, but cannot get my Huawei K3770 to work, it is a Vodafone NL version. I did all the settings in the Wan connection type with the details provided by vodafone, but can't get it to work. Need I do some other settings elsewhere in the UI?

Thank you,
Cheers,
Neel007


I think I know what the problem is..

telnet into the router and give me the output from

cat /proc/bus/usb/devices

with the 3G stick connected.

_________________
I'm on a whiskey diet, lost 3 days already
Sponsor
neel007
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 19 Apr 2012
Posts: 11

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 21:19    Post subject: Re: 3g Support for the wr703n Reply with quote
LOM wrote:
neel007 wrote:


I am running r18777 too, but cannot get my Huawei K3770 to work, it is a Vodafone NL version. I did all the settings in the Wan connection type with the details provided by vodafone, but can't get it to work. Need I do some other settings elsewhere in the UI?

Thank you,
Cheers,
Neel007


I think I know what the problem is..

telnet into the router and give me the output from

cat /proc/bus/usb/devices

with the 3G stick connected.



Thank you for spending time on my question. The output is:
root@DD-WRT:~# cat /proc/bus/usb/devices

T: Bus=01 Lev=00 Prnt=00 Port=00 Cnt=00 Dev#= 1 Spd=480 MxCh= 1
B: Alloc= 0/800 us ( 0%), #Int= 0, #Iso= 0
D: Ver= 2.00 Cls=09(hub ) Sub=00 Prot=01 MxPS=64 #Cfgs= 1
P: Vendor=1d6b ProdID=0002 Rev= 3.02
S: Manufacturer=Linux 3.2.12-rc1-svn18774 ehci_hcd
S: Product=Atheros AR91xx built-in EHCI controller
S: SerialNumber=platform
C:* #Ifs= 1 Cfg#= 1 Atr=e0 MxPwr= 0mA
I:* If#= 0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 1 Cls=09(hub ) Sub=00 Prot=00 Driver=hub
E: Ad=81(I) Atr=03(Int.) MxPS= 4 Ivl=256ms

T: Bus=01 Lev=01 Prnt=01 Port=00 Cnt=01 Dev#= 5 Spd=480 MxCh= 0
D: Ver= 2.00 Cls=00(>ifc ) Sub=00 Prot=00 MxPS=64 #Cfgs= 1
P: Vendor=12d1 ProdID=14d1 Rev= 1.02
S: Manufacturer=HUAWEI
S: Product=Vodafone Mobile Broadband (Huawei)
C:* #Ifs= 1 Cfg#= 1 Atr=80 MxPwr=500mA
I:* If#= 0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 2 Cls=08(stor.) Sub=06 Prot=50 Driver=(none)
E: Ad=0f(O) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS= 512 Ivl=0ms
E: Ad=8f(I) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS= 512 Ivl=0ms
root@DD-WRT:~#


Cheers,
Neel007
LOM
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 28 Dec 2008
Posts: 7164

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 4:16    Post subject: Re: 3g Support for the wr703n Reply with quote
neel007 wrote:


T: Bus=01 Lev=00 Prnt=00 Port=00 Cnt=00 Dev#= 1 Spd=480 MxCh= 1
B: Alloc= 0/800 us ( 0%), #Int= 0, #Iso= 0
D: Ver= 2.00 Cls=09(hub ) Sub=00 Prot=01 MxPS=64 #Cfgs= 1
P: Vendor=1d6b ProdID=0002 Rev= 3.02
S: Manufacturer=Linux 3.2.12-rc1-svn18774 ehci_hcd
S: Product=Atheros AR91xx built-in EHCI controller
S: SerialNumber=platform
C:* #Ifs= 1 Cfg#= 1 Atr=e0 MxPwr= 0mA
I:* If#= 0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 1 Cls=09(hub ) Sub=00 Prot=00 Driver=hub
E: Ad=81(I) Atr=03(Int.) MxPS= 4 Ivl=256ms

T: Bus=01 Lev=01 Prnt=01 Port=00 Cnt=01 Dev#= 5 Spd=480 MxCh= 0
D: Ver= 2.00 Cls=00(>ifc ) Sub=00 Prot=00 MxPS=64 #Cfgs= 1
P: Vendor=12d1 ProdID=14d1 Rev= 1.02
S: Manufacturer=HUAWEI
S: Product=Vodafone Mobile Broadband (Huawei)
C:* #Ifs= 1 Cfg#= 1 Atr=80 MxPwr=500mA
I:* If#= 0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 2 Cls=08(stor.) Sub=06 Prot=50 Driver=(none)
E: Ad=0f(O) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS= 512 Ivl=0ms
E: Ad=8f(I) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS= 512 Ivl=0ms
root@DD-WRT:~#


Cheers,
Neel007


There is a missing modeswitch cmd in dd-wrt for sticks with id 12d1:14d1 so your stick does not get switched from cd-rom mode to modem mode, I will add the missing cmd so it works in the next released dd-wrt firmware.

You can issue the modeswitch cmd manually so the stick is usable while waiting for a new release:


usb_modeswitch -v 0x12d1 -p 0x14d1 -M "55534243123456780000000000000011062000000100000000000000000000"

_________________
I'm on a whiskey diet, lost 3 days already
neel007
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 19 Apr 2012
Posts: 11

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 8:34    Post subject: Re: 3g Support for the wr703n Reply with quote
LOM wrote:


There is a missing modeswitch cmd in dd-wrt for sticks with id 12d1:14d1 so your stick does not get switched from cd-rom mode to modem mode, I will add the missing cmd so it works in the next released dd-wrt firmware.

You can issue the modeswitch cmd manually so the stick is usable while waiting for a new release:


usb_modeswitch -v 0x12d1 -p 0x14d1 -M "55534243123456780000000000000011062000000100000000000000000000"


Thx, tried it out just now, when I do this manually, I get the following response, and I don't have internet access:

root@DD-WRT:~# usb_modeswitch -v 0x12d1 -p 0x14d1 -M "55534243123456780000000000
000011062000000100000000000000000000"

Looking for default devices ...
Found devices in default mode or class (1)
Accessing device 007 on bus 001 ...
Using endpoints 0x0f (out) and 0x8f (in)
Using endpoints 0x0f (out) and 0x8f (in)
Inquiring device details; driver will be detached ...
Looking for active driver ...
No driver found. Either detached before or never attached

SCSI inquiry data (for identification)
-------------------------
Vendor String: Vodafone
Model String: CD ROM (Huawei)
Revision String: 2.31
-------------------------

USB description data (for identification)
-------------------------
Manufacturer: HUAWEI
Product: Vodafone Mobile Broadband (Huawei)
Serial No.: not provided
-------------------------
Setting up communication with interface 0 ...
Using endpoint 0x0f for message sending ...
Trying to send message 1 to endpoint 0x0f ...
OK, message successfully sent
Resetting response endpoint 0x8f
Resetting message endpoint 0x0f
Error resetting endpoint: -4
Device is gone, skipping any further commands
-> Run lsusb to note any changes. Bye.

root@DD-WRT:~#

Cheers,
Neel007
LOM
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 28 Dec 2008
Posts: 7164

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 10:53    Post subject: Re: 3g Support for the wr703n Reply with quote
neel007 wrote:


Thx, tried it out just now, when I do this manually, I get the following response, and I don't have internet access:

Device is gone, skipping any further commands
-> Run lsusb to note any changes. Bye.

root@DD-WRT:~#

Cheers,
Neel007


Device is gone means that the cd-rom device has now disappeared and the stick has switched to modem mode.

Do a cat of the devices file again after modeswitch, it should show a new device which probably is 12d1:14c9.

The bad news for you is that 12d1:14c9 was added in dd-wrt around a month ago so there is no public build supporting it yet, you'll have to wait for next release.

Sorry!

_________________
I'm on a whiskey diet, lost 3 days already
neel007
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 19 Apr 2012
Posts: 11

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 12:16    Post subject: Re: 3g Support for the wr703n Reply with quote
LOM wrote:

Do a cat of the devices file again after modeswitch, it should show a new device which probably is 12d1:14c9.

The bad news for you is that 12d1:14c9 was added in dd-wrt around a month ago so there is no public build supporting it yet, you'll have to wait for next release.

Sorry!


The response I get when I first do the modeswitch and then the cat is:

root@DD-WRT:~# usb_modeswitch -v 0x12d1 -p 0x14d1 -M "55534243123456780000000000
000011062000000100000000000000000000"

Looking for default devices ...
Found devices in default mode or class (1)
Accessing device 002 on bus 001 ...
Using endpoints 0x0f (out) and 0x8f (in)
Using endpoints 0x0f (out) and 0x8f (in)
Inquiring device details; driver will be detached ...
Looking for active driver ...
No driver found. Either detached before or never attached

SCSI inquiry data (for identification)
-------------------------
Vendor String: Vodafone
Model String: CD ROM (Huawei)
Revision String: 2.31
-------------------------

USB description data (for identification)
-------------------------
Manufacturer: HUAWEI
Product: Vodafone Mobile Broadband (Huawei)
Serial No.: not provided
-------------------------
Setting up communication with interface 0 ...
Using endpoint 0x0f for message sending ...
Trying to send message 1 to endpoint 0x0f ...
OK, message successfully sent
Resetting response endpoint 0x8f
Resetting message endpoint 0x0f
Error resetting endpoint: -4
Device is gone, skipping any further commands
-> Run lsusb to note any changes. Bye.

root@DD-WRT:~# cat /proc/bus/usb/devices

T: Bus=01 Lev=00 Prnt=00 Port=00 Cnt=00 Dev#= 1 Spd=480 MxCh= 1
B: Alloc= 1/800 us ( 0%), #Int= 1, #Iso= 0
D: Ver= 2.00 Cls=09(hub ) Sub=00 Prot=01 MxPS=64 #Cfgs= 1
P: Vendor=1d6b ProdID=0002 Rev= 3.02
S: Manufacturer=Linux 3.2.12-rc1-svn18774 ehci_hcd
S: Product=Atheros AR91xx built-in EHCI controller
S: SerialNumber=platform
C:* #Ifs= 1 Cfg#= 1 Atr=e0 MxPwr= 0mA
I:* If#= 0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 1 Cls=09(hub ) Sub=00 Prot=00 Driver=hub
E: Ad=81(I) Atr=03(Int.) MxPS= 4 Ivl=256ms

T: Bus=01 Lev=01 Prnt=01 Port=00 Cnt=01 Dev#= 3 Spd=480 MxCh= 0
D: Ver= 2.00 Cls=00(>ifc ) Sub=00 Prot=00 MxPS=64 #Cfgs= 1
P: Vendor=12d1 ProdID=14c9 Rev= 1.02
S: Manufacturer=HUAWEI
S: Product=Vodafone Mobile Broadband (Huawei)
C:* #Ifs= 5 Cfg#= 1 Atr=80 MxPwr=500mA
I:* If#= 0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 3 Cls=ff(vend.) Sub=02 Prot=31 Driver=option
E: Ad=8f(I) Atr=03(Int.) MxPS= 64 Ivl=2ms
E: Ad=8e(I) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS= 512 Ivl=0ms
E: Ad=0f(O) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS= 512 Ivl=4ms
I:* If#= 1 Alt= 0 #EPs= 1 Cls=ff(vend.) Sub=02 Prot=37 Driver=(none)
E: Ad=8d(I) Atr=03(Int.) MxPS= 64 Ivl=2ms
I: If#= 1 Alt= 1 #EPs= 3 Cls=ff(vend.) Sub=02 Prot=37 Driver=(none)
E: Ad=8d(I) Atr=03(Int.) MxPS= 64 Ivl=2ms
E: Ad=8c(I) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS= 512 Ivl=0ms
E: Ad=0e(O) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS= 512 Ivl=4ms
I:* If#= 2 Alt= 0 #EPs= 2 Cls=ff(vend.) Sub=02 Prot=33 Driver=(none)
E: Ad=8b(I) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS= 512 Ivl=0ms
E: Ad=0d(O) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS= 512 Ivl=4ms
I:* If#= 3 Alt= 0 #EPs= 2 Cls=ff(vend.) Sub=02 Prot=32 Driver=option
E: Ad=8a(I) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS= 512 Ivl=0ms
E: Ad=0c(O) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS= 512 Ivl=4ms
I:* If#= 4 Alt= 0 #EPs= 2 Cls=08(stor.) Sub=06 Prot=50 Driver=(none)
E: Ad=0b(O) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS= 512 Ivl=0ms
E: Ad=89(I) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS= 512 Ivl=0ms
root@DD-WRT:~#

So you are right, the new device is 12d1:14c9 (and the device keeps rebooting almost continuously (!?), so much it even is difficult to issue both the modeswitch and the cat commands in one go)
I don't mind waiting for the next release, I am grateful for the support you give me anyways!

Cheers,
Thx,
Neel007
LOM
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 28 Dec 2008
Posts: 7164

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 13:33    Post subject: Re: 3g Support for the wr703n Reply with quote
neel007 wrote:

So you are right, the new device is 12d1:14c9 (and the device keeps rebooting almost continuously (!?), so much it even is difficult to issue both the modeswitch and the cat commands in one go)



The reboot is worrying, it shouldn't happen because of an unsupported id.
How do you power the 703?
Be aware that the router itself takes around 200mA and the 3G stick is specified as using up to 500mA.
Some sticks even exceeds that for short moments so you need at least a 1 Amp power supply for it, you can't power the 703 from a USB port of another device which has a standard limitation of 500mA.

_________________
I'm on a whiskey diet, lost 3 days already
neel007
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 19 Apr 2012
Posts: 11

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 21:10    Post subject: Re: 3g Support for the wr703n Reply with quote
LOM wrote:

The reboot is worrying, it shouldn't happen because of an unsupported id.
How do you power the 703?
Be aware that the router itself takes around 200mA and the 3G stick is specified as using up to 500mA.
Some sticks even exceeds that for short moments so you need at least a 1 Amp power supply for it, you can't power the 703 from a USB port of another device which has a standard limitation of 500mA.


That is probably it, I should have thought of that Wink
I powered it from the usb port of my netbook. I will do some testing tomorrow with an alternative power source.

Cheers,Neel007
neel007
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 19 Apr 2012
Posts: 11

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 9:05    Post subject: Re: 3g Support for the wr703n Reply with quote
neel007 wrote:
LOM wrote:

The reboot is worrying, it shouldn't happen because of an unsupported id.
How do you power the 703?
Be aware that the router itself takes around 200mA and the 3G stick is specified as using up to 500mA.
Some sticks even exceeds that for short moments so you need at least a 1 Amp power supply for it, you can't power the 703 from a USB port of another device which has a standard limitation of 500mA.


That is probably it, I should have thought of that Wink
I powered it from the usb port of my netbook. I will do some testing tomorrow with an alternative power source.

Cheers,Neel007


That was it, now using a 1A psu, and no reboots in the last two hours Smile
LOM
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 28 Dec 2008
Posts: 7164

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 13:21    Post subject: Re: 3g Support for the wr703n Reply with quote
neel007 wrote:

That was it, now using a 1A psu, and no reboots in the last two hours Smile


ok good, sent you a pm.

_________________
I'm on a whiskey diet, lost 3 days already
neel007
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 19 Apr 2012
Posts: 11

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 19:13    Post subject: Re: 3g Support for the wr703n Reply with quote
LOM wrote:

ok good, sent you a pm.


I am afraid I bricked it...Crying or Very sad. sent you a pm too
josnan40
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 13 Oct 2011
Posts: 11

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 16:59    Post subject: Status: Not mounted Reply with quote
As mount usb

toritor
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 06 May 2012
Posts: 2

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 13:06    Post subject: Can´t access to mnt Reply with quote
I am having some troubles mounting a usb hard disk. I made the partitions as mentioned in the usb tutorial (one for opt another for swap other one for iffs and the last one for the data itself) but after making the partitions and trying to connect the drive it doesnt let me access to any of the drives.

When i try to do "cd /mnt/" it says " cd: can't cd to mnt".

I also tryed to do "mount /dev/sda1 /mnt" but it just does nothing.

In the /dev directory at least it list
sda
sda1
sda2
sda3
sda4
so i guess that the so is detecting correctly the drive.

Thanks for the help

PS: sorry if my questions are obvious but i am very newie on linux. Embarassed
toritor
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 06 May 2012
Posts: 2

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 22:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
After doing some research on the web and looking over the files, i concluded that: It doesnt have support for ext3 partitions, so.... would be it possible having a firmware with this. May be the cdrom support could be out couse at this point i consider it useless but in the other hand ext3 would be great. With this point i think that at least we could start to install the opkg and the other stuff.
LOM
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 28 Dec 2008
Posts: 7164

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 2:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
toritor wrote:
After doing some research on the web and looking over the files, i concluded that: It doesnt have support for ext3 partitions, so.... would be it possible having a firmware with this. May be the cdrom support could be out couse at this point i consider it useless but in the other hand ext3 would be great. With this point i think that at least we could start to install the opkg and the other stuff.


There is no space for any kind of file systems for external USB storage on a router with only 4MB of flash, the USB port is solely intended for printer or 3G modem sticks.

The 703 is a $25 gadget, a travel router of the simplest kind and it is very ill suited for becoming a NAS, buy appropriate hardware for the job you want to do!

_________________
I'm on a whiskey diet, lost 3 days already
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 5 of 6
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum